Author Topic: Feral Heart.exe map crash /new problem*No solution Close*  (Read 4154 times)

Offline zakari101

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: -9
  • the strangest thing........
    • View Profile
Feral Heart.exe map crash /new problem*No solution Close*
« on: June 12, 2012, 03:16:31 pm »
NEW problem: -6/12/12-
I reinstalled FH and I put all the files I had into the folders I have now. I fixed the problem with the map and discovered the reason it was crashing was because if I tried to open and enter the map using OpenGL it would crash so it forces me back to the other system and takes away reflection.

and when I mean textures...I mean the ground is all one color and bears and deer are pure white because OpenGL has the textures...but the map won't let you have them. Only the original stuff has Textures to them.

is there anyway to fix this at all?
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 12:24:25 pm by zakari »
The thought of being lost, The thought of being broken, The thought of being let down.It lingers in everyones mind, In everyones soul, In everyones heart.The thought of turning into a monster is a little to  late for some of us. Since some of us are already too far gone.

CloudFish

Re: Feral Heart.exe map crash
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2012, 03:28:07 pm »
Am not completely following, but from what I've gathered, you are needing to copy and replace in all cases regarding map updates, or additions. Otherwise they can crash on you. It sounds like files are being doubled up somewhere. Check your exports/particles/my_objects for any double files. These will have numbers tacked onto the end of them.

Then again, it could also be a problem with the map itself. Have others had problem with the certain same map? It could be stuck on server.

Offline zakari101

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2012, 03:30:52 pm »
Am not completely following, but from what I've gathered, you are needing to copy and replace in all cases regarding map updates, or additions. Otherwise they can crash on you. It sounds like files are being doubled up somewhere. Check your exports/particles/my_objects for any double files. These will have numbers tacked onto the end of them.

Then again, it could also be a problem with the map itself. Have others had problem with the certain same map? It could be stuck on server.

I contacted my Alpha who created the map and someone in my pack that has also had the map. I will go see the if there are doubles.

and I've been copying and keeping both files, I normal DON'T copy and replace, so I don't know if that is also a problem to the map not working
The thought of being lost, The thought of being broken, The thought of being let down.It lingers in everyones mind, In everyones soul, In everyones heart.The thought of turning into a monster is a little to  late for some of us. Since some of us are already too far gone.

CloudFish

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2012, 03:32:55 pm »
Do not keep both files, if are doubles. Or are the same map, you know? Like if it was forbiddenlands.fhm and forbiddenlands.fhm(1). <- Wouldn't want that.

If are named different things, then should work fine.

Offline zakari101

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2012, 03:36:10 pm »
oh. I ment doubles as in. Unicorn.fho and Unicorn.fho(1) but both unicron.fho's are from diffrent map zips you know?

sorry thats what I ment by doubles and copy to replace.
I checked the exports, particles and my_objects no doubles (like i said I copied and replaced)
one of my pack members suggested I put it into exports and into terrains. They said it worked for her. is it worth a try?

Offline BigSkippy

• Warden Of FH
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 72
  • Winter Is Coming
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2012, 04:06:45 pm »
As cloud said is it crashing just for you or for others in the pack? if it is for the whole pack its the same problem that has been happening to others with their maps crashing for a few days then working again. If not then I suggest you completely re-install FH and go back get the map you want and place it in exports and where ever it tells you to put any other files that may be in there. This has been the quickest solution for me on many occasions so it may work for you as well.
Never Forget What You Are, The Rest Of The World Will Not. Wear It Like Armor And It Can Never Be Used To Hurt You.

feralheartdog

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2012, 04:07:16 pm »
What Shanith would do:
1)Check if I didn't download it twice, or if I already have the map
2)Rename files that are different but have the same name
3)Test and Test
4)I always Copy and Relace
5)Making sure all OBJECT files are in the Object folder and so on, it has affected me when i had not placed the right files in the right folder.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 04:18:00 pm by Shanith »

Offline BigSkippy

• Warden Of FH
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 72
  • Winter Is Coming
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2012, 04:11:19 pm »
Aye, I have the same issue at points. Shanith here might know the solution or may not.

I found out that the over use of mapmaker and too many objects in the map can just wear MapMaker thin, and tired. It just can't process allthe lag and all. I may or may not be right.

What Shanith does:

1)Always makes sure the terrain map is 513x513
2)Makes sure if using a Terrain Mask, it is the correct size and colors are correct
3)I save the Terrain map and Mask on a flash drive
4)I save all map files on a Flash Drive
5) I check for doubles, as Cloudfish had said that Doubles affect MapMaker, they do! Triple check for any duplicates, if there are any, delete them.
6)Open any custom objects/Meshes in map maker if downloaded from FH. If object maker crashes that certain mesh used every time in Map Maker can cause the Map maker too crash also. (Experience)

That's all Shanith has for now :D

Shanith they are having problems with a map they have downloaded. Not one they have made If I have read this correctly.
Never Forget What You Are, The Rest Of The World Will Not. Wear It Like Armor And It Can Never Be Used To Hurt You.

Offline zakari101

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
Re: Feral Heart.exe map crash **Fixed** new problem
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2012, 04:20:45 pm »
thanks guys for helping ^_^ but now I have a new problem...I wrote it above

feralheartdog

Re: Feral Heart.exe map crash **Fixed** new problem
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2012, 04:23:31 pm »
Custom Textures used or default textures? If Custom did they add the Png images? If theydid move the PNG images to FH->Media->terrain->textures.

I don;t know how to expain your other issue