Author Topic: Spoilers?  (Read 1483 times)

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
Spoilers?
« on: August 21, 2018, 04:04:22 am »
We all accidentally read something we shouldn't or overhear someone gushing about the latest happenings in some version of media consumption, one way or the other. Whether it be the details of the latest book in your favorite series or the outcome of a cliffhanger to a television show, there are ways in which we simply cannot predict the manifestation of a spoiler finding its way to our eyes and ears. So, do you believe spoilers can be completely avoided? Are there any methods which you have found to be effective in limiting spoilers? Would a spoiler prevent you from enjoying the media (movie, tv show, book, etc) of which you consume or would it have little effect on you?

P.S. In the case where someone should like to relate an experience with a spoiler, please refrain from describing the spoiler itself. c;

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
Re: Spoilers?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2018, 05:25:40 am »
just convert to the life of the amish

the only thing you can spoil in that world is who killed jesus.

but for real, you can, you just need to be very careful where you go. i was able to avoid all TLJ spoilers[till someone sent it to me directly - now that can't be stopped apart from not reading. which i did] because i'm an eye-jump-skim reader. the instant i see a word that i know i don't wanna know the context of, i stop reading and scroll on.

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

LonesomeRider

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2018, 06:59:33 pm »
I believe it's avoidable to an extent. I've had the issue of spoilers (legitimately spoiling a whole show or season of a show) that cause me to refuse to watch certain things aha. It does get stressful and leads into not enjoying said thing, definitely.

Offline Ame88

• ❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄ Winter is a .' - ` , ' - . ` timeless ' , ` - '. ` , - ' . season. - ', - ` , ' - . ` , Everything ' , ` - . ' , ` . freezes. `_,_'_-_._`_,_-
  • Admin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 216
  • Yeah I believe in Bigfoot. Nessi and Kovu too!
    • Ame88thewolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2018, 07:27:31 pm »
Ahh yes, the inevitable spoiler! Personally, when it comes to something I really enjoy, I try my very hardest to avoid people who are talking about it, or even a topic regarding it. Because even if the topic is about something completely different, someone could still mention it. If I hear a spoiler that I really don't want to hear, it can ruin the whole thing for me! Like this one time when I was watching a show, I overheard some acquaintances talking about it, and the spoiler got out. I had no motivation to watch it after that because I knew what happened. It was very upsetting because I was really looking forward to seeing the rest of the show, and having it spoiled like that turned me off. Though I did go back and see the rest after some time, but it wasn't the same. That's why I always try to avoid spoiling people! It's really not fair to be spoiled if you don't want to be.

Honestly, I think spoilers are very avoidable if you're willing to be very anal about it. Don't go to places online if you can that talk about said thing coming up, and if your friends or family are talking about said thing, politely ask them to avoid any spoilers. Or if all else fails, you can lock yourself in your room until further notice! But seriously, they may not be entirely avoidable, but you can really narrow it down by limiting where you go online, and of course what topics you bring up to your friends and family. You can always ask them to refrain from talking about it until after you've seen it!

Profile picture by Telluric
Thank you ;u;
Bio | My Creations
Renegade Row | FeralHeart Resort

Flurr

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2018, 07:37:38 pm »
Yes, spoilers have happened to me before! It can happen anywhere and anytime! I would think spoilers could be avoided, sometimes if you don't pay attention to wherever the spoiler is and do other things, including real life and on a device. It would probably have a effect on me, but not a very huge one since I could be doing other things to get my mind off it ^^

Offline FlyingGrass

• ~🛠 The avant-garde doctor of mechanical beings. 🔧 🔬
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
    • FlyingGrass
    • channel/UCA7RfqQ1KLl4s8JhxIXNs_Q
    • View Profile
    • Mechanicafeles Discord link
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2018, 09:07:57 am »
I search the web for spoilers when I find a new book or TV series, and if I find a spoiler of something interesting enough then I go read/watch that book/series. If I read/hear about what happened, then I want to see how exactly it was done in the book/series.

When someone spoils something in an ingame chat, I get a little overcome with worry for the others who's eyes the spoiler may have drifted into. To avoid spoiling something, I usually think long and hard before I post something in chat that has material that I know is from something, I try to come to grips with my excitement, so I'm not like "Woah, -character name here- just rode a skateboard! How unusual for that character to do!" after I witness one of my favorite characters riding a skateboard; I find excitement can cloud my forethought quite a bit, but I don't know if it is the case in other incidents where a spoiler is leaked.

My presets.

Good things take time, so I'll take an eternity and create something so good that the human brain can't handle the sheer goodness of it.