Author Topic: Map Making Issues :I  (Read 1153 times)

Offline Stuey

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 18
  • :^)
    • View Profile
Map Making Issues :I
« on: March 04, 2012, 10:23:48 pm »
Im sure im not the only one out there afraid of viruses. We all have gotten one of those nasty ones that totally freak you out. As statedby my trusty username, i am a map maker. Heres my problem though: Im scared of computers. Ever since a virus almost crashed the home comp in late January, i havent used it since.
Considering ive already come to the conclusion the FH forums have viruses, and i use mediafire often ( Possibly thats what givesme them?, i can no longer post my maps up for download without flipping out over the smallest window poping up asking me somethi. I have a nook tablet, whi is what im typing this from. Does anyone have any alternitive ways of posting my maps online? Emailing it to others is a last resort if no one can think of anything. If anyone knows if i can get .zip files on nooks...? -various questions-
Sorry if this is in the wrong section.

Ignore any typos. My touch screen is flipping out today :I

Lastblackblood

Re: Map Making Issues :I
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2012, 10:28:16 pm »
you could always email it to someone you know or a admin or mod who can possibly post it for you.

Offline Stuey

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2012, 12:35:35 am »
Yeah...as stated above that was a last resort. Maybe im better off :3

CloudFish

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2012, 03:11:16 pm »
As it goes, the forums probably will not give you a virus. Not unless you're clicking on the ads scattered throughout. However, constantly downloading files from Mediafire WILL give you viruses, as long as you're not careful about what you're downloading and the source of finding the link.

However, uploading files to Mediafire will NOT give you a virus, in most cases, as it is coming from your computer to the Mediafire server. And as long as your computer is virus-free, those who download your map will also remain virus-free.

Forums: Safe was we know it. Since there hasn't been a vast virus outbreak, zombie style.
Mediafire: Safe for uploads, careful on downloads.

Offline Stuey

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2012, 04:45:00 pm »
Thank you CloudFish. I think now that you reassured me I'll try getting back on FH for the first time in months tonight. I believe you deserve a nuzzle :3