Author Topic: THE HUNGER GAMES [Inactive since 19/04/2012]  (Read 14884 times)

xXEmo_CookieXx

THE HUNGER GAMES [Inactive since 19/04/2012]
« on: March 21, 2012, 05:15:03 am »
You live in a post-apocalyptic world in the country of Panem where the countries of North America once existed. The Capitol, a highly advanced metropolis, holds absolute power over the rest of the nation. The Hunger Games are an annual event in which one boy and one girl aged 12 to 18 from each of the 12 districts surrounding the Capitol are selected by lottery to compete in a televised battle in which only one person can survive... May The Odds Be Forever In Your Favor!

Welcome to The Hunger Games ladies and gentlemen! This is a fan-based roleplay on the Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins. I by no circumstances am going to allow any actual characters given from the book as that would seem to be plagiarism.
ANYWAY, Now that that is announced..
I truly welcome you to The Hunger Games! You were lucky enough to be chosen for the reaping as a tribute to your District. I enjoy seeing all your lovely little faces and am excited to see how you will do in this year's Hunger Games! Good luck tributes!

DISTRICTS:

District 1-Luxary
Male Tribute: Train Yaksuki--BlackCatTrain
Female Tribute: Alivia Greenfield-Night_Hawk

District 3-Technology
Male Tribute:
Female Tribute:

District 4-Fishing
Male tribute:
Female tribute:

District 5-Power
Male Tribute:Kai Talon-LunaSpirit
Female Tribute: Lithium Iodine-xXEmo_CookieXx

District 6-Transportation
Male tribute:
Female tribute:

District 7-Lumber
Male tribute:
Female tribute:

District 8-Textiles
Male tribute:
Female tribute:

District 9-Grain
Male tribute:
Female tribute:

District 10-Livestock
Male tribute:
Female tribute: Junko Ookami
--Clothes--

District 11-Agriculture
Male tribute:
Female tribute: Akiyama Kasumi

District 12-Mining
Male tribute:
Female tribute:

Rules:
1. We are literate. Please try your best to not be illiterate.
2. Be considerate of others. Even though this roleplay is violent you may not kill off another character without user's given permission.
3. NO GODMODDING.
4. No OOC fueds. IC fueds are /required/ but cannot be taken of of roleplay. First strike-warning Second strike-temporary ban from the group. Last strike-You are kicked perminately from the group and I will announce your character as dead.
5. Have fun.

Death Count!
Both tributes from District 2 have died at the Cornucopia and are out of the running.

APPLICATION:

You MUST fill out an application on this thread, not in PM. Thank you.

YOUR CHARACTER'S NAME

Name:
District:
Sex:
Personality:
Weapon/s/Special Skill/s :
Other:

NEWS FEED!
No current news...

Key=
Red-New
Orange-Recent
Yellow-Old

ARENA SETTING:
The arena is large and has a circular shape. You arrive at the Cornucopia along with the other tributes. On your left are mountains; They look peaceful, littered with some cherry-blossom trees. The cherries are poisonous, although, you don't know that. Behind you is a vast field with waist high grass. You're not sure what could be in the grass, and it looks like a nice place to hide, but your still uncertain about what lurks inside the field. Ahead of you is a desert--A mild change in scenery. You're not sure if it's an illusion, but there seems to be what looks like an oasis farther out in the desert. And finally, to your right is a barren field of close knit yet large rocks. Each one grows from it's place in the ground and builds up to form the mountains that are on your left, but aside from the mountains they look like they could offer shade. No plants in sight in that area, though.  The clock is ticking. A loud voice booms in the arena."Ten." It starts slowly. "Nine. Eight. Seven..." You count down the rest in your head until a loud buzzer sounds. Time is up. So, young tribute, which area will you claim as yours? Will you run directly at the Cornucopia, or flee and wait until the best weapons are with the Careers? Are you alone, a Career, or will you form a pack of your own? That is for you to decide..
« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 11:13:06 am by Scallywag »

xXEmo_CookieXx

Re: THE HUNGER GAMES ((Literate-Accepting Applications))
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2012, 05:30:43 am »
LITHIUM IODINE

Name: Lithium Iodine
District: 5
Sex: Female
Appearance:
A young woman with white waist length hair--bangs partially covering her right eye-- two strands descending from her bangs that reach her breasts, Crystal blue ((almost white)) irises, and District 5's common uniform.

Arena Appearance:

1st outing-A sparkling white tattered dress, the bottom tinted with a light blue, as well as having a slit up to her thigh. Her hair is straight and long, leaving only two long strands that go down to her breasts ((assumably part of her bangs)) whilst the rest of the hair is pulled back into a ponytail. She wears blue eyeshadow and heavy eyeliner to define her eyes.

2nd outing ((Interview))- Another fabulously well designed dress which has a somewhat gothic appearance. She now has black streaks in her bangs, red eyeshadow, and defined red lips. To match her makeup she is wearing a ripped black dress with a corset like feel. Lacing goes up the back of her dress and appears to attach onto her spinal cord ((a trick by her stylist)). Her hair is down in this interview.

Arena- Lithium's hair is now up in a ponytail and she's more weary of not looking sexy-but being a fierce opponent in battle and conscious of her surrounding teammates. She wears a black spaghetti-strap t-shirt, black jeans, a studded belt ((useful for hiding weapons--equipped with mace)), and combat boots.

Tribute Memorabilia: A necklace with the District 5 symbol engraved in a small vile--holding carbon dioxide to make the vile change colors.

Personality: Lithium is usually hostile and solitary, and whilst intelligent she is usually rather quick to make decisions. She takes a while to become used to people and doesn't take betrayal lightly. Cross her and you'll end up dead.
Weapons/Special abilities : Katanas/Using the body's own natural resources as a weapon against her opponent.
Other:

BlackCatTrain

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2012, 01:17:22 am »

Name: Train Yaksuki
District: District 1-Luxray
Sex: Male
Appearance: A young boy with spikish Brown hair that covers his face a bit, it sorta looks like Train Heartnet's from "Black Cat" (Hey, just like me XD) He has a scratch on his left cheek. (That went away a LONG time ago XD)
Personality: He likes to be left alone, he is extremely hostile. His "normal" greeting is his gun to your chest, and a cold-hearted stare.
Weapon/s/Special Skill/s : He carries a pistol./He can run fast.
Other:

« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 06:15:27 pm by BlackCatTrain »

xXEmo_CookieXx

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2012, 10:39:04 pm »
@BlackCatTrain; Accepted! Welcome to the games!

Offline Eggy

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2012, 02:49:55 am »
Name: Alivia Greenfield
District: 1
Appearance:
Personality: Alivia is rather cold and known as stone hearted. Her mother and father died when she was young, and she has been silent ever since. Anyone who can get through to her is a true friend.
Special Skill: Alivia is a natural at handling knives and swords
Other: I saw this movie two hours ago and was walking out of the theater, laughing and crying at the same time lol

BlackCatTrain

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2012, 03:24:35 am »
When will we start? and BTW, I have a little "History" to add to Train
His parents were murded when he was 9, he has been trained by their murderer to kill ever since (I am SO evil >:D)

xXEmo_CookieXx

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2012, 05:32:02 am »
@Night_Hawk: Accepted. And as an added note; I haven't seen the movie xD so shush<33

Welcome to the Games, Alivia Greenfield!

@BlackCatTrain: I believe five members should be enough to get the roleplay going. Because, there's not a lot of interest in this group so far. Besides, we can always add random fillers for the districts that don't receive tributes.

bignarutofan19

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2012, 08:33:00 am »
I haven't read the book or watched the movie yet (I'm planning on seeing it though). I've only watched the trailers and read an article where they basically gave the gist of what The Hunger Games is about so I hope that's OK. ^^;

Name: Junko Ookami
District: 10
Appearance:
(She isn't wearing those clothes though. The next picture is what she is wearing.)

Token:
Personality: When anyone first meets Junko she comes off as standoffish, but it's only because she doesn't want to get close to anyone and vice versa. If someone is able to break through the wall she put up though they will see that she is a kind, caring, compassionate and sometimes mischievous person. The keyword is "if." The last time she let somebody get close to her they hurt her deeply and because of that she's even more standoffish toward males.
Weapon/s/Special Skill/s : She has a 12 inch wakizashi
(It's a Japanese sword and I suggest that you guys look it up to see what it looks like) that is inside of a holster which is attached to the back of her pants so anyone she runs into won't see it at first and if she can't use it she will use her fists instead. She's good at hand-to-hand combat since her father had been teaching her since she was little up until she was 13./From having to catch skittish animals on the farm she's very good at being stealthy and she can also run faster and for a longer period of time than most people.
Other: She despises the Capitol and the people living in it for how they treat the people living in the districts and for creating The Hunger Games. So, now that she has been chosen as a tribute she's determined to survive and beat it no matter what or who gets in her way.
(Though, those two aren't the main reason why she wants to beat The Hunger Games. If you want to find out what it is then your character needs to be close to her. >;P) But, that doesn't mean she won't feel horrible for killing the other tributes. If she could avoid killing anyone, she would.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 11:12:03 pm by Narujen »

BlackCatTrain

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2012, 01:22:24 pm »
(Woah, he looks WAY to old to be 10 XD, lets just keep it blank)

Offline xXKitsuneNinjaXx

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 24
  • I am the Annoying Homestuck.
    • View Profile
    • I WILL DO TUMBLR TOO
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2012, 04:03:47 pm »
Name: Akiyama Kasumi
District: 11-Agriculture

Appearance:

Usual clothes: Black vest with dark breeches and zori (the shoes found in Naruto)

Parade clothes: Theme: Sakura (cherry blossoms): Dark grey short dress (tube-top) dotted with black cherries and black gloves with branches that sprout out and sport cherry blossoms.  She also wears black leggings covered with black knee-high heels. She has a black and grey hat that shoots cherry blossoms around her. Her is curled slightly and down in locks.

Interview clothes: What's in the picture with black half-gloves and her hair just down

Arena clothes: Uh....the same as everyone else (everyone wears the same clothes in the arena). She has cut off most of her hair and tied it back into a ponytail, leaving some of it to shape her face.

If she wins, I'll tell you what she's wearing and so on and so forth.

Personality: On the outside, Kasumi seems like just a normal girl who's scared and afraid of the Hunger Games, when really, she's been training this whole time. She has a serious grudge against the Capitol for taking her parents, and she's been surviving on her own this whole time, secretly stealing crops and hunting for food. On the inside, there really is nothing but a deep hatred for the Capitol. She may seem nice, but I doubt you should trust her.

Weapon/s/Special Skill/s: Kasumi's good with mostly just a knife or her fists, but she can also use a bow and arrow. Like Rue, she can leap from tree to tree and is very agile. On the other hand, she isn't very big, and although her limbs are strong, she wouldn't do very well in a straight-on fight with someone bigger than her, even though she's pretty good at martial arts.

Other: Nothing that I know of

P.S. Me going to see the Hunger Games movie later today w/ my friends! So excited ^^
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 08:15:38 pm by Kitsune »