Author Topic: Creepy Pastas  (Read 1540 times)

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
Creepy Pastas
« on: September 02, 2014, 11:17:50 pm »
Well, I've been looking around lately, and I've been seeing a lot of Creepy Pasta characters... and I mean a LOT. And most of them aren't even real ones. For example, I've seen so many "<insert overused character name here> The Killer" or Demon Slender Dog. I mean, with so many psychopathic killers, it's just chaos. Most of the people who roleplay them haven't even READ the Pasta! I currently don't roleplay Creepy Pastas, but if I was going to start, I would do one of the less popular, but still just as good ones. Anyway, what do you think about "Creepy Pasta" characters?

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya

Offline greenart6

• The Chicken God
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 143
  • Spooky glowy ghost dogs
    • WornSkateboard
    • View Profile
Re: Creepy Pastas
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2014, 11:44:06 pm »
My opinion on Creepypasta characters?

Overused and usually inaccurate.

I haven't read many pastas myself (Maybe Rainbow Factory and Cheerilee's Garden, but those are pony ones XD Then just Rap Rat... khgsdhjkfha), but by what I know I can already say that there are way too many of these Jeff The Killer and Smile Dog characters... I don't really like the *Insert name here* The Killer characters, holy crap does everyone have to be a killer/demon/abused as a kids/has magical powers/is a god/extremely crazy? <---The majority of characters on FH

My opinion, less rambly and complainy and offtopic than the paragraph above, is that I think they're okay, but they shouldn't overuse certain characters and make so many fan-characters. They should give love to the less popular pastas.

k done

Offline Scarlet[]Death

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2014, 11:51:49 pm »
I've seen a lot of Creepy Pasta characters around as well and actually, I don't really understand the whole Creepy Pasta thing, including the one's I've read. I also think it's overused like Turtle stated above and am kind of slightly irritated by the fact that it has such a large fandom on Feral Heart; I hear about it/see it in almost every map I go to. ;-;

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2014, 12:51:36 am »
-Gestures around the room-
These, my good friends, the people thou speaketh of!

Probably never read the Creepy Pastas and fully understood it and probably are just there for the attention AND OR fangirls.

-Sigh- But, there are a select few who actually roleplay them quite nicely.

And the rest are, as stated above, the demon/god/evilmanbearpig/twistedpast/abusedkid/crazy/insane/kidofCreepyPastasandareOPasheck characters.

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline Nemena

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2014, 03:57:21 am »
I'm a bit eeeeeeeeeeehhhh on them. While I'm personally not a fan of creepypasta stories themselves, the main problem I have with the characters is their tendency to roleplay explicit scenes that definitely don't belong in a public chat.  Most I've met have posted outrageously inappropriate content! There's definitely a few people who stick to the rules (good on you!), but unfortunately, the majority-... Don't.

The other thing that rubs me the wrong way is that some effectively take a metaphorical poop upon mental illnesses. Schizophrenic people aren't mass murderers. Disassociate personality disorders don't have a 'cute' side and a 'MURDER-MURDER-KILL-MURDER' side. Even using the term 'psycho' is apparently pretty offensive to sufferers of psychosis. I just wish they'd stick to roleplaying the characters as opposed to flaunting how 'insane' they are! :(
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 04:39:56 am by Nemena »

Offline Jackkdaw

• The Fabulous
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 138
  • actual cannibal
    • http://jackkdaw.deviantart.com/
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2014, 12:10:57 pm »
Unfortunately I've got to agree with Dev.
I am not a particular fan of said "Creepy Pasta" characters. I think, as stated, that they are over rated around here, and I just simply don't understand the craze. o3o

That being said, I do appreciate the creativity that goes into making such characters in Feral Heart.
In-Game as: Jackkdaw
On DeviantART as Jackkdaw
sig by me

Offline KatanaWolf

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • Delete this account.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2014, 01:14:33 pm »
I have to agree with the overused part I've seen creepyPasta's everywhere especially in Ficho Tunnel I guess people like roleplaying there as them but as said already it's hardly accurate of what they would normally do.

Overall what I think about CreepyPasta's is pretty much in the middle.

Account no longer in use.

Offline darkknight

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
  • Ask Questions
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2014, 02:52:56 pm »
I never knew what the whole craze about this Creepypasta was for. I never have and most likely, never will. I love paranormal and horror as much as any other person, but I have a line. When I get on Feral Heart, I like to see a variety of aspects and interests to people I meet, including their characters.

Lately, with all the Creepypasta characters and fan-based communities I see, it's but one note. Their character, kill, murder, demon, end. The person, copy paste of other people around them. I dislike this. I've nothing wrong with any fandom or type of genre, but if it's all I ever see, it can get tedious, easily.   
Image © Mikita Kavalenka

Offline Fichtiilicious

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2014, 06:59:30 pm »
I love Creepy pastas