Poll

How many times do you run into this issue?

All the time!
Very Often...
Often.
Not too often...
Occasionally.
Never

Author Topic: Mate Cheating  (Read 12555 times)

Offline Chartay

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Yo
    • View Profile
Re: Mate Cheating
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2015, 08:30:47 am »
Never, I prefer not to online date. Haha!
I really hate myself

Offline Skullfrost

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 29
    • @x_skulleh
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2015, 05:41:32 am »
Why are you in an OOC romantic relationship with your character's "mate" anyway? Mates are a roleplaying thing- your character, in roleplay, is mates with that other character. It shouldn't be an OOC thing at all- you're not in a real relationship, so why is it an issue? If people want to get mates for more than one character that's their prerogative, because what if they want to be in more than one roleplay, and in that roleplay, their character gets with another character? It shouldn't be an issue- the player themselves is not bound by loyalty to you. FeralHeart is not an OOC-based dating site, it's a roleplaying/chat game.

Also, you should not have to know a person OOCly for a while before your character becomes mates with their character ICly- because it's not even an OOC relationship, it's a roleplay.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 05:45:28 am by .:Skullfrost:. »

Offline WolfLover2550

• Curious Wanderer
  • The Wolf looks ever forward, never back
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2015, 03:50:26 pm »
I have had very few mates, and all of the ones I did have would just leave and I would never see them again. I agree that you should get to know them better first. I've found(not through experience) that most of the cheaters are in the mate center. Im not trying to make it look bad but I believe that most of the people that use it are inactive and don't have the time/motivation to go out and get a mate. You/they should definitely not cheat on them/you. You can make multiple characters you know! Go get a mate on a different character if you really need one.
Le Laser Duck Queen
Known in game as WolfLover2550

Offline alexterri

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
  • We are One
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2015, 06:07:24 pm »
......I think the better question is, why are you taking this so seriously? I really don't understand the appeal of "mates". FH is not a dating site, people. And yeah, most mates end up breaking up. I don't really know why, though I noticed that almost all mates made through the Mate Center end up breaking up.

Offline TheLittleRobin

• Curious Wanderer
  • My name is Midnight and I am not afraid of you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2015, 02:26:05 am »
Mate cheating is wrong in every way possible. I've fall in love countless times before and I'll see them with another girl. It's really frustrating sometimes. Every time I rp with someone and fall in love with them, it's real feelings for me! I hate it when they say "Oh, it's just an rp, get over it." When I'm mates with someone in or out of rp, I do truly care for them. Not of that faking/acting crap. Sorry, I've gone through a lot of heartbreak over the years.
"Promise me you'll always remember, you're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think." -Winnie The Pooh

Echoing harmony

« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2015, 02:59:41 am »
I just avoid mates and mate centers.
Although, I have met my 'Ex' Boyfriend through this game. He harassed me and some friends so, I blocked him and we never made contact again.

I think what the real problem with this is, is that girls who are maybe under the age of 12 get their hopes up on a boy thinking they could be a real deal relationship.
But that's just my input on all of this mess.

Offline xXQueenXx

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 24
  • Sippin tea
    • https://www.youtube.com/channel/
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2015, 02:46:12 pm »
Mate cheating is wrong in every way possible. I've fall in love countless times before and I'll see them with another girl. It's really frustrating sometimes. Every time I rp with someone and fall in love with them, it's real feelings for me! I hate it when they say "Oh, it's just an rp, get over it." When I'm mates with someone in or out of rp, I do truly care for them. Not of that faking/acting crap. Sorry, I've gone through a lot of heartbreak over the years.
Although, I have met my 'Ex' Boyfriend through this game. He harassed me and some friends so, I blocked him and we never made contact again.

I think what the real problem with this is, is that girls who are maybe under the age of 12 get their hopes up on a boy thinking they could be a real deal relationship.

Like people have already said this isn't a dating site.
Many of the players are very young, which is why if I EVER have an in-game relationship, I always make sure I know them first.
 It would be super awkward if they turned out to be 10 years old or something and think it's real love.
Sure, I think if two people connect in different ways with each other
(Not just over a game) then something else could happen but as for "having a mate" itself, I'm not a huge fan.

Echoing harmony

« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2015, 02:50:18 pm »

Many of the players are very young, which is why if I EVER have an in-game relationship, I always make sure I know them first.
 It would be super awkward if they turned out to be 10 years old or something and think it's real love.
(Not just over a game) then something else could happen but as for "having a mate" itself, I'm not a huge fan.

As a fair statement you made. If young kids are doing this. They don't know it's wrong at all. I think we need to better yet inforce safety to them and maybe that will help at the least.

I would like to also say that this argument can come to no common agreement. Since there are too many sides of the story. That's that.

Offline xXQueenXx

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 24
  • Sippin tea
    • https://www.youtube.com/channel/
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2015, 03:00:33 pm »

As a fair statement you made. If young kids are doing this. They don't know it's wrong at all. I think we need to better yet inforce safety to them and maybe that will help at the least.

I would like to also say that this argument can come to no common agreement. Since there are too many sides of the story. That's that.
I suppose so. I agree with you on getting more inforce safety. 
Don't even get me started on actual mating.  I've seen way too much of it in-game and I feel sorry for the kids who have too x'D

Offline PercyJackson1002

• Curious Wanderer
  • Daniel La' Suskan
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART Account
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2015, 05:34:29 pm »
Due to quite of my respect, I kinda get this problem as well. I kinda changed since I founded my loved soul and I never would have to run into this problem, but its little kids that are doing this with the cheating, mating, etc. And I don't try to bother them UNLESS if they bother me. I would just respond to them kindly like "I'm sorry, I'm already with someone else." But I see others with this problem, I did have one GF I had and she was barely on so I was getting more lonely. When she finally got on I broke it too her. I seen other people with these problems, but I'm most likely to sit inside in Lonely Tree with my new loved on. But its not big of a deal for the people in FP but its quite often in Bonfire. Like I said, its no big of a threat, maybe these little kids are trying to learn what's like for it to have a mate.

I'm not making this post about myself, I was setting up a example.

-Yours Truly, Grumpy Cat.
#PrayForFH | Any Q/A just PM me.