Author Topic: Character Voices?  (Read 6287 times)

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
Character Voices?
« on: May 28, 2016, 06:35:50 pm »
So.... what do you imagine yer characters' voices t' sound like? High? Low? Raspy? Good singer? Any specific person that they sound like?

Scuttle would have a low mezzo-suprano or contralto voice, with a slight nasal/raspiness t' it. Bullroarer would be like Kevin Michael Richardson, but with more of a medieval way of speakin' and articulation. Tont sounds like Keith David probably, and Yaz's would be akin to Alyn Tudyk. Minos is just a high pitched nasal voice with a really strong accent.

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya

Offline Kynvuu

• #Grimstagram
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 212
  • I'm not saying that it was aliens but...
    • View Profile
Re: Character Voices?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2016, 06:38:47 pm »
Oooh what an interesting topic c:
I never gave any thought to what Kyn's voice would be like, but now that I think of it, probably really full of energy and playful. She'd probably have some old tribal accent too since she comes from a tropical tribe.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 06:42:41 pm by Kynvuu »
On a temporary leave. Please contact other members of staff if you need assistance.

Offline Hakumi

• ✩ Just A Virtuous Smol ✩
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 130
  • A Smol & Helpful Floof ~
    • leanim3fr3akzoid
    • LeAnim3Fr3akzoid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2016, 06:40:49 pm »
I imagined Pandeer having a mixture of a soft, male to feminine like voice, but you couldn't really tell the difference.
Hakumi I would assume will be a lyrical, sing song like voice that isn't too deep.
N y is of course, static like and heard to make out with alternative volumes...
Ytterbium is like a deep, almost alluring tone of voice, almost similar to Haku's...
That's all I got for my character's right now. I try not maje them match up to a particular person's voice so I can build and start off from scratch. Lol.

Nice topic c;

Keep on traveling across this road called 'Life.'

Discord: Haku - Haku#74O7

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2016, 06:42:15 pm »
Oooh what an interesting topic c:
I never gave any thought to what Kyn's voice would be like, but now that I think of it, probably really full of energy and playful. She's probably have some old tribal accent to it since she comes from a tropical tribe.

Ooh, very interesin'! I don't think I've seen too many characters with tropical voices around.

I imagined Pandeer having a mixture of a soft, male to feminine like voice, but you couldn't really tell the difference.
Hakumi I would assume will be a lyrical, sing song like voice that isn't too deep.
N y is of course, static like and heard to make out with alternative volumes...
Ytterbium is like a deep, almost alluring tone of voice, almost similar to Haku's...
That's all I got for my character's right now. I try not maje them match up to a particular person's voice so I can build and start off from scratch. Lol.

Nice topic c;
Sounds like some interestin' voices as well! Especially the static one.

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya

Offline Reaper

• Exotic Butters
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 72
  • OOF
    • http://firesboss.deviantart.com/
    • ravenmccain1
    • witheredfoxy12
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2016, 06:46:59 pm »
I think my character Baine would probably have a british voice, almost like Idris Elba. Then my other character Segador would just have a country accent.

Offline CosmoFursi

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 97
  • . steal my starbucks and i'll steal your soul
    • SSFireWolf
    • channel/UC4pX64nRbfEuRcBaNlVxlJw
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2016, 06:47:32 pm »
Hmm, I imagine Fire's voice to be like my own, though a bit higher-pitched. Full of energy, like she's always forcing down her crazy, but also full of care for the world.

Faraji's, I imagine high-pitched and seemingly always having a hint of annoyance. Of course, she tries to make it deeper when she's being serious.

Laila's, I imagine like a matured, sophisticated almost-adult. I also imagine her with a British accent.

I could name all the Residents, but... There's nine of 'em in total.

That's a neat topic, by the way <3

Offline greenart6

• The Chicken God
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 143
  • Spooky glowy ghost dogs
    • WornSkateboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2016, 06:59:54 pm »
Interesting topic! I honestly don't think about my character's voices too often, but I guess now is as good a time as any to decide.

Negative would probably have a deep, more masculine voice.
Rydice has a higher-pitched voice and a slight British accent. His voice is very clear and sharp.
Lyjard has a very soft and quiet voice.
Turtle just still sounds like a teenager probably. It leans a bit towards the higher-pitched side, though its pretty just average and in the middle. Not too deep, not too high.
Rafej has a very loud and almost shaky-sounding voice. Her voice makes her sound a lot older than she is.

ArcticGalaxy

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2016, 09:10:39 pm »
I think Zuri would actually have quite a snobby sounding voice actually. Don't really know a particular voice actor though. xD

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2016, 12:14:13 am »
I don't really use 'voices' for my characters.
Sometimes I have an idea in my head, but other than that, I don't really do that sort of thing.

except for maybe one but that's only because he can only speak in song.

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline Aclediptus

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 48
  • Where are the Almond Doughnuts
    • aclediptus
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2016, 06:40:33 am »
Hmm, that's quite interesting. I wonder about my characters' voices, but I haven't thought on how to explain them. I don't know why I used the Tenor-Bass and Soprano-Contralto types, even if it's specifically used for the opera.

So I got a handful of characters, my main Telluris acts like a confused grumpy old man, he'd mutter sometimes. I guess he's a bass-baritone, his accent is somewhere between Frisian or the southern accents of the Netherlands, maybe Groningen.

Then I've got a confident but calm Jorhaal, has a mix of a Finnish and Danish accent, dramatic mezzo-soprano range. She's adventurous and agile, but she's mostly a mother figure.

Leknu would sound and talk like an optimistic Lewa (a Bionicle character) Yes, the chutespeak/treespeak is present, is a falsetto/countertenor, and he'd probably have a mix of French and German accents. He acts like he's in his mid-thirties, he be the quiet and curious type.

Another one by the name Ferro has a more arrogant and sarcastic attitude, mix of Chinese and Turkish accents, lyric contralto voice range, acts around the young twenties age.
Ant that's about it regarding my characters, they're not often inside RPs, most of my writing happens in my own little world.

Currently retired floof

Find me on discord: Aclediptus#7160