Author Topic: General chat, What's it for?  (Read 17465 times)

Offline -Toboe-

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • hii~
    • View Profile
Re: General chat, What's it for?
« Reply #40 on: June 08, 2011, 07:14:01 pm »
Oh and Death. You and your friends spamming about symmetry. Mmm gets old doesnt it? If you want a chat to spam, make a group people.

xObsidianx

« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2011, 04:51:18 am »
SPAM. FIGHTS. NO! D:< Can't take it anymore. I hate it. Hate it hate it. Spam: Normally RP spam, mate beggars, etc... Fights: SERIOUSLY. Just put the person on block and get on with your day!! Trolls: Just no.
PLEASE. THE FIGHTS ARE THE WORST. Every time there's a fight spam in General, I have to turn it off. Then the Mods get mad and then everybody flips out that there's a Mod
THEN everyone kisses up to the mod like "OMG MOD HI MOD MARRY ME!"
I have to turn General off every time...
Please stop. Please?

Offline DragonBirdey

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 28, 2011, 02:50:07 pm »
General is just general, now this is said.
Many people are just annoyed by the continus spam, that is just annoying.
Altrought general can be a good place to have a nice chat with the loving comunity and a perfect place to find a person with the same interest!
Altrought there could be ads chat where only ads would go, it would be way esier to find some nice role plays, mates, cubs and so on.

Offline Muindor

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 28, 2011, 05:47:01 pm »
I think that Draak said everything I would try to say (with my kind of broken English, so I'm happy about that fact. |'D) but I wanted to say that I hate it, when you are trying to advertise for your RP and a random group of General-RPers are Rping.. uhm, yeah: in General.
I have to ask: why??? Where is the point in doing a RP when you don't see the others characters (and General is made for talking to persons on the other edge of the map in my opinion...)?

General is for
  • asking questions if you're new to the game
  • advertising for your RP

and not for
  • RP
  • random chatting
  • goofing around

Everytime I see that I ask myself, why those people are not able to build a group or a party when they are to lazy to meet and chat in local. -.- Sorry, if this sounds rude, but it's my opinion and it's annoying when you are not able to write RP advertising into the general chat because there are four people random chatting and all you see in the chat box is green. -sighs-

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 29, 2011, 01:34:13 am »
I think that Draak said everything I would try to say (with my kind of broken English, so I'm happy about that fact. |'D) but I wanted to say that I hate it, when you are trying to advertise for your RP and a random group of General-RPers are Rping.. uhm, yeah: in General.
I have to ask: why??? Where is the point in doing a RP when you don't see the others characters (and General is made for talking to persons on the other edge of the map in my opinion...)?

General is for
  • asking questions if you're new to the game
  • advertising for your RP

and not for
  • RP
  • random chatting
  • goofing around

Everytime I see that I ask myself, why those people are not able to build a group or a party when they are to lazy to meet and chat in local. -.- Sorry, if this sounds rude, but it's my opinion and it's annoying when you are not able to write RP advertising into the general chat because there are four people random chatting and all you see in the chat box is green. -sighs-

Another one that clearly shows why general shouldn't be used for spazzy convos that pushes other more important questions/matters away.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline firewolf18

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 03, 2011, 07:46:45 pm »
help me! i dunno how you create a chara!

Offline GhostingHowl

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 31
  • As iron sharpens iron, a friend sharpens a friend.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 03, 2011, 10:52:11 pm »
Another one that clearly shows why general shouldn't be used for spazzy convos that pushes other more important questions/matters away.

More like, "Another reason we need a specific ADVERTISEMENT channel." Its called "General Chat" for a reason.

But whatever, unsurprisingly nothing has been done anyway. Old topic is old.

Offline Emerelda

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
    • My art on deviant art
« Reply #47 on: September 12, 2011, 10:01:48 pm »
Random chatting: yes i do it all the time it's fun.
Advertising roleplays :yes
Roleplaying: yes under certain conditions if it's a short pall around roleplay then yes if it's a detailed roleplay no.
Arguments: gah it causes so much stress to both the real person and the people around.
Trolling/ just being mean in general: no just NO.
Anything sexual or gory: don't get me wrong i LOVE GORE but i know a lot of people don't, and sexual NO NO NO keep that to yourself or to your bedroom, not for us. it's just ugh bleeeeh DO NOT SPEAK TO JUSTIN BEIBER

to see more of my art go to http://emerald-glaceon.deviantart.com/

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 12, 2011, 10:52:15 pm »

More like, "Another reason we need a specific ADVERTISEMENT channel." Its called "General Chat" for a reason.

But whatever, unsurprisingly nothing has been done anyway. Old topic is old.

Yeah, Certainly. Let people troll around freely in the chats. Works great.

It's not a reason why people need to find excuses for other chats because they can't be calm.

Making another chat or even chatroom for those that want to spazz around would be an awesome idea actually and I support it. Though the thing with general is that most people know it goes out to the whole map, it's extremely easy to use, and it is used for grabbing peoples attention. The points have been proven in the posts before and some are really good at ignoring them.

There's just one problem with getting another chat, and that's that kov has to make it, and he seems busy at the time to make this happen.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline GhostingHowl

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 31
  • As iron sharpens iron, a friend sharpens a friend.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 16, 2011, 12:28:49 am »
What? What?
Where did you get the impression that I think general should be used for "spazzing out"?

All I said was that its more than obvious that there needs to be a specific chat for advertising. Honestly you could just freaking change general's name TO  "Advertising chat" and that would solve all your problems. People wouldnt chat randomly in it and everyone would know where to look for RPs, mates, etc.

My problem is that General Chat's name doesn't make sense. If its only for advertising, why is it called General Chat??
I do support a community global chat channel as well, but General's current name is just confusing.

Also, still LOLing over the fact that there STILL aren't any set rules on the forum explaining what is and isn't allowed on general. Its been several months now.. come on.