Author Topic: I Know That, But My Character Doesn't Know Yet  (Read 9424 times)

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
Re: I Know That, But My Character Doesn't Know Yet
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2013, 03:45:27 pm »
Y'know, this thread could be particularly relevent for the... -pulls out megaphone- FeralHeart Official RP Day on September 28th

But seriously, it'll be interesting to see how that goes for this very reason...

:O! WE HAVE AN RP DAY!?!?!?!?!!?!?

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline meeeea

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2013, 06:34:47 pm »
Y'know, this thread could be particularly relevent for the... -pulls out megaphone- FeralHeart Official RP Day on September 28th

But seriously, it'll be interesting to see how that goes for this very reason...

:O! WE HAVE AN RP DAY!?!?!?!?!!?!?

Shh, stay on topic.

However, what Lady said is 100% true. People have always turned on me in an aggressive stance because it said "Rogue" in my name. They somehow managed to figure out my rogueness by what? Me passing through lookin' for a friend?

Offline Nymphadora

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • J?s? s???? - ????'?? ?? ????.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2013, 05:59:39 am »
I've never come across anything like this before o.o ~ Perhaps I'm just one of those lucky people xD

I'd love to come across someone like this though, it'd make for an interesting conversation... Perhaps the user could learn a few roleplaying tips about how to introduce characters. xD
T'is a shame people can get it endlessly and it can bug them, but I'm sure with a little reasoning, they'll see the light. c:

~Nym
W???, I s????s? I ???? ????? ??? ???? ???s, ????? ?s ?x????? ??? I ???? ?????:

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2013, 11:59:36 pm »
Yep

feral_cast.fhm

Offline Fallenleaf

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2013, 10:01:58 pm »
Although it rarely happens to me, it still enrages me to no point.
The thing is, I always RP with my friends, so all our characters know each others by now.

There is something that never happened to me, but could've happened to others. For example, relatives that had never met each others before. (Here is an example with two of my characters that are from the O'Sullivan family.)

Sibrwd: the ginger-hued tom walked up to the ebony-blue feline, purring. "Hey there, Soulfrost!" He greeted her as he sat down by her side.
Soulfrost: Dude, we never met before.))
Sibrwd: But we're cousins.))
Soulfrost: That doesn't mean anything. Soulfrost never met anyone from her family, until only recently.))
Sibwrd: But someone could've told me sbout you.))
Soulfrost: Well, judging by your bio, you despise Clan cats. Soul only knows Clan cats. So... -le poof-))

Yes. It includes some facts such as this. If the only place you could've heard about this relative is from people you would never have talked to, don't even try pretending to know my character. Another example:

Baby dragon: I'm hungry ~she walked around~
Heulog: The russet-hued hybrid snorted in annoyance. "Stop whining." She snapped, her tail lashing from side to side.
Baby dragon: You can't tell me what to do, hybrid.

THAT is something I simply can't accept. The part where it said I was a hybrid wasn't dialogue. This was a true RP. Didn't last long.

Offline Skrillexx

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 9
  • DANCE THE DANCE OF LIFE
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2013, 05:35:55 pm »
This happened before and I was like, just kill me now.
So, I was playing on my pack wolf, then encountered a killer wolf.. I'll just tell you what happened.

Me: The male strolled across the soft grass, scanning his eyes across the plains as the sun reflected off of his eyes, attempting to ignore it.
Jake m killer: 'what ar you doing all alone out here loner? or shood i say, daemon? -he smirked evily- (Im serious, he said that.)
Me: He whipped his head over to the black wolf, baring his teeth, "I don't care whoever you are, leave me alone, I'm busy and I have a pack meeting to attend to later." He growled, turning away to the different direction.
Jake m killer: -leaps at him and pins him down- shut up daemon, your being f*cking stupid acting like you don't know my naim.
Me: [Excuse me but if you haven't noticed, Daemon is much, much larger than your character. Also, I know your name, but Daemon doesn't.]
Jake m killer: (stfu and carry on with the f*cking rp)
Me: [Sorry but this conversation is over.]

At that point he was yelling at me while I walked away with my shades on and eventually he blocked me and I typed: LIKE A BOSS. Then I went back to my pack.

Awoken.

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2013, 02:19:37 am »
Heheh, thats powerplaying for you.

feral_cast.fhm

Offline BlueKinTsukiko

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2013, 02:32:53 am »
I know the feelz of the noobish role play...That one time in the flourite plains....and the sentence will forever go on. However there are some good rp'ers out there whom I do respect just...no xD I don't know everyone's name nor do I want to. As for them, same rules, just ask me my name in rp and we're good from there, out of rp, sure I don't care than. I don't know how many people dont get that hint already.

Offline Lopunny

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Oof
    • loopylopunny
    • maypheus
    • himelopunny
    • maypheus
    • View Profile
    • WARRIOR'S ROLEPLAY
« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2013, 04:26:06 am »
Ah, I encountered this many times before, though not as much recently ^^' for people who are new and are still getting the hang of roleplay, I completely understand and kindly explain to them, though don't ignore their post. It's just like when you write something and someone crumpled up your hard work from their viewpoint sometimes if only pointed out and not played along with. Usually when something like that happens, I ask Oocly real quick, "Do you want these two to have met before? Because then they'd be more accustomed name wise. <3" or something like that you know? <3 The key is to always be patient and respectful to the person in my view, because they are still learning ^^ and I'm sure that we might have to wing it like that for RP day. Or maybe they'll catch on if you play along like saying, "You know my name? It might be either that I'm famous or have an invisible nametag for you to know that." Just have fun with it and not be mocking ^^

Check out my website linked on my profile, REINCARNATION : warriors rp

Offline Fallenleaf

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2013, 08:59:43 pm »

Well here's something that happened earlier today:
Person: The brute began to walk towards Cherry, his green eyes gleaming in the bright sun. His gaze was constant and he refused to blink. This unfamiliar fae could be a threat.
Me:(Cherry) Hey, um, how does your character know my name...if I'm unfamiliar? ))
Person: It was in your character's nametag, therefore I know your name. OF course.))
Me: That's really not how it works. I'd much rather introduce Cherry?...))
Person: It's much easier to read a name then rp the whole thing out...))
Me: I don't care what's easier, I just want to have a fun roleplay.))
Person: Please don't start an argument with me.))
Me: I don't intend to. I was just asking politely...))
Person: Well now this will be awkward...so goodbye.))
Me: Wow.
I don't think he meant it as his character knew your character's name. If not said as dialogue, it is ok to type in the name. Because it's such a pain when you make up a cute description of how the person looks, and if the person doesn't realize it is with him/her the other is trying to engage a RP with, it can easiky become annoying.

So,
Typing in the name of someone you don't know in dialogue: NO
Typing the name so the person may recognize himself/herself, out of dialogue: YES
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 09:02:19 pm by FallenStarOxO »