Author Topic: What's The Most Unique Roleplay You've Encountered?  (Read 2483 times)

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 230
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
What's The Most Unique Roleplay You've Encountered?
« on: March 30, 2014, 03:23:28 pm »
Whoa, nelly. I'm posting a thing. Hey gaiz. <3

The topic says it all, though. What's the most unique roleplay you've encountered?
The topic itself is broad, and feel free to take it in a variety of ways. It could be an interesting plotline in a group RP, a certain style of RP that stood out to you, or even just a fun experience you had in a one-on-one RP.
What about it was memorable to you?

In one case of mine, it was actually a roleplay that I didn't even join that stood out in my memory. Yet, it had a very unique quality to it--that is, it was a "hyper-realistic" wolf pack. Characters had names if you so chose, but otherwise the pack was run like a normal wolf pack, they had no human dialog whatsoever. All of their communication was done through describing your character's body language and normal wolf vocalizations.
I'd been sitting at the Stone Bridge when I saw this some months ago, and I remember thinking about what an interesting challenge that would be as a roleplayer and writer.

How to convey these emotions and complex interactions between characters, without using any anthropomorphized speech that we normally give to even the most realistic characters? I think it's a fascinating challenge, and I wish that this RP had taken off. However, the RP itself didn't gain many members, and I myself didn't have the time to join it while I was there.

I've seen several different unique RPs, and this is only one of them. However, the idea kept rolling around in my head, so I really wanted to share it. xD

What're some unique RPs you've seen?
|| ~Avatar by Kikiorylandia, Sig commissioned by Wolf_Memories~ ||
|| Thank you. <3 ||

Offline mcgee2001

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
  • Khalessi Of The Dothraki~
    • View Profile
    • Mcgee's Place
Re: What's The Most Unique Roleplay You've Encountered?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2014, 03:27:46 pm »
I used to be in this RP ages ago called '(Something) Novum' I forgot the first word. xD It was really interesting because they had one pack underground and the other pack was above ground. The one which was above ground had trapped the underground pack. Also the underground pack used to keep escaping, which made it even more interesting. They also had a really unique plot, which I loved. But sadly the Role-play was deleted. D:

Signature by: Marija, thank you!! <3
Avatar by: Sameth, thank you!! <3
Find me in-game as: Mcgee

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 230
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2014, 03:29:39 pm »
I used to be in this RP ages ago called '(Something) Novum' I forgot the first word. xD It was really interesting because they had one pack underground and the other pack was above ground. The one which was above ground had trapped the underground pack. Also the underground pack used to keep escaping, which made it even more interesting. They also had a really unique plot, which I loved. But sadly the Role-play was deleted. D:
Underground versus above ground? That's so cool, and I've never heard of anything like that before. xD That is disappointing that it got deleted, but I would've loved to see the map you guys roleplayed in.
|| ~Avatar by Kikiorylandia, Sig commissioned by Wolf_Memories~ ||
|| Thank you. <3 ||

Offline mcgee2001

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
    • Mcgee's Place
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2014, 04:17:37 pm »
Underground versus above ground? That's so cool, and I've never heard of anything like that before. xD That is disappointing that it got deleted, but I would've loved to see the map you guys roleplayed in.
Yeah, the map was so detailed and amazing, probably one of the best I've ever seen! :D

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2014, 08:11:06 pm »
I used to own a feline roleplay before. Each character had to chose an element and a unique gift/power, along with one amulet which represented both their power and element. It was pretty fascinating. We could either look realistic or not, which was the fun part because you could design your character as long as it met some requirements. It was absolutely awesome~

Oooo now I have the motivation to re-make it.. omg white, y u do dis!? XD

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone

Offline mcgee2001

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
    • Mcgee's Place
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2014, 08:22:22 pm »
I used to own a feline roleplay before. Each character had to chose an element and a unique gift/power, along with one amulet which represented both their power and element. It was pretty fascinating. We could either look realistic or not, which was the fun part because you could design your character as long as it met some requirements. It was absolutely awesome~

Oooo now I have the motivation to re-make it.. omg white, y u do dis!? XD
Sounds like a nice Role-play. cx I like Rps where you can chose what your character looks like.

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2014, 08:30:40 pm »
What yer thinkin' is a role-play called Aemuli Novum. I used to be one of its members and was also a member in the role-play before it, which was called Aequalis. It was a time way back when The Puppeteer was still alive. Although, I cannot lie, I loved the plot and the creativity of both role-plays. The plot line was based off of discrimination. One pack, the overlords, the Abenaki, enslaved the Yakamas and forced them into dungeons, usin' em' for their own gain like dogs. They feared the Yakamas, whos white eyes were rumored to reap souls out of any who gazed into them. Due to this, they were punished for crimes they had not even committed. To put it simply.
T'is a shame both role-plays died out. However, while I know the reasons as to why, I shall remained hushed about it and leave it at this.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 08:32:21 pm by Vespian »
gone

Offline Lukas245

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • You Shall Not Touch My Cake
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2014, 11:00:34 pm »
Most intresting rp Ive ever encountered....................................

Dinosaur rp.

Childhoods comin' back.

Nuff' said.
I used to be WolfInCourt on the forums, but just call me Kuesuto now or Kue.
FH Username:Lukas245
IW Username:WolfinHeulen
WolfSoul Username: Kuesuto
           See you soon~
[img/]http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/077/e/d/dubstep_art_by_bronyswag-d5yfnkr.png[/img]

Offline BlackLuna06

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2014, 06:59:16 am »
Unique? Those RPs where the leader has made up a WHOLE NEW species, and put heaps of detail into their strengths, weaknesses, likes, dislikes etc. When done properly, these RPs can be amazing - even if there are some minor character requirements. Invented species are usually a lot of work, and it's just fantastic watching someone bring their imagination to life.

As for interesting... the fighting-bases RPs are my favourite. Ones where people will not PP or Autohit you, where there is a system. I love the concept, and when it's pulled off it's just amazing. Not particularly unique, perhaps, but these are always good for a small audience of people.

Finally, I have a soft spot for those RPs that have managed to last for many years. I'm not going to name any, but when they pull through the dramas that FH and life occasionally bring, and survive to make really great friendships, I think that's wonderful.

c:

Offline flomfloat83

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2014, 02:12:35 pm »
I've seen a wolf roleplay where everyone had a certain character that they picked out of the sight, following the character's plot, personality and appearance. Every character had something to do with their plot and it looked very interesting. ^^  I would've joined, but I was stuck in the middle of roleplaying.

dora the explorer, nuff said

Find me in-game as: mushyroom, flomfloat83 or baconpancakes11