Author Topic: Feral Heart won't let me change rendering subsystem  (Read 1145 times)

Offline Goldchocobo

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 67
    • Aquachocobo
    • GoldchocoboFH
    • View Profile
Feral Heart won't let me change rendering subsystem
« on: February 25, 2016, 02:28:01 am »
I recently changed computer and packed all my FH stuff into a Memory stick.
I downloaded and installed Feral Hearts and proceeded to move everything (Shaders/EMBs, objects, items, markings, presets, maps, exports, animations etc) to the new Feral Heart folder.

I booted Feral Heart up, and turned my subsystem to Direct3D9  and restarted. Only the little text-box befoe FH starts came up, flashed and went with Feral Heart not open, when I opened Feral Hearts, the subsystem was back to OpenGL and won't change without not running Feral Hearts. Is there a fix to this? or have I installed Feral Hearts incorrectly?

the log in the FeralHearts folder says:

"full path: C:\FeralHeart\
redirecting CreateDevice
initialising shader environment
unable to create depthStencilSurface (hr=-2005530516)
D3DXCreateEffectFromFile failed
C:\FeralHeart\d3d9.fx(72,10): error X1507: failed to open source file: 'SweetFX\Shaders\SMAA.h'"

I've never had this problem before- even with the countless mods I've downloaded and made.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 02:29:41 am by Goldchocobo »

Offline Goldchocobo

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 67
    • Aquachocobo
    • GoldchocoboFH
    • View Profile
Re: Feral Heart won't let me change rendering subsystem
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2016, 02:33:39 am »
EDIT:

I'm so sorry I posted this.
I didn't copy some folders/files over (like half of them) so the shaders weren't there and the game got confused and shut itself down.

Please lock this (but maybe keep this for other players if they have the same or similar problem)
(I feel like an idiot for not trying everything before coming here, sorry to bother!)

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
Re: Feral Heart won't let me change rendering subsystem
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2016, 02:47:04 am »
I'm glad to see that you got the game working. I'll go ahead and lock this up for you. c:

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.