Author Topic: A few little ideas  (Read 15198 times)

wolfdog01

A few little ideas
« on: June 04, 2014, 03:19:51 am »
 Now, if any of this exists and I'm just too dumb to realize it since I've looked around the forums, please tell me and lock/delete this thread!

Anywho, I think that a few great ideas on the forum would be:
~A favorite option
~Join an RP
~Removing Option
~Fluffers Award
~Member Threads
~Bite

1.) The favoriting idea. I think that if you post on a topic a lot, whether it be a game or whatever, you should be able to favorite it somehow, instead of clicking new replies to your posts every time, like I do, you can just put a star or an F next to the topic and so when you log on they are there for you check on. Now this may seem pointless or lazy, but I think it's good. For example, my chibi requests are kinda popular, and I'm getting a little tired of having to click on a few things in order to finally get to the screen.

2.) The join an RP idea. I think something similar to this was up a while ago, but I could be wrong. I like to RP, but lately it's gotten a lot harder to find the kind that I like or that I can start. So I kinda want an RP you can just jump into. There is a very loose plot that can be changed and anyone can join without having to fill out a forum. I tried this once with a FH hacking RP on here, it was pretty fun and I wish I could find it again. But when I checked the forums last, all I saw was either human roleplays or animal ones where you have to fill out something and constantly post to join, I just want something that I can kinda describe my char when I join and then hop right into the RP whenever I want. Because sometimes I can't be on FH all the time or sometimes I'm just not in the mood.

3.) The removing idea. I think that when you are just done with a thread, like a help thread for example after you have already answered your little bit in there, you should be able to remove it from the new replies to your posts link. I have a few topics like this that I wish would stay gone since I don't want to read them anymore but every time someone replies to that thread and I want to check up on other ones, I have to sift through more threads then I have to. It can get a bit annoying after a while. Or if the favorite option comes true, then you can remove it from your favorites afterwards.

4.) Fluffers award. Now this is just something cute that I thought might be good as well, you know how when a person posts so many things they get more stars and a new ranking? Well what about one for the floof-o-meter? I think that would be pretty cool, like for ten floofs you get the "puffball" award and it's above your floof-o-meter. I don't know though, I think it sounds cute and it might give a little chuckle to everyone when they read it.

5.) Member threads. I think that when you look at a person's profile you should be able to see what threads they have started, I know you can see the last posts of this person but if I am trying to find a thread that either has a very common name in the title or the person has made a LOT of posts, I really don't want to have to search for it and look through other threads when I may not even find what I'm looking for. Or for example, when I want to see the threads I have started to either edit them, like this one, or to ask a Admin to delete them, I get tired of having to search for it or click a bunch to get to it.

6.) Bite. Now I think something like this was made back near the beginning or something? Idk, but I remember when I first joined the forums there was I think a Nuzzle and a Bite thing and instead of a Floof-O-Meter, it was karma. Now I'm not saying got back to the old ways or anything, BUT I Do think that members should be able to bite eachother and it just takes away 1 floof. Why do I recommend this? Because there are some really rude people on these forums sometimes! Now I'm not sure why the bite button was taken away, I want to say that I read somewhere that it was taken down to make the community better? I'm  not sure, but I think it should be brought back, that's just my opinion though.

Thanks to anyone who read this ^^ Hope you find my ideas decent enough! What do you guys think?
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 01:12:16 pm by ~Thyme~ »

Offline Honest~Faith

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 32
  • I'm baaack!! <3
    • View Profile
Re: A few little ideas
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2014, 06:09:43 pm »
I love both ideas, they're amazing and you came up with them because you are incredibly creative about everything. All of the ideas were thought about and you probably came up with them easily, great. <3
I support your ideas. cx

In-game username: Honest~Faith

Offline ritat

• Incarnated Angel
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 156
  • Will be inactive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2014, 06:10:52 pm »
Great ideas floof!

I like the fact that the favoriting idea is usually easier to use.
 You do have a point because when I like something, I really
want to keep it some how and that's just like favoriting it.

I like the RP idea too but think about it again. Do you think we
can do that? or maybe how can we do it? It's just a question
that you may have to think about :)

Hmm, what I thought is that you got some good ideas! Not bad.
I believe that would have taken sometime and usually we DO
get some ideas about Rping.

Well done!

wolfdog01

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2014, 09:43:19 pm »
Yay, glad to see you two liked it! :D
I wrote it at like 1 AM last night, thought it was amazing but now that I read it I didn't think it was that good. XP
I guess it is though since I got some likers!

Offline ritat

• Incarnated Angel
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 156
  • Will be inactive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2014, 04:07:26 pm »
Yay, glad to see you two liked it! :D
I wrote it at like 1 AM last night, thought it was amazing but now that I read it I didn't think it was that good. XP
I guess it is though since I got some likers!

Aaah, hehe. I see.

Offline Neowulf

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • Somewhere, in an alternate universe...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2014, 05:40:03 pm »
You have some good ideas. ^-^ These actually could be put to use on the forums and such!

Art gallery
[Find me in-game as Neowulf]

wolfdog01

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2014, 07:49:44 am »
Instead of making a new post, I added another small idea ^^

wolfdog01

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2014, 10:46:47 pm »
Updated! :D Why waste room by creating another thread right? ^^

wolfdog01