Author Topic: Game Always Crashes/Disconnects + Marking Texture Issue  (Read 3011 times)

Offline Dangeryena

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • Hyena Enthusiast
    • View Profile
Game Always Crashes/Disconnects + Marking Texture Issue
« on: June 24, 2016, 02:30:48 pm »
As the title says, the game is pretty much guaranteed to crash eventually or disconnect me from the server if I've been playing for a while, whether I'm actively playing or afk. Unfortunately, this issue is likely difficult to tackle because there isn't much to go off of.

So, to try & rule some things out: For one thing, I got a new laptop, though it's generally better than my old one. I bought it to handle pretty large games like Ark: Survival Evolved, which it does handle pretty well, so FH should be no problem. I don't really lag in FH at all. I highly doubt my internet should be an issue because it's very fast & the connectivity is fine.

As for the marking textures, I get this strange glitch where either the head, body, or tail will appear completely filled in as the marking color, which it gradually "fixes" as you zoom in. It's always connected to specific markings & affects everyone with said markings, but the markings it happens to do this to changes every time I load up FH. For example, one time everyone with the Leopard body markings will be glitched. The next time I load up, it won't be those specific markings but something else. Oh, and it does the same thing for eye textures, too.

I do have Legendary Markings & Items, & yes they are the updated versions & appear correctly. All of this makes me think it's a general graphics thing, but I'd really love to know how to fix it.

UPDATE: Well, it's actually not doing it now that I've finally decided to get help about it, lmao. If I see it again I will try to get a gif of it so that it's easier to understand what it's doing.

My main concern is the game disconnecting me/crashing me. I've tried to be as diligent as possible so that no one has to ask too many questions.
NazoXSparx/C R O C U T A in-game

Offline barghosts

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 21
  • free pizza for life
    • chewgags
    • chewgags
    • coffeemo
    • View Profile
Re: Game Always Crashes/Disconnects + Marking Texture Issue
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2016, 02:34:29 pm »
It's good to know your markings problem has been (hopefully) fixed! As for the disconnection, I don't think it can be helped. The Play Game tab will automatically sign out after a certain period of time for pretty much anyone and everyone. So my best offer for you is to just... adapt to it? I'm sorry if I wasn't much help.

KERMIT IT'S NOT A COOKIE

Offline Dangeryena

• Hyena Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2016, 02:59:14 pm »
Ah crap, forgot to mention that! It's not the login tab logging me out, either. I am still logged in & can log back in in-game immediately after being disconnected. It actually doesn't ever log me out since I keep the tab open in another browser. I've sorta gotten used to it but it'd sure be nice to not randomly disconnect/crash.

Offline barghosts

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 21
  • free pizza for life
    • chewgags
    • chewgags
    • coffeemo
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2016, 03:03:06 pm »
Hm. Well looking back on your original post, I can't figure out why you would randomly start crashing. Perhaps try a different rendering system or restart your internet router? If that doesn't help than it may just be the game server.

KERMIT IT'S NOT A COOKIE

Offline Dangeryena

• Hyena Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2016, 08:27:29 pm »
Oop, the texture glitch didn't go away. Here are 3 examples. Hooli's face actually wasn't glitching until I tabbed out & back in.

https://gyazo.com/d84b7e96f5029354f28c55635896429a

https://gyazo.com/c84f4b023ba049ea42674119cc7a630b

https://gyazo.com/0a7bf33cc4d8c074fed0d66c2f962099

Changing to OpenGL steadily messes up the background texture for the GUI... So that's a thing. I haven't been disconnected/crashed yet today, so that's good.

Edit: Just kidding, just disconnected. :'^)
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 08:53:04 pm by NazoXSparx »

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2016, 08:50:48 pm »
Have you tried editing your view distance (this can be changed through the in-game options)? It's possible that you're not picking up quality very well until you get close, and changing the view distance may enhance the visuals from a distance.

As for your connection issues, there could be a number of reasons that you are having issues staying online. Even if the log-in tab stays open, having a fast and strong internet will make a big difference. Sometimes changing locations in your home will surprisingly make a huge improvement.

When you are crashing in the game, do you receive some sort of message? If so, what does it say?

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

Offline Dangeryena

• Hyena Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2016, 09:08:48 pm »
I actually have not edited view distance, I'll do that soon. But I have a very fast & strong connection; my room is very close to my dad's room which has the modem & router.

When I would crash, I wouldn't get a message. It'd just crash. Lately though it's been just disconnecting me.

Offline Dangeryena

• Hyena Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2016, 04:26:50 pm »
Update:

Changing the view distance doesn't change anything.

It's still disconnecting me a lot. Just now, it disconnected me from Lonely Cave, & I hadn't even been in there for 5 minutes. Now I have to wait for it to let me re-connect.

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2016, 04:33:39 pm »
If you are having more success with the other rendering system (the original one you were using), I suggest switching back to it. Up to you though.
But, perhaps check your Task Manager for any unwanted background programs that may be disrupting things, or maybe even just a Disk overload (above 90% usually isn't a good sign).
If there are any unused apps open in it, I suggest ending them; and if the disk is overloaded, try closing down everything and waiting for 15 minutes or even restarting/refreshing your laptop. Usually helps for me.
Hope this is helpful.

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya

Offline Dangeryena

• Hyena Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2016, 04:45:51 pm »
I went back to my original, don't think there was a difference.

The disc is only at 2-3%, & I don't think there's anything running that I don't need (though there's a lot I'm afraid to touch, lol). I don't think this is a problem since this new laptop has a ton of space & is pretty darn great. FH is the only thing being stupid on it.

I do appreciate the suggestion, though.