Author Topic: Adoption Center & Adoptions  (Read 3452 times)

Offline wolfsquad

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 61
  • Did you take all your medication today?
    • View Profile
    • Information
Adoption Center & Adoptions
« on: August 22, 2015, 10:17:58 pm »
Adoption Center
How do you feel about adoption centers? Aren't they slightly annoying, do you like them, etc?
I honestly have no problems with adoption center. I find them helpful for characters I have without parents (coughcough Finni coughcough).
The only issue is constant spam and caps. :P

Adoptions
Doesn't it bother you slightly how people only adopt PUPS/CUBS and not characters like 12 year old's and teenagers?
I sat in the adoption center and watched as only PUPS/CUBS that had common genders got adopted.
I slowly started to feel unloved and that people wouldn't adopt my character because...
1.) Finni is 12 and not one of those little 5 year old's
and/or
2.) Finni is genderless

Offline Shadowpaw666

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Rawr *~*
    • View Profile
Re: Adoption Center & Adoptions
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2015, 12:19:48 am »
I feel the same way, I was a teenager and I watched as one by one the little ones disappeared with their new parents. It's just finding the right people Finni. Sometimes I play as a puppy and as soon as I'm in a pack or family I grow to teenage years. Maybe this technique could help you? :')
Ingame Username: Shadowpaw666

Offline wolfsquad

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 61
  • Did you take all your medication today?
    • View Profile
    • Information
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2015, 12:56:55 am »
My character still is just a child.
He's only 12 and although his name doesn't have "Pup" in it or he's larger than most pups, I don't see that as a reason to dismiss him as if he wasn't even there.

Everyone deserves love, no matter: Age, gender, religion, race, sexuality, how they look, etc.

Echoing harmony

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2015, 01:00:38 am »
I like the idea of a Adoption Center, it's a nice spot to start a roleplay tbh.
But just like the Mate Center, everyone goes for the good looking pups/cubs or just cub and pups in general, ever so rarely I See teens there.

Offline Shadowpaw666

• Curious Wanderer
  • Rawr *~*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2015, 09:58:59 am »
I do agree with you both, maybe you could ask to be adopted by someone? It's not like it could do harm, could it?

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2015, 12:04:18 pm »
I'm fine with Adoption Centers honestly(Hell, I have even filled in for them because a lot of kiddies were around and I just felt like it), sure the caps can be annoying but they don't bother me that much.

And honestly, that 'only adopts pups/cubs' thing applies to Mate Centers. and more often then not you will see only pups getting adopted, as the popular species for these centers is a Canine.
Yeah they really don't choose 'genderless' or 'older kids' for adoption, though you might get lucky.
I remember seeing a wolf adopting a teenage leopard/lion thing so who knows.

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline xXQueenXx

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 24
  • Sippin tea
    • https://www.youtube.com/channel/
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2015, 02:05:51 pm »
There's already a thread about this here but I think adoption centres are a great way for people to interact with others, especially for new members who struggle to make new friends.  I've never personally been to an adoption centre with intentions of adopting/being adopted but from what I've seen and heard, the people there are usually just looking for a one-day-RP.  And that's what they get.  They never last, I mean.  I've never known anyone who's been adopted and had their 'family' last for a long time.  
Regarding what you said about not being adopted, not everyone wants an interesting RP/relationship with their cubs/pups.  The people who go and adopt cubs/pups are usually just looking for an entirely black pup with zero creativity put into their markings or backstory whatsoever.  I bet everyone reading this has seen the "parents died when I was a baby, I am a survivor and I need new parents" backstory.  I don't think you should be discouraged about finding an in-game parent. (Parents?), keep searching!  I have nothing against genderless characters, but I do have a feeling that could have thrown people off from adopting your character 'Finni'.  Most people just want a boy or a girl, as sad as that is.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 02:07:51 pm by -Queen- »

Offline Elaysa

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2015, 02:11:13 pm »
When I joined FH, I used Adoption Centers to join a roleplay. It was before I realized that I can find a good roleplay in Fluorite Plains.

Now I don't really mind Adoption Centers, but I personally don't use them. In my opinion, Adoption Centers are generally for people that are looking for a one-day roleplay, not for a long-termed one. When someone adopts your character, you probably won't see your parents again. Or conversely. If you'll adopt a pup/cub, you probably won't see him/her/it again.

If someone wants to play as a pup/cub in a long-termed roleplay, it's better to look for one in Fluorite Plains.

Offline Naasari

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • my tumblr lol
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2015, 08:38:43 pm »
I feel like Adoption Centers are a good place for new players to find someone to Role-play with, hopefully the person who adopts them actually will RP with them. It sucks that most people who have 'different' characters don't really get picked, and for some it's a big impact on their self-esteem, but don't feel bad about it! You can always find a RP that will accept your character even if it isn't at the Adoption Centers. I remember dabbling in Adoption Centers when I was new to FH! It was quite fun actually, although that "family" didn't last longer then either a few hours or a day. But I think it's a good place for new players to meet each other or to practice some role playing! 

Offline StarrieNova

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 52
  • Cuddle Fluff
    • StarrieNova
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2015, 02:21:50 am »
I do tend to enjoy seeing adoption centers because it's a place where two mates could go just to get pups instead of doing something nasty and inappropriate on the sidelines. So I tend to enjoy seeing them. Also as for those who tend to only adopt pups it does kind of bother me because I think any form of child/pup/cub should be equally loved and adopted.

Siggy by: MittenstheNoble