Author Topic: If you had to remove one of Feralheart's public/official maps-?  (Read 9193 times)

Offline Lady_Alizarin

• ✨ Is a Slytherin ✨
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 122
  • ~ Inactive on the forums
    • View Profile
Re: If you had to remove one of Feralheart's public/official maps-?
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2015, 07:13:11 pm »
Atlantis and Last Cave, simply because hardly anyone uses them.
Inactive

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2015, 07:26:49 pm »
I'm also quite torn between Atlantis and Last Cave, but if I had to pick one...
Atlantis.

True, it's unique and has an interesting concept, but the only reason that the few people go there is to pass through to Last Cave. Also, as cool as an underwater map is, honestly, no one really ever goes underwater, or even on the few islands there to do anything.

Last Cave actually isn't as unused as some may think. It's a nice private map with no real activity there, so it's great for private unmapped roleplays, chatting and of course, plotting your ultimate conquest.

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya

DreamerDay

« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2015, 10:39:49 pm »
Personally, I would take out the maps that aren't well-known, or basically hard to find. However, for the maps that well known, I would take away Bonfire Island. They really got some serious issue, then it is the "pride rock"...so I don't know.

But its really between Temple of Dreams and Atlantis.

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2015, 10:54:59 pm »

Offline Misinterpreted

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2015, 01:17:39 pm »
I would do what Sura suggested if it could ever be done.
Number one map I would remove would be Last Cave because for me, there is nothing there. Second of all it crashes, at least for me, constantly. I can't last there for like 10 minutes before it kicks me off. Second map I would remove is South Pole... There is no vegetation and it is all just snowy slopes. I'd like it if there were mountains and a couple of snow covered woods. It would be more interesting. I don't see much role-plays there to be honest. People just hang out there. Atlantis, I would remove and modify, because it would be nice to run about at the bottom of the map. There are some nice places there to RP, like the collesium-like structure. Bonfire, I would modify and make a bit bigger, too laggy and too many people. Ficho; I'd add
more tunnels to confuse people because it's more exciting. Fluorite, I would modify and add more dens and make the plains a whee bit bigger so lag would be a bit reduced, hopefully. Those are the main maps.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 01:23:25 pm by ??s??????????? »

Offline alexterri

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
  • We are One
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2015, 09:22:43 pm »
Last Cave.

1. Barely anyone goes to it to begin with. I don't think I've ever seen an actual roleplay there, and I myself have only been there around five times.

2. It's really pointless. If you want to hang out/roleplay in a cave map, just go to Ficho Tunnel.

3. This one probably relates to reason 1, but I don't think that a ton of people have been to Last Cave in the first place because it's pretty difficult to find.

4. It's a pretty bare map to begin with. I mean, it's just a cave with water in it. At least Ficho has stuff like a waterfall, some flowers, crystals, etc.

Actually, now that I think  about it,  a lot of maps of Feral Heart are kind of dull *coughSouthPolecough*

Offline Kastilla

• my mind is a sieve for inspiration.
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 71
  • [ ] make time go faster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2015, 11:02:18 pm »
Well, 'tis me own opinion but I rather enjoy Last Cave. It's mysterious. ewe
Anyway, if I were the choice oftakin' away a public map, I'd take away South Pole. I do like ice/tundra/snow-themed maps, but it's too much of a barren wasteland. o.o
But, Suragaha summed everything up pretty well - or at least, what I thought.
stinky dog coming through, don't mind me!

Offline unnbrellas

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 68
  • "fight me" i scream from under my bed
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant Art
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2015, 07:45:23 pm »
Last cave, no question about it. While not only being a long walk and a letdown once you finally get there, it's emptiness can... encourage certain behaviors...

Formerly MochaCocoa; Find me ingame as ErikaFishhy!
Signature by ???????????�??

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2015, 08:46:30 pm »
Last cave, no question about it. While not only being a long walk and a letdown once you finally get there, it's emptiness can... encourage certain behaviors...

Oh my gosh I totally forgot that that is a possibility.

Very valid - and mortifying - point you got there.
+Floof

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline Dngerboom

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • Brow game = Too intense.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2015, 06:05:25 am »
Hmm, For me personality I find that several maps have their flaws. I remember two years ago, I wasn't rather fond of the more altitude demeaning maps such as Ascension Island and Sky's Rim. I wasn't one to make a character with wings, nor did I wanted to take forever jumping platform to platform only to either glitch or fall and start all over. Eventually overtime, I did find this a bit amusing and it was worth the tedious getting stuck. But for Sky's Rim I had mixed emotions. Of course this was meant for the flyer in mind, but the fact that if you missed A single jump on a floating island, you will plummet into water. No land beneath you, and no way to reach the land masses. It lacked functionality for both land and air animals to navigate through there with no problems.

As many have said, many of the maps need to be revised and more dynamic. It will keep the game looking fresh as well even introducing more members. Unfortunately I wasn't apart of the Impressive Title migration, but from the lack of activities such as the 'hunting' and 'item' collecting you'll have to supply it to building more visually unique maps.

I would even mind some maps to interlink to different areas...
Example...
Bonfire Island>Cape of Worlds[underwater portal to]>Atlantis
Or...
Temple Of Dreams>Sky's Rim
Make all maps easily accessible and quick to navigate, give players a options for if they want to take a easy route or a longer one to conduct a more dynamic roleplay.

But, if I had to remove one map, It would be Last Cave. I wouldn't mind replacing it with a more woodland[North American landscape] or Rainforest public type area that is a mass map like FP. Gives the game more diversity that caters to any breed of animal particular if they want to be accurate with characters theme.
Discipline, Loyalty, Courage, Strength, Honor, NEVER SURRENDER!

Signature drawn/created by me
In-game username:Dngerboom