Author Topic: Friends game crashing because of my map?!  (Read 728 times)

Offline spikezz

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • Just your average unicorn.
    • View Profile
    • Mystic Rebellion
Friends game crashing because of my map?!
« on: July 30, 2015, 09:42:39 pm »
I did everything right with this map, ClubNeon,  But why is it crashing?
He doesn't crash in the older version of the map, but he does in the new version, I've got no idea what to do... At all...
If someone could help, greatly appreciated! ~ spikezz
I’m a unicorn In a sea of darkness.
It’s time to spread my wings and fly, don’t you say?

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
Re: Friends game crashing because of my map?!
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2015, 09:51:29 pm »
There are a few reasons as to why your map is crashing for him. You might have used meshes with a high poly count (many triangles), in which the best option is to just remove or minimize the use of them. Do you have a weather cycle? Weather cycles can cause the game to crash as well. If you have lots of meshes with collisions that aren't really necessary, you might want to remove/reduce the use of those as well. Sometimes a high use of particles can cause map crashing, too.

If any of these might be the case, I would suggest removing/reducing the use of the creations causing the issues, then try re-exporting your map, and let them try it out again.

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.