Author Topic: A new rule (Just a thought)  (Read 2702 times)

DreamerDay

A new rule (Just a thought)
« on: September 13, 2015, 05:31:33 pm »
Maybe there should be a rule/thread about accounts? Maybe about how to delete an account and stuff...After wandering around Site Help I noticed you can't delete accounts...(thats weird) Anyway, the staff should put this up to avoid confusion and repeating questions..

Offline Whisperingwaves

• #2FAB4U
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 135
  • #SlainyTheBattleTurkey
    • Whisperingwaves
    • @slainytbm
    • View Profile
    • Kiros
Re: A new rule (Just a thought)
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2015, 05:50:52 pm »
Indeed this would be a nice addition to the sticky's, I just don't think an entire sticky should be for deletion of accounts. Maybe someone could make a tutorial in the tutorial section for it <3
It's a nice idea all-in-all tho.

~ Whisper

Avatar by Chezdip on Lioden || Signature by Jackdaw ♥
In-Game As Whisperingwaves

Offline Panzram

• Reject false icons
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 95
  • Chai tea addict
    • Koicrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2015, 05:53:10 pm »
I don't necessarily think that would fit into the Rule category, as it seems like an informative How-To topic or a reminder of sorts. I'm sure that is what you mean, though.

I think that would be helpful to add as a thread, as it seems not many people know how to delete their accounts and when they do figure it out, they wonder why it hasn't been deleted yet after an extended period of time. With information regarding the removal of accounts and a simple explanation as to why they still remain after having been deleted, perhaps it would clear up some of those questions. I am not too sure, though. It really depends on how often this question arises to decide if an entire sticky should be used for such like Whisper said, but it is still good information to keep in mind should you ever want to delete an account. A tutorial may work out perfectly as well.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 05:55:10 pm by Panzram »

In-game user: Panzramic

DreamerDay

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2015, 05:55:53 pm »
I don't think a sticky will be needed either or a tutorial. Maybe it should be added to the rules? Okay, I don't know. It should go somewhere.

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2015, 06:07:10 pm »
This might be me coming from a personal standpoint, but although the idea itself isn't a poor one, and I can easily understand how this would be a great help to users who are trying to delete their account, by creating a How-To in bold, shining lights, openly displayed on an official part of the forum, I'm not sure I would see this as an encouragement to join the game. As a bit of a personal preference, if I was thinking about signing up for a new game, and I saw an official thread concerning deleting my account, it might give me an "off" sort of feeling. If this thread has been created and dubbed "official," lots of people must be trying to delete their accounts, right? "Why would I join the game if it seems like everyone is leaving. Is there something wrong with the game?"

Of course, this may not be the case, but I can't help but see it as a discouragement to newer players. A tutorial for this would be fantastic, and I wouldn't discourage it, but to put the thread as an official topic from the Staff seems a little over-the-top and might not give off a good vibe. However, questions regarding account removal do continue to pop up, so a tutorial wouldn't be a bad idea. I like how you're thinking about the interest of other users, so great suggestion! c:

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

Offline Delija

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 24
  • Life is looking up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2015, 11:37:16 pm »
That would really be an interesting concept, giving the community the ability to delete there accounts? Would be very helpful too, get rid of some peoples inactive accounts that they don't use anymore cluttering the system.
Signature by Adelish

Offline StarrieNova

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 52
  • Cuddle Fluff
    • StarrieNova
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2015, 02:51:16 am »
As interesting as a thing to have if I am not mistaken that type of thing could be placed under tutorials instead of a rule if I am understanding this correctly. Also I don't believe it would count as a rule too much, but I know a few other things that could be mentioned as a rule that could be added since some members of the community aren't too much aware of it being a rule. Though I believe that would be for another topic discussion.

Siggy by: MittenstheNoble