Poll

How many times do you run into this issue?

All the time!
Very Often...
Often.
Not too often...
Occasionally.
Never

Author Topic: Mate Cheating  (Read 12557 times)

Offline EmptyHabits

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 9
    • CybrilSalvatore
    • Cybril 🐺
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art
Mate Cheating
« on: July 09, 2015, 02:30:00 am »
Honestly, I'm not trying to sound desperate or emotional, I'm actually pretty thick-skinned. Anyway, I've been through this quite a bit and I have also noticed a lot of other players go through this as well. What I'm saying is, I think it is very rude for a character to get a mate and the mate will trust him/her. Yeah, the couple spend a lot of time together.... But when one of them don't go online for a couple days or even a couple hours, the other one goes out and pretends to be a maiden and love one another, and I think that's wrong. Why do people think it's okay to abandon their mate that they devoted themselves through cheating with another? At least come clean with your mate and say that it's not working out. It is just a game, but still - people have feelings, ya know? I always feel bad when I'm in this position and my mate cheats on me. I actually don't care that much because I'm used to being treated this way, but not all others are like that. My opinion for people cheating on one another is:

If you're not liking the time you're devoting to your mate, then come clean and talk to him/her about it and tell them how you feel. Maybe the two of you can work it out or just end it. I think it's wrong to give it up right away and go with someone else only to leave the other heartbroken the next day. Horrible thing to do.

And then when the person who's being cheated on goes and blabs it to their friends and the one who is doing the cheating becomes a laughingstock of the community. Maybe you should get to know people before you consider being their mates. People rush into mates too early and most of the time, it never ends well. So people, truly get to know your lover before you take things too seriously. You'll maybe find out that they're not your soul mate after all. I feel terrible for not only myself but for other people who get their feelings hurt as well in this process. What do you other FH community members feel about this? What's your input on this?

Offline Fearlesswolf

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Mate Cheating
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2015, 02:58:53 am »
Interesting topic!

Honestly, I am going to be very straight-forward with you. Yes, I agree with you; mates should not be cheating on each other and unfortunately, it's very common.

All I can say is dont fet your hopes up! Especially if you picked your mate when at the MateCenter. I would highly suggest focusing on Roleplaying and spending time with friends, because in doing so, you'll know who you can and cannot trust.

NOTE: No, I am not saying don't get a mate. There's nothing wrong with it. I am merely stating that its difficult to maintain a relationship without trust.

So, yeah, thats really all I have to say. Some mates are loyal, others just want their mate online and when they're off, they find one that is on. The cycle just keeps repeating.
In-Game Username - Fearlesswolf
"Forgiveness comes easy to those with an open heart; does that mean they'll forget? Oh no. They never will."

Offline EmptyHabits

• Experienced Traveler
    • CybrilSalvatore
    • Cybril 🐺
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2015, 03:06:17 am »
Interesting topic!

Honestly, I am going to be very straight-forward with you. Yes, I agree with you; mates should not be cheating on each other and unfortunately, it's very common.

All I can say is dont fet your hopes up! Especially if you picked your mate when at the MateCenter. I would highly suggest focusing on Roleplaying and spending time with friends, because in doing so, you'll know who you can and cannot trust.

NOTE: No, I am not saying don't get a mate. There's nothing wrong with it. I am merely stating that its difficult to maintain a relationship without trust.

So, yeah, thats really all I have to say. Some mates are loyal, others just want their mate online and when they're off, they find one that is on. The cycle just keeps repeating.

OMG! YES! I completely agree with you! It is incredibly difficult to keep mates, especially from the Mate Center. MC is really annoying because people only pick characters for the looks. Finally! Someone who gets it! ^~^

DreamerDay

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2015, 03:07:06 am »
There's always that one person who thinks they need a mate for every character. Honestly, you don't. I know for a deep fact if you have a while bunch of mates and they're all online, wanting to rp with you, what you gonna do? A group mate chat? Nauh. I completely love this thread. I really support it.

I can't stand how user thinks it's okay to find mates for every character they make. Like, it's making bad character out of yourself. And when once they finally find the truth then you don't know why you been ignored those past few days. I honestly hate those people they say want to be your mate but stops talking to you following day. I think I been in a rp (but ooc)and they having an argument about mates. It's not cute.

In general I don't fight over boys. If someone liked my boyfriend and my boyfriend liked her, and she suddenly hated me,  then we're breaking. I don't fight over that Boyfriend decision crap. It's pitty.

This mate cheating this is also pitty.

Offline EmptyHabits

• Experienced Traveler
    • CybrilSalvatore
    • Cybril 🐺
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2015, 03:15:10 am »
There's always that one person who thinks they need a mate for every character. Honestly, you don't. I know for a deep fact if you have a while bunch of mates and they're all online, wanting to rp with you, what you gonna do? A group mate chat? Nauh. I completely love this thread. I really support it.

I can't stand how user thinks it's okay to find mates for every character they make. Like, it's making bad character out of yourself. And when once they finally find the truth then you don't know why you been ignored those past few days. I honestly hate those people they say want to be your mate but stops talking to you following day. I think I been in a rp (but ooc)and they having an argument about mates. It's not cute.

In general I don't fight over boys. If someone liked my boyfriend and my boyfriend liked her, and she suddenly hated me,  then we're breaking. I don't fight over that Boyfriend decision crap. It's pitty.

This mate cheating this is also pitty.

Yes! I've never had a mate for every character. I have met quite a bit of people whom have mates for every single character. And they have like 30 characters. And it's strange because they know very well that it's wrong so they try to hide it, which is bad but not as bad as what I'm about to say. Some people actually confess to their mates that they have like 20 mates for every character, and they'r completely okay with it. I run into a mate all the time who thinks it's okay to have a mate on every character - but I hate that! You can't have 20 boyfriends/girlfriends in real life for each outfit you wear. That's just not how it works. So yes, I completely and honestly agree with you, Delightful.

Offline Lady_Alizarin

• ✨ Is a Slytherin ✨
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 122
  • ~ Inactive on the forums
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2015, 03:36:42 am »
Let's see. How can I word this?...

Do people really take this whole mate thing so serious? 0_o ???

When it comes to mates in Feral Heart, I think players pretend to be mates with someone just for the sake of roleplay. It's like children who like to play 'House'; you have someone playing the Mom, someone playing the Dad, and a few others playing as the kids. I don't think most people pair up with someone and be their mate and treat it like a real relationship. Feral Heart is supposed to be a game for fun, not a place to seek online relationships and dating. Most probably think, "Oh I'm never going to roleplay with this person again, I will just find someone else to play with," and find someone else to play the role of a "mate". So most don't take the whole "one mate only" relationship seriously. Maybe they aren't looking for a romantic relationship, but just want to roleplay. After all, this is a game of pretend where you make lots of friends and meet lots of people.

It's good to have many friends to play with on this game. All the friends I have here are just friends. No online "mates" or anything romantic at all. I never really thought it was a good idea to have an online relationship on a game like this; especially a "mate" you're "supposed to stick with for all roleplays, cuddle them, kiss them, lovey-dove all the time". You don't know who you're talking to. You don't know who's behind that character. They may tell you they are a 14 year old girl, but in reality they could be a 36 year old man. I don't even know what my friends look like in reality, and I don't know if most of them are telling the truth of what kind of person they really are.

But anyway my point is.... I don't think having a mate in Feral Heart is really necessary or important, but that's just me. If you want a mate to have a romantic relationship with in the game, go for it but be cautious. And don't be surprised if you get "cheated on" because they wanted to roleplay with someone else. Your mate that cheated on you may not be looking for a romantic relationship on this game but just wants to roleplay.
Inactive

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2015, 07:34:03 am »
FeralHeart is just a game. It's not real life. So imo mates shouldn't be taken so seriously that your partner is your actual boyfriend/girlfriend. Sure, you may have feeling for your mate but it's only fine if it's in character. Getting way too attached to your mate so it becomes personal is a bit obsessive and improper.

If your mate actually cheats on you with another character, don't get too emotional about it. Sure, cheating on your partner is rude and selfish no matter the situation, but since FH is a game, not OKCupid, you shouldn't get too offended by it. If your mate actually cheats on you, talk to them about it. Go the easiest route, and don't make too much tension and drama over a game of roleplay. A roleplay with too much unnecessary tension never works out.

That's my two cents on the general subject.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 07:35:37 am by jengatower »

Offline jay warfang

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2015, 10:35:26 pm »
I never got the whole idea of giving much of a damn about mates... You as a person are not in a romantic relationship with the other person, at most you're friends OOC. They have no obligation to have any romantic allegiance to you or vice versa, the closest one can get to cheating would be for the sake of IC drama (which is it's own problem, I mean animals tend to not stick with one partner for life....) and at that point who cares? 

Echoing harmony

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2015, 10:52:33 pm »
I never got the whole idea of giving much of a damn about mates... You as a person are not in a romantic relationship with the other person, at most you're friends OOC. They have no obligation to have any romantic allegiance to you or vice versa, the closest one can get to cheating would be for the sake of IC drama (which is it's own problem, I mean animals tend to not stick with one partner for life....) and at that point who cares? 
Please watch your language here on the forums >.<

Offline ritat

• Incarnated Angel
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 156
  • Will be inactive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2015, 05:10:55 pm »
-claps loudly- bravo!  I can't tell you how proud I am for one person to understand that having a mate before you know them is ridiculous. Like I said before, it's like beauty and the beast meeting each other for one second, who don't make eye contact at all... then BAM, fake love is eventually created. I don't understand why people want to make love in the Internet to, it's only a game. I fully agree with your post floof, thank you for sharing.