Author Topic: Presets on the Server?  (Read 72168 times)

Offline Tigg

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Your right hand on 3D-Meshes
    • t-i-g-g
    • channel/UCKuFJTwBJf94Tq07oVBNMrA
    • TiggDarkfury
    • View Profile
    • Isla Thanatos Gameserver
Re: Presets on the Server?
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2011, 02:49:16 pm »
And besides, i really love some of the already shown Presets on that Forum. I really would want to see them run arround on my Screen too. I would so totally STARE at them. But well.. we just cant provide such a amount of Files.

Offline Aroxy

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2011, 02:55:03 pm »
I thought the deal was that we were allowed up to four but that they were free.. i'm rather confused, although i don't mind if they are free or not; i never used a preset in IT, and i don't really don't need one here.

I mean people, come on.. you DON'T need a preset to be creative, and Kov and Raz are already doing us a huge favor by even making a new game for us to play! Raz is paying for the server all by himself, and that's out of the kindness of his heart. They've never once asked for donations or anything like that, and 3 or 4 dollars seriously is not that much money. You can find that just by scrounging up some change you have laying around your house!

PRIVELAGES. Presets are one. If you can't afford them, well that's too darn bad! It IS fair.. The creators of the game wants a couple bucks for your presets, and i don't see anything wrong with that. In any other legit mmo game, there are things you have the OPTION of paying for. Pets, mounts, cool stuff, etc. Nobody ever complains about those.. so why do you have to be a pain about the few dollars that they're asking?

Nobody is ever happy with what they have :/

Offline Tigg

• Immortal Legend
    • t-i-g-g
    • TiggDarkfury
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2011, 02:58:49 pm »
Holy.. i needet to edit my Post, we already have 4500+ Users, x,x

And yes, you have 10 Presetfolders to fill, but they are secondary for your own personal use. At the Beginning, Kov even didnt wanted to make Presets possible. I am happy to have that Option anways. I will only send my Friends the Files, because they are the only ones i play with, lol.

Misako

« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2011, 03:22:48 pm »
Aah that makes a lot of sense, answers a lot of questions too! Hmm, personally I don't think I would mind paying for my preset if it supports the game/gamemaker too. After all, they did put a lot of work in it for us, and what's a little money? And if that would also make my work show up, awesome!
But if it becomes friends only, alright then, live with that too. But yup, I wouldn't mind paying a bit either.

Juvi

« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2011, 03:52:24 pm »
I have a question about amount of presets you can have yourslf at once(max 10 as Tigg said).
If you make these 10 presets(not if that would happen but some might do that, who knows, and use them all), this possibility should work well:
You make a next preset, name it preset_1, and if you alredy ahve a preset_1, you copy that one to somewhere else, and use it when you need to play that charrie ingame, and when you need the other one you switch. That does work, and if used on the same way as the other preset(lets say: using eyeL and eye right but only one body side as main for both) is coded, the friends that have the preset shoudln't have much trouble with it, just switch the textures and there we go.
But may I ask, why is there a preset limit set to 10(Im sure not many will pass that limit but still)? Does it afect the servers somehow then I understand why, but I want to know anyway. I am curious of it as some might find switching all the time quite painful.

Silana/Misha

« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2011, 03:56:20 pm »
When it comes to presets, I'm just going to send them out to friends. I really don't see the need or desire to put them on the server, I mean, as long as my friends can see them, I'm totally alright with that :3 I'm just so happy that Kov made the option of making presets ourselves, for I've been wanting to do that ever since IT. I'd be sad though if they took that option away, I really hope they don't.

As for paying to have them in game, I understand the idea, and I find it fair. When IT was still up and running, Kov and the other admins probably didn't realize how popular personalized presets were, and now, everyone is making them. And if they're only asking $3-$4 per preset to put on the server, is that really so bad? =/ I mean, 1) The money will go towards extra bandwidth, so the server doesn't crash and 2) it'll help Raz pay for it, without it (mostly) coming out of his own pocket.

But I still think everyone should still have the option of whether they want their creations on the server or not. Whether they let everyone see, or just their friends, that's completely up to them.

(Sorry for the mini-rant ^^; I probably went a bit off-topic anyways x'3)

Tiacat

« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2011, 04:01:35 pm »

cheetac19

« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2011, 05:02:34 pm »
So...will they cost money for each preset? Or is it a one time thing? Also, if someone doesn't pay for the preset thing, does that mean they won't be able to see ANY presets? Cuz wouldn't that be odd to be unable to see a player when they can see you o.0 Sorry if these are stupid questions .-. Just wondering XD

Orion

« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2011, 05:09:24 pm »
But.....Id want people to see my preset :C whats the point if no one can see it?

Offline Tigg

• Immortal Legend
    • t-i-g-g
    • TiggDarkfury
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2011, 05:20:17 pm »
But.....Id want people to see my preset :C whats the point if no one can see it?

Presets are not ingame to show them off, they are in first place for you own fun and artistic creations. To share them with friends is also just an Option, a Privilege. They are not ment to be basicly visible to everyone, due to the first edited Post in that Thread, you can read why.

@ Juvi
Kov decidet to only provide 10 Presets, since he didnt wanted to give the Game with lots of empty Folders. I have mentioned to him 30, but he didnt wanted that.

@ Moonshade
Only if you want your own Preset to be on the Server, that costs. You dont have to pay to see other ones Presets.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 05:23:38 pm by Tigg »