Author Topic: uploading maps to mediafire + needing more animals (like mice, birds ETC)  (Read 5366 times)

Offline eeveeh

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: -3
    • View Profile
i wanna get some people my map (meaning needing more WC clans for it) and i need some animals but i dont know how to put it on mediafire and get animals in my maps (also i tried with IT for mice and stuff) but it did not work the items looked plain white and non detailed. any help on how to do both?

Offline Mistyslove

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • *.:Lost among the Stars:.*
    • http://lunarlilac.deviantart.com
    • View Profile
Okay for the map if you don't have a account on mediafire then you can upload it, but if you do have a account then you would log onto it. Then you would hit the Upload button after your in the My Files tab. After that you would find your map and click it and at the bottom after it shows your map in the upload screen then there is a button near the bottom that also says Begin Upload (it's on the thing your map is in the screen that pops up) you would click that and then let it load... After that run your mouse over the map and you should see two people over in the corner if you click it then you will get the link for the map, take that link and put it in the bio of the group (if it is your group of course. If not you can tell the leader or put it in your bio for now). Then you can tell your group members to get the map link from wherever you put it or just tell them the link to it so they can quickly get it. And for the other thing with the mouse you might have put the Files for it into the wrong folder and it Depends who you got it from like for the bunny/hare/rabbit i got it from JayFeather55. I use the zip file and then used WinRaR to open it. The Mouse material file goes in Media>Materials. The mouse mesh and skeleton both go in Media>My Objects. Then the image i put in both the Media>Textures and Media>Objects just to make sure it would work. You can try JayFeather55's mouse if you didn't use hers. :) Hope i helped you out somewhat ^_^ (sorry for how long this is)

Offline .::Silver::.

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • I think I watched too much SD...
    • View Profile
To upload a map and animals
First of all you need to make sure you have a mediafire account and post a 'zip.' file to download with all your files. To get animals you can always use the search toolbar in the forums to search for animals to download, then once you find it, download the file and move ALL of the animal files to the FH Media>My Objects then post the animal files there and they should be inside your object folder in the Map Maker Tool in Feral Heart. Place the animals where you want then save your map. After that you need to make a folder. Put ALL the files you used in the map into the folder. Then upload your folder to mediafire as a 'zip.' file. Then you can post the link to the download anywhere for people to download and play it! But make sure you include a Notepad text file with instructions on how to put the files into the exports folder like this.
(Example)
1. Open the 'zip.' file.
2. Open the Feral Heart exports in the Feral Heart folder located on your Local Disk (C:)
3. Drag ALL files (THAT ARE '.fho' '.fhm' and '.fhs' files to the 'exports file.)
4. Do not do this while the game is running.
5. After you have exported all files into the exports folder, play and have fun!

I hope this helps!

Offline bramblewing

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • ? ?????? ?????? ?????!
    • View Profile
Re: uploading maps to mediafire + needing more animals (like mice, birds ETC)
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2012, 01:20:52 am »
when i download a map, i just copy all files into exports, media, items, blah blah blah, and the map works.
for my mediafire, i create a desktop link, and drag all inks into the mediafire page. Done!

Offline PyroFallon017

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • "I may dance on fire, but I am walking on air."
    • DarkenedWolfSoul
    • View Profile
I want to upload a map for my friends but I dont underdstand any of this. Zip file? Mediafire doesnt work for me. I tested the map in game and i exported it but idk what to do from there. any help?
"Not all angels are holy, and not all demons are evil. Maybe we're a little of both, but you're too quick to judge."