Author Topic: Stolen Art (IMPORTANT)  (Read 32679 times)

Buri288

Re: Stolen Art (IMPORTANT)
« Reply #80 on: January 18, 2011, 12:26:55 am »
If it happens on this site, it is your responsibility as an Administrator to investigate it Ven, even if it doesn't have to do directly with the game, because in the off chance that an artist did decide to take a user to court over the matter (and I've seen it happen before where an artist sues someone over matters of art theft), you could be seen as liable because you didn't do anything about it.
If someone reports art theft and has proof of it, remove the stolen material.  It's as simple as that.

bloodwulf

« Reply #81 on: January 18, 2011, 02:21:09 am »
im not trying to be bad but i just want to point this out. I DO ABSOLUTLY HATE ART ROBBERS, but hey. there are MANY ways of bypassing an copyright. one way is editing it. think about it, FORD made the first car...copyrighted it...guess what? some japanese guy only changed the body style and ended up with the same basic thing. Same for tooth brushed, colgate just made a little "different" handle than crest and sold it with a DIFFERENT copyright. so yea, just my opinions. only way to stop it is to elliminate it completly, make a monopoly or just dont put it out until ur ready. trust me, had some stolen alrdy thats how i know...  ;)

Offline Shizuka

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
  • maybe it's a dream - maybe nothing else is real
    • View Profile
    • ~These Starry Nights v.2~ A Semi-Literate Warrior Cat RP
« Reply #82 on: January 18, 2011, 02:27:38 am »
Yes thats true too. Just changing someone else's art a little doesn't make it your new creation :D

~These Starry Nights v.2~ A Warrior Cat RP
open to all levels of roleplay
characters[/ur

Rak$ha

« Reply #83 on: January 18, 2011, 09:11:55 am »
Don't worry Buri, we'll make sure all stolen art is sorted. I ask members to pm the art mod (Xava I think) if you find any stolen art, and if they can't deal with it, they'll pm me.

Offline M0N0KR0MAE

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 26
  • ? Zeberius
    • View Profile
    • Mah dA
« Reply #84 on: January 18, 2011, 12:05:01 pm »
@Motoko

Li-Li meant that the site might be closed for copyright matters. Not that he wants it closed or something.
You should watch YOUR reactions, and re-read stuff before you comment.

Just sayin'

TealSkeletore

« Reply #85 on: January 18, 2011, 01:14:56 pm »
Theres now a thread in the 'rules' section explaining copyright, courtesy of Buri.

Rak$ha

« Reply #86 on: January 18, 2011, 01:21:16 pm »
Okay this can be locked then.