Author Topic: Off Topic\Media - 'Videos'  (Read 4291 times)

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
Off Topic\Media - 'Videos'
« on: December 01, 2013, 02:53:13 pm »
Off Topic\Media - 'Videos'

So yeah, another idea from yours truly. I came up with the idea of possibly adding a 'Video Corner' in the Off-Topic section of this forum. Y'know, for appropriate Off-Topic clips for members to share. In the past, and even quite recently we have had Off-Topic clips popping up in the FeralHeart related Media section. I just thought it would be a joy to have within the forum and waking up to some interesting or funny videos that we may or may not have missed on youtube or something..

I dunno, this is just an idea I had and thought "Yeah why not, share this idea and see what the community think of his". Sooo feel free to comment/reply your opinions and if you agree with this idea, we'll try to make this happen~

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone

Offline meeeea

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
    • View Profile
Re: Off Topic\Media - 'Videos'
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2013, 03:35:54 pm »
I approve of this idea.

Offline darkknight

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
  • Ask Questions
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2013, 04:37:35 pm »
I like this idea of an off-topic video section, Buffy. The other thing about the video media is that people love a variety of videos and some channels could invite propaganda. May be seeing a bit deep, but it's my general view. Could always give a try and see how it turns out, though.
Image © Mikita Kavalenka

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2013, 05:46:33 pm »
I approve of this idea.

Seal of Approval... genius!

I like this idea of an off-topic video section, Buffy. The other thing about the video media is that people love a variety of videos and some channels could invite propaganda. May be seeing a bit deep, but it's my general view. Could always give a try and see how it turns out, though.

Indeed, everything is worth giving a chance and I think this is one of many ideas to give the chance to~

Offline Feareh

• The Jaguar Artist
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 195
  • Where is the Walrus Species?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2013, 06:26:18 pm »
I do think this is a interesting idea Buffy ^^.
Idk but don't people already put random videos in the Media section of the forums?
I love this idea Buffy, to me this does seem like a lot of work cause staff would have to see what other videos they might be posting and if its appropriate. But, it would be refreshing to have this kind of thing here. <3
I Stalk from time to time...I have moved on to other things but do miss this place. Good times
Add me on discord:
Bakujio 🐺#7358

Offline Shally

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 220
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2013, 07:27:04 pm »
Good idea indeed - personally I love sharing funny video clips, so I like the idea.

Although as mentioned it could become a bit complicated just by the fact we all have different sense of humor and it might be really difficult to keep it somewhat appropriate. There are so many many clips out there, and some of the most popular ones can be pretty crude.

But suggestions and ideas are always welcome! :3

// Shallow

Offline Bawfle

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2013, 08:01:10 pm »
I do think this is a interesting idea Buffy ^^.
Idk but don't people already put random videos in the Media section of the forums?
I love this idea Buffy, to me this does seem like a lot of work cause staff would have to see what other videos they might be posting and if its appropriate. But, it would be refreshing to have this kind of thing here. <3

Good idea indeed - personally I love sharing funny video clips, so I like the idea.

Although as mentioned it could become a bit complicated just by the fact we all have different sense of humor and it might be really difficult to keep it somewhat appropriate. There are so many many clips out there, and some of the most popular ones can be pretty crude.

But suggestions and ideas are always welcome! :3

// Shallow

I'm thrilled you both love the idea<3 But I guess we could give it a chance and possibly create a sticky thread of what is appropriate and/or not appropriate for the board. I do understand what you're both saying but I do believe it deserves a chance~ :3

Thanks for the support<3

Offline OreoHeroz

• Taco-Hat
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 142
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2013, 10:11:38 pm »
This is a good idea, Buffy c: Kinda random to find something not related to FH in the video section >_> I think others would like to have a different section to share youtube series or something with other floofs.

nuzzle for your idea

Offline ~Stargazer~

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 78
  • "Helloooo? Trickster."
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2013, 12:00:57 am »
This is a great idea Buffy I've always wondered about videos myself.

Adding on to your idea what about an Off Topic board called "Social Media" for users Youtube Accounts, Twitter, Facebook ect. It would probably be a benefit to all the people that have to stick their twitter or youtube in there signature c: Just a little add on to think about~

Preset Download
Will be less active until October 7th.

Offline Bawfle

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2013, 03:37:05 pm »
This is a good idea, Buffy c: Kinda random to find something not related to FH in the video section >_> I think others would like to have a different section to share youtube series or something with other floofs.

nuzzle for your idea

Thank you~

This is a great idea Buffy I've always wondered about videos myself.

Adding on to your idea what about an Off Topic board called "Social Media" for users Youtube Accounts, Twitter, Facebook ect. It would probably be a benefit to all the people that have to stick their twitter or youtube in there signature c: Just a little add on to think about~

Thanks for the extra input but the big downside I see to that is privacy. When you put a link to your Facebook/Twitter and whatnot, it's possible for someone to hack into it and demolish someone's privacy. Imagine a 8-10 year old posting a link to their Facebook and/or twitter, I doubt things would go well. It may also lead to cyber bullying and 'posing' as one another. Interesting idea, but it could affect people in so many ways.

Thanks again for the input though