Author Topic: Tagging?  (Read 3510 times)

Offline Enoki

• Herba Chronographus
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
  • Who lives in a portabella under a tree?
    • FantasyFungus
    • EnokiTheDryphon
    • Enoki_G
    • View Profile
    • The Realms of Yugure
Tagging?
« on: October 27, 2015, 05:44:38 pm »
After working in the help threads f'er a lil' while, I 'ave been thinking how useful a tagging tool would be. F'er example, if I was helping a floof with commuter problems and they mention in a later reply that they are using a Mac, 'twould be most helpful to be able to tag a member who is great with Mac situations. 'Twould grab this said user's attention and they may be able to help out.

On another note, being able to tag y'er friends in comments and/or threads that they may be interested in would also be handy. Now, I'm not even sure if this be possible, being an old site n'all. But 'tis just a thought.

Tmw you planned a ten minute nap but instead took a whole year.
☙Icon by dA JRProducts; Sig by PocketMutt❧

Preach

Re: Tagging?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2015, 07:17:22 pm »
Basically, a tagging systems? Like, @registered or @admin? I see where you're going with this now. I like it. I hope the staff consider it.

Offline greenart6

• The Chicken God
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 143
  • Spooky glowy ghost dogs
    • WornSkateboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2015, 08:27:26 pm »
I approve this idea c: The only major flaw I see is who would be tagged and notified. Like when sending someone a PM on this website, it might not go to the same person if they have the same username as someone else. I'm not sure how exactly that could be fixed, but otherwise I love this idea. I hope the staff will at least consider the idea, I think it could be pretty helpful.

Offline Enoki

• Herba Chronographus
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
  • Who lives in a portabella under a tree?
    • FantasyFungus
    • EnokiTheDryphon
    • Enoki_G
    • View Profile
    • The Realms of Yugure
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2015, 08:39:36 pm »
Ah, good point. Well, hmm... perhaps ye 'ave to 'ave them on y'er buddy list in order to tag them? So floofs with the same user don't get in the mix.

Tmw you planned a ten minute nap but instead took a whole year.
☙Icon by dA JRProducts; Sig by PocketMutt❧

Offline shayy

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 73
  • World Class Shawty
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2015, 01:04:23 am »
I was actually thinking about this while I was doing my thing on Facebook. It would made it so much easier than PMing someone or just hoping they see it. It would definitely be a great add-on to the fourm and super useful//helpful.
pm for free art i need practice

Offline Yognaught

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 11
  • ??
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2015, 10:22:03 am »
i'd love to see this happen! it'd be so much easier, and there could be a possible notification box somewhere like 'you got tagged!' obviously not that casual but it's still a thought.

Find me in-game as: mushyroom

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2017, 11:44:18 pm »
Hmmm. I was searching the boards to find a topic related to tagging before posting a thread myself, and couldn't quite find one, so I did so. I apologize for the tiny mistake in not seeing this. Though, carrying on from this thread instead, I really do think this would be a quality feature to have on these Forums. They would be handy to people in many ways, so long as they know of ways to use them.

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone