Poll

Do you think it should be finished and will try to convince the creators to do so?

Yes
13 (86.7%)
No
2 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Author Topic: A new wolf game?  (Read 8408 times)

Offline okami129

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 29
  • Don't ever floof me! I hate floof, it's not a word
    • View Profile
A new wolf game?
« on: May 18, 2012, 11:23:48 pm »
wolf game.wmv Wolf part2

I was surfing youtube and stumbled upon these beauties. They look slightly similar to the wolf quest coyote And has the animations of the dogs from dogs life

but it's actually all together a completely different game. I rather not let them forget this project when it is so beautiful. I'm going to try and give a description as best I coyuld since those are all they have.
This the part where your character falls asleep and enters the first dream. While in her dream she has become a wolf
This is the 2nd time your character dreams, but this time the dream becomes reality.
The story follows your character, supposedly a young girl, who had these dreams about being a wolf, I dun know why, probably because she likes them, anyway in these dreams they become more and more clear by each dream and the landscape is almost seeming to change so we have a guess it's trying to tell her something. As you further in the game, somehow you become a wolf, nothing you can do about it though so far. So now you have to follow your character as she ventures through the life of a wolf, avoiding being killed by predators and hunters and killing what is needed to survive.
Of course the plot could be all off. Anyway what can we do? Thumbs up the videos and try to keep them active. Although we will miss our dog-faced heroins, unless they got rid if the font the only thing about them that would keep us would be the new 2.5 mod also known as midnight pass and the interesting short story of the single layer game.

The liar and the thief

Offline VexedCourage

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
Re: A new wolf game?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2012, 05:36:27 am »
It looks .. almost exactly like Wolfquest. Then again, didn't Wolfquest pay for their models? There's a chance the models could be used for other things. Is there a site for this?

Offline Ingredient

• ~Dead men tell no tales~
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 366
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2012, 02:18:27 pm »
I remember playing Dogs Life ages ago, good old memories ^^

This game seems really cool. I would love to play it though i think it'll be a little laggy for me.

I see the similarities between the models, the wolf also has the same walk as the WQ wolf i reckon.

Thanks for sharing okami :)
Will be inactive due to work and exams.

Offline okami129

• Finest Floof
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2012, 02:31:35 pm »
VexedCourage: Unfortunately, no. I'm trying to figure out if they do.
Ingredient: No problemo. ^^ I'm tempted to ask if she needs kelp like voice actors.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 02:33:55 pm by okami129 »

The liar and the thief

Offline okami129

• Finest Floof
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2012, 03:32:23 pm »
I dug up some of the creators comments.
hellinist88/TheHellinist comments
Ok. Kool. My team should have something ready for you in a few days ok
Thank you very much! Appreciate the comment
Thanks man and yes I'll keep in touch. Working on it a lil more. Oh I'm going to need someone to test the game, so if you'd like I can give you a demo...
Almost have something ready. Sorry really tight schedule but we're working on it as we speak
Thank you. Actually I am making this game for a friend of mine who owns a nature center called Ruffner Mountain. Located in Birmingham Alabama. If all goes well there will be a stand that will play this game in a big monitor allowing people to explore the mountain only to a certain degree though....
Lol i didn't make the model,The Developers of Unity 3d did. :)
My 3d apps. I use blender, 3d studio max, torque constructor, and milkshape 3d. oh also use Zbrush :) It's how I made the models..the wolf model I didn't make, it came with Unity 3d's locomotion files. :)
For the models I make yes,. I do. ;) I also animate trees in Unity's animation editor. I've made a few trees have a falling animation, like the ones in the spider/tank vid.
Yes it's a game. :) I was making the game for a nature exhibit called Ruffner Mountain. Still working out things with the Owner, especially since they changed alot of it now.

The liar and the thief

Offline shusuke

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 37
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2012, 11:47:55 pm »
I can confirm that the wolf-like model came with the locomotion files. (I've been playing with it for a while, LOL)

WolfQuest uses Unity3D and stuff, why can't they put in locomotion programming to make moving around in the game more realistic like that? Really o_o"

Offline warriorXtears

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2012, 11:42:22 pm »
Is this WolfQuest? I previously owned WolfQuest but then discovered FH. Now I much prefer FH, because I think it is better than it. But I still wish the creators of WQ would have worked a little harder to add stuff. But this looks cool. What is it?

Offline okami129

• Finest Floof
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2012, 06:07:02 pm »
it's not wolf quest if you looked at how the map was done. -.- It's for now called the wolf game because she's trying to create a title. Also the reason she's taking awhile. Maybe we should offer to help with stuff like voice acting, beta testing, and all that.

This game looks beautiful, but clearly,? us viewers may need some more info :/
HamsterGirl135 1 day ago

I'm working on two games, not just this one ;) Also trying to get a team together, cause most my old team has embarked on their own adventures of life. So I've been doing everything on my? own. So please just give me time
TheHellinist in reply to HamsterGirl135 1 day ago
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 06:12:46 pm by okami129 »

The liar and the thief

Offline angelre

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: -6
    • View Profile
    • http://freewallpaperspot.com/wallpapers/a1-lion-wallpaper-10.jpg
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2012, 09:17:48 pm »
What game was the second picture beside wolfquest? The one with the dogs....?

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2012, 09:35:02 pm »
Dogs life.

please click here! Help me raise my pokemon!
Signature: Kyugima, Rimfrost, Deafosho