Author Topic: REAL hunting is fun!!! rp hunting, not as much... so, when will there be REAL?  (Read 18451 times)

Offline Masochist

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: -2
    • View Profile
so in the title it says real hunting is fun? whats fun about taking an inocent animals life away? its cruel!  :'(

Offline morallydefunct

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • Brother.
    • View Profile
Kov has alot of plans for FH...Let's just be patient and hope for those dreams to come true -Rainbows come out of her hands-

>mfw i see internet arguments

Offline Bunnehz8D

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
so in the title it says real hunting is fun? whats fun about taking an inocent animals life away? its cruel!  :'(

@Jasper Animals hunt for the food, Humans hunt for the prize. Its not cruel when animals hunt....              

Anywho, this is a great idea and it would be alot more realistic instead of having to RP it all. the. time.

Offline OkariCheetah

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
I think it would be awsome for Feral Heart Having the hunting thing back. But i think that the prey should actualy run away from you than just wandering aimlessly like they dont know we are attacking them. :3

Offline Stuey

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 18
  • :^)
    • View Profile
I want to be able to chase something , NO FRIGGIN HEALTH BAR!!!! ripping out the vitals, or maybe letting it bleed to death, injurys i want it to be REAL, not corny. and some times the prey should eat and get fat and stuff. realistic. The whole ripping and dragging bits of it away sounds really good. and i also agree with vultures, hienas, and NPC scavengers showing up, maybe NPC food thieves that you can chase down and kill to get the food back. and maybe NPC pups for for you to care for. (NPC , non player charector, in about every game) and they prey can just show up in the current maps, but more would be nice, ive already been every where.how about a huge prey filled forest? trees, rivers, pools, and maybe on the first FH contenate (cant spell, its like antartica, or aisa or N or S america) with different enviroments and tempatures, like some places are cold and others are tropical. and the clouds are able to be walked on, and bird prey for winged people. and fish prey for those who rp as fish, and a tunnel system in a mountain .... and maybe humans (NPC of course) who hunt us for our luxurouse fur, and those who want to put us in zoos and we have to escape...*brain explode onto keybourd* and you can fight people , again with the vitals, not HP , for th food and best dens.

Though all of this sounds awesome, it really would be quite impossible for Kovu with all the work lately. Though i'd love to see a game as so in the future ( coughstraycoughcough), this sounds like  3 year project alone, if you had a semi small team, with programming. It sounds as if our simplest choice is the IT hunting system, which consisted of no graphics but the meshed prey flopping over on the ground, and also a health bar, in which wouldnt let you attack for a while if depleted completely. But hey, maybe a few years from now, this post will be reality.

Offline Mossglow

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
I really, really hope Kovu adds in real hunting! I'd love to be able to catch something -- and even better to bring it back!! That would be fantastic!!!!! Now I'm all excited  :D

Offline starkwolf

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
    • View Profile
so in the title it says real hunting is fun? whats fun about taking an inocent animals life away? its cruel!  :'(

I am confused. Why are you playing a game featuring predators particularly well known for their hunting, and often mentioned in lore as being violent creatures, if you oppose it? I mean this in the most respectful way possible, but I really cannot understand your fascination with wolves/lions if you want to completely ignore their hunting? To me it sounds like saying you like Arnold Schwarzenegger but you can't stand his tough guy attitude or Austrian accent. Not being critical, just confused.

Anyway, more on topic, I was amazed that this is being worked on. I never played IT so I came into this thinking that this was just a freeform for people to do whatever with and that nothing more was intended. Coming from a gaming and roleplaying background, I like where this is going =).
Been away for a while. When I come back, I have an ambitious RP in mind. PM me if interested.

Offline spiritwolf123

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • May the odds be forever in your favor
    • View Profile
Well if we have health bars like in IT when we are hunting maybe when we kill it, we eat it to get our health back up?

Offline Kashii

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 44
  • NO LONGER ACTIVE. READ LATEST POST.
    • View Profile
I really want hunting to come to Feral-Heart soon! I would love to hunt with the pack or pride, it would be epic! You would feel pretty free, too. Also you wouldn't be getting reported for RP-hunting or be blocked because you tried to hunt a deer (or other prey) character in RP..

I'm so excited though, because I think Razmirz or Redlinelies is working on some hunting tactic stuff! (Basically adding prey, maybe hunting actions etc...) That's what I've heard! I hope it's true. <3
I will no longer be active on this account. Please read my latest post.

Thank you for the derpy avii, Kikiveto. ;3

Offline Kashii

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 44
  • NO LONGER ACTIVE. READ LATEST POST.
    • View Profile
Over explodesssss~
« Reply #59 on: September 12, 2012, 03:08:02 pm »
Wow I messed up ;n; XD
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 03:12:07 pm by Kashii »
I will no longer be active on this account. Please read my latest post.

Thank you for the derpy avii, Kikiveto. ;3