Author Topic: Adventure Time  (Read 3062 times)

Offline lugailover

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 56
    • View Profile
    • Foxes of Ireland
Adventure Time
« on: October 23, 2012, 08:38:32 pm »
Alright, since Sameth has locked the other Adventure time thread for getting out of hand, I've decided to make a friendly discussion topic about this show.
Post your opinions here and discuss ideas and such! Try to meet people halfway and don't try to fight with people!
Nothing too violent!

-Mods please remove if needed ^^-

Offline GhostingHowl

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 31
  • As iron sharpens iron, a friend sharpens a friend.
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Time
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2012, 05:31:23 am »
I love the show, I love the characters, I love Gunter. Ive only seen seasons one and two so far, but my favorite episode is "It Came from the Nightosphere". The episode where Marceline's dad is first introduced.
I also especially love the gender-bent versions of the characters. Fionna is sooo cuuuuute!

Offline PrettyReckless

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 218
    • RecklessAce
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2012, 08:26:15 am »
I personally find this show very odd. The first time I watched it, both me and my mother just looked at the TV, seeming rather dumbfounded.
I am not hating on the show, I think it has its own charm in some ways.
RETIRED.

Offline Zaroque

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 388
    • zaroqueart
    • View Profile
    • Zaroque's dA.
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2012, 08:58:48 am »
LawdIreallylovethisshow.

Just the whole atmosphere of the whole thing, and generally the detail and attention they put into their episodes.
~ Z A R O Q U E ~
jaaaeeger
Art || DoE

Offline YouheiSunohara24

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
  • Don't touch my chocolate, or you DIE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2012, 12:00:13 pm »
Merp :/ I, personally, don't really like it that much. That is mostly because my friend used to MAKE me watch it, and then obsess over it all the time. He even cosplayed as Finn =_= sooo... yeah. Plus, all the episodes he showed me, were the really stupid ones. And trust me, ALL Tv shows have stupid episodes. I swear... even Death Note has a stupid episode, and that's the one where Mello F-ing dies, dammit! @_@ and Mello is my fav charrie. But anyway, the only AT episodes I ever saw, were stupid ones, so I never saw really any decent episodes, because my friend is OBSESSED with the stupid stuff, so that's what he made me watch... so... that's probably why I don't like it. But, who knows. Maybe there are some decent episodes and I just haven't seen them XD But the first time my friend showed me a clip from AT, I was like, "Wtf? WHat the Hell is this crap?" Cuz... he was showing me a very stupid scene XD So anyways... I'll shut up now to keep this post from being extremely long XD
For me, crazy is a loose term. Crazy is when you drive by in a car with a shotgun shooting a cops. Cuz... then you're gonna get in big trouble. Crazy is when you start screaming at the word "Shinigami". Crazy is when you support Kira. You're crazy if you touched my chocolate because that means you want to die. If you're crazy, put this in ur sig.XD

Offline lugailover

• View Profile
    • Foxes of Ireland
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2012, 04:39:15 pm »
Merp :/ I, personally, don't really like it that much. That is mostly because my friend used to MAKE me watch it, and then obsess over it all the time. He even cosplayed as Finn =_= sooo... yeah. Plus, all the episodes he showed me, were the really stupid ones. And trust me, ALL Tv shows have stupid episodes. I swear... even Death Note has a stupid episode, and that's the one where Mello F-ing dies, dammit! @_@ and Mello is my fav charrie. But anyway, the only AT episodes I ever saw, were stupid ones, so I never saw really any decent episodes, because my friend is OBSESSED with the stupid stuff, so that's what he made me watch... so... that's probably why I don't like it. But, who knows. Maybe there are some decent episodes and I just haven't seen them XD But the first time my friend showed me a clip from AT, I was like, "Wtf? WHat the Hell is this crap?" Cuz... he was showing me a very stupid scene XD So anyways... I'll shut up now to keep this post from being extremely long XD

As much as I'm obsessed with the show, I agree. They do have more than one boring episode, and the season finale honestly disappointed me a bit, leaving a massive cliff hanger that wont be shown for another 3 weeks.

Offline Zaroque

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 388
    • zaroqueart
    • View Profile
    • Zaroque's dA.
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2012, 05:14:26 pm »

and the season finale honestly disappointed me a bit, leaving a massive cliff hanger that wont be shown for another 3 weeks.

With all due respect, I have to disagree. Leaving a cliffhanger get's the mind working and aids the story dramatically, it also lets another character be the hero/heroine if Finn + Jake need to be saved.
~ Z A R O Q U E ~
jaaaeeger
Art || DoE

Offline lugailover

• View Profile
    • Foxes of Ireland
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2012, 05:50:39 pm »

and the season finale honestly disappointed me a bit, leaving a massive cliff hanger that wont be shown for another 3 weeks.

With all due respect, I have to disagree. Leaving a cliffhanger get's the mind working and aids the story dramatically, it also lets another character be the hero/heroine if Finn + Jake need to be saved.

I respect your opinion, and normally I don't mind cliffhangers, I just hate the way they do it in a season finale when you have to wait three weeks for the next episode, it burns my brain. X3
I understand what you are saying though and I respect it. <3

Offline Cecilia~

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 20
  • wwww
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2012, 06:45:41 pm »
I wont lie, some episodes if i've seen em more than once are just plain boring. Not a bad show but the same episode gets boring after ten times haha. Love the show, but I don't like the people in the fandom all that much. At least the overly obsessed people who wont stfu about it. Making a reference every now and then around other fans/your friends or family would be considered "okay" in my world, cause its around people who understand.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 06:52:25 pm by Luzxia »
i dont know anything ever at any time

Offline SoaringAway

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 32
  • Ours is the Fury.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2012, 11:51:10 pm »
I am a (obvious) fan of Adventure Time but I can't fathom as to the direction that this season took the moment they placed Flame Princess in and how obsessive some fans get over characters or even "ships." It is unfortunate that since the series' main audience is towards children, they couldn't dissect any further into the Mushrooms Wars and only imply on whatever actions that may have occurred. As for boring, it honestly depends on the person, some can relate to even the wackiest episodes but it is up the viewer not the general audience onto what the real message is. The whole Adventure Time series only implies at past events or emotions.

@Luzxia: I understand where you're coming from. Those that I eat lunch with tend to erhmm, overact to several concepts of Adventure Time and get overemotional and aggressive. They constantly quote from Adventure Time but many other popular shows and internet memes. It seems that their humor only runs on popular phrases and hormones.