Poll

How many times do you run into this issue?

All the time!
Very Often...
Often.
Not too often...
Occasionally.
Never

Author Topic: Mate Cheating  (Read 12556 times)

Offline XxCheyPawsxX

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • I'll beat you with my twig.
    • View Profile
Re: Mate Cheating
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2015, 08:13:00 pm »
I have a internet/long distance boyfriend, yet we did not meet because of feralheart.
We met on skype. I know what he looks like and he (i think, if he stalks my fb like i do to him) knows what I look like. Yet the words "I love you" are powerful. I don't think people should say it if they don't actually mean it.
Desperate people make me mad. Its like "ok this is feralheart not eharmony or farmsonly bye" *blocks mate beggar/desperate person.*

Offline Naasari

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
    • my tumblr lol
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2015, 01:15:46 am »
Personally, I think that if you are looking for a "serious" mate they would be your boyfriend and or girlfriend out of game, but it depends your preference whether you want something serious or not!There are a lot of people who feel obligated to have a mate for every different character, but if they are all roleplay characters, I don't see why not because it is only in roleplay. But out of roleplay, that is a different case I feel.

Offline whitewolf223

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • The casual observationist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2015, 02:35:44 am »
I never personally have... Mostly because I really couldn't care less about it, to but it bluntly. If it truely bothers you, you're taking it a bit too seriously. Remember, the beast way to enjoy any gfame is to simply not care, that even applies here.
Back again, let's see how long I stick around this time.

ZombieKitteh

« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2015, 03:18:47 am »
I don't really know how I feel about this topic. Don't get me wrong if a person is actually in a relationship with someone OOC cheating is obviously wrong.. but there's a line between OOC and IC that shouldn't be crossed.

As someones who's had a handful of my characters had mates ICly before; I don't see a problem with people having other mates on other characters? Heck if their character cheats on my character that's kind of ok too as it may bring up some plots and character development. It's only roleplay. People shouldn't take things so serious imo. And if anyone gets butthurt over their IC mate cheating on their character then they have some serious maturing to do.

I'm looking at this as a roleplayer though. I've had many characters with various relationships and personalities. I've had characters ranging from a senile old lynx to a huge flirt wolf all the way to the spectrum of a caring mother and mate. It's honestly really good to have a wide array of characters and roleplay experiences. they help you grow. So honestly any sort of character or plot development is always welcomed by me.

And even if someone is in a OOC relationship with someone. They or their partner shouldn't be upset if they're in a roleplay and one of their other characters gets a mate. Like I've said; it's only roleplay.  The in character mates aren't a actual relationship. It's all for the story of the roleplay. I'd personally be ok if my significant other were to join a roleplay and have a character develop to have a mate another character then one of my own. That's totally acceptable in my opinion as well.

Roleplay is just that; roleplaying. It's meant to be fun. OOC and IC shouldn't be crossed together.

Offline Pawnce

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2015, 03:41:08 am »
I don't really know how I feel about this topic. Don't get me wrong if a person is actually in a relationship with someone OOC cheating is obviously wrong.. but there's a line between OOC and IC that shouldn't be crossed.

As someones who's had a handful of my characters had mates ICly before; I don't see a problem with people having other mates on other characters? Heck if their character cheats on my character that's kind of ok too as it may bring up some plots and character development. It's only roleplay. People shouldn't take things so serious imo. And if anyone gets butthurt over their IC mate cheating on their character then they have some serious maturing to do.

I'm looking at this as a roleplayer though. I've had many characters with various relationships and personalities. I've had characters ranging from a senile old lynx to a huge flirt wolf all the way to the spectrum of a caring mother and mate. It's honestly really good to have a wide array of characters and roleplay experiences. they help you grow. So honestly any sort of character or plot development is always welcomed by me.

And even if someone is in a OOC relationship with someone. They or their partner shouldn't be upset if they're in a roleplay and one of their other characters gets a mate. Like I've said; it's only roleplay.  The in character mates aren't a actual relationship. It's all for the story of the roleplay. I'd personally be ok if my significant other were to join a roleplay and have a character develop to have a mate another character then one of my own. That's totally acceptable in my opinion as well.

Roleplay is just that; roleplaying. It's meant to be fun. OOC and IC shouldn't be crossed together.

I think this is so true. Role-play is entertainment--it's just for a bit of laughs & fun. :D In my opinion, you shouldn't get too attached to people ooc if it's their ic character doing all the talking anyway! My role-play characters usually end up being nothing like myself, personally. Don't set yourself up for any heart-ache by essentially falling for a non-existent persona!

Offline starthewolf445

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2015, 08:17:59 am »
For me it's pretty dang rude when someone doesn't get on for a few months.
A lot of things can happen to your characters in that point and time and of course a real woman and or man wouldn't wait forever for someone to return if you're following roleplay in a different timeline.

Offline Rangeranger333

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • Have a lovely day!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2015, 10:30:54 pm »
I honestly never run into this problem! That's most likely because I never have mates. I honestly think mates are stupid but if you like the idea of mates then that's your choice.
My signature is a work in progress!

I'm Rangeranger333 in game!

Offline DreamingShadows

• Curious Wanderer
  • idk
    • nope
    • nope
    • nope
    • nope
    • nope
    • View Profile
    • nope
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2015, 08:02:32 pm »
This is why I don't even bother having a mate. I was in this one clan, and the leader had a mate, and like, more than half the clan was their children. That's just weird... they always act like they've been together for years... and then one day, the leader found ANOTHER mate and just abandoned the other one that he "loved" so much.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 08:07:19 pm by {J}uniperFrost »
idk wat to put here

Offline Rangeranger333

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • Have a lovely day!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2015, 05:37:08 pm »
This is why  having mates is a huge problem. It causes unnecessary drama and people get upset over it. I mean mates cheat ALL the time. 
My signature is a work in progress!

I'm Rangeranger333 in game!

Offline shayy

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 73
  • World Class Shawty
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2015, 09:35:23 pm »
Well, I feel like it's understandable for someone to try and find a new mate if the one they current,y have has been offline for days and is just ruining the role play experience for the other person.
pm for free art i need practice