Author Topic: Decreasing the Amount of "16 character" Account Problems  (Read 2637 times)

AlphaEclipse

Decreasing the Amount of "16 character" Account Problems
« on: May 19, 2014, 04:01:11 am »
-didn't know what to name this topic-
Eheh, I am back with another idea!
For months, I have noticed people complaining that they can't log into the game after registering for an account. Usually it has something to do with the username and/or password exceeding 16 characters. It's difficult for some to catch the registration open, let alone make an account. It would be a shame to register (finally) and not actually be able to play the game.
Here's where my idea comes in.
When on the page to make an account, there should be a little note/bullet saying something similar to this: "Don't make usernames and/or passwords longer than sixteen characters! You will be unable to get in-game and you will have to register again." This will decrease the number of the "incorrect password/username" problems for some and it'll decrease the number of useless accounts.

Offline hugrf2

• Purple Derple
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 120
  • wrow
    • hugrf
    • channel/UChLphw5s3-hS8EFAgnNv6FQ
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • Ain't nobody got time fo' dat
    • View Profile
Re: Decreasing the Amount of "16 character" Account Problems
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2014, 10:50:22 am »
I support zhis idea fully. ouo Not everyone checks this forum after all...

Rizzla

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2014, 12:54:36 pm »
I support this 100%. A lot of people play Feral Heart, so i bet it's a bit tricky to think of a username that doesn't exceed that limit.

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2014, 01:37:14 pm »
I see nothin' of a con towards this particular idea. As stated before, not many new users bother to check the forum to see threads like this; thus, a little side note would be useful. Plus, since this matter involves the forum and not the game itself, I believe it can be carried out with the help of our Forum Admins and Raz. Though correct me if I'm mistaken.
gone

Offline darkknight

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
  • Ask Questions
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2014, 05:38:23 pm »
I like this idea, simple, but it's a small change that can help with people wanting to register. Added, it would help with people choosing their username that will be accepted and not have to wonder why they cannot log in. However, as others have said before, not everyone checks the forum.    
Image © Mikita Kavalenka

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2014, 07:28:18 pm »
Glad you all like this idea! c: I usually try to even out the cons and pros of my ideas, but I literaly couldn't think of any cons on this particular one. This would save many people lots of time (if they made an account with over 16 characters). True, not everyone looks at the forum about that issue, so it would be very helpful if one could just read it while registering.

Offline forks

• tiny silverware enthusiast
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
  • icon by reudiart
    • soupforks
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2014, 09:31:22 pm »
Alphie, this is a spectacular idea! You know that I (talking about when I was in-forums as Anna,) had issues with this, and if it weren't for you, I still might be having trouble. I'll PM Red or White about this, It's a great idea! Then all of us wouldn't be so upset, us floofies know how cool FH is!

Luf the idea!
<3~Echoz

signature by g0thic_vibes1

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 230
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2014, 09:55:07 pm »
This is definitely a good idea, and it's been one of the tasks that we've had on our to-do list for some time. Basically the goal is to create a little "checklist" of sorts that is readable upon account creation, which is a reminder to read game rules, etc., and also a safeguard to warn against creating accounts with more than 16 characters, as has been stated in this thread.

It is something that only Raz can access, though, since it does have to do with front-end registration information, and so it's just a matter of him being able to find the time to sit down and set this up for us. He's often very busy between work and real life, and so sometimes it can take a bit of time for him to be able to find the time to set these things up (just as well, this isn't the only thing weighing his to-do list).

We do have plans in the works to do something very much like this, so thank you for the input. We think it's a very good idea, as well, and I'm sure it will save a great many users the stress and extra time in the long run.
|| ~Avatar by Kikiorylandia, Sig commissioned by Wolf_Memories~ ||
|| Thank you. <3 ||