Author Topic: Man have I got one heck of a request!  (Read 2548 times)

Cosmic-Wolf

Man have I got one heck of a request!
« on: March 14, 2016, 08:03:59 am »
Alright, so I have a design I bought from DA(don't worry, I have permission to use it here. He actually wants to see this made into a preset) and well, it's gonna take an experienced person. I mean, someone who knows A LOT about coding, as I have no experience with presets, coding, or artwork in general. I tried looking for someone who was still taking requests for presets, but most of the threads had died out and I didn't want to put a request in and it just goes ignored.

Anyway, onto the character! Here she is:

So, as you can see, I need someone experienced with double sided presets and animated coding as she sparkles(is that even possible actually? If not, just tell me my other options.)

If I actually find someone that is willing to do this(I don't blame anyone for screaming and running from this. This just looks impossible) then they can give me options for fur textures(she will be feline) as I don't know any off the top of my head. 

If you have any questions, just ask me. ^^' Sorry in advance for such a difficult preset request(but I can't help it. I love this design too much and would love to see it as a preset) oh, and it will be downloadable for other people to see. And don't worry about me not using it. Cause it will be on my main FH character I use. ^^

Offline G4RG0YLE

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 170
    • View Profile
Re: Man have I got one heck of a request!
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2016, 05:03:48 pm »
It's a real shame I'm not so experienced with preset-making to the point where I can do such coding; but I hope someone is willing to do it for you! Good luck!

© short ' cakes on Discord ♡

Offline Mischa

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2016, 05:13:27 pm »
Let me start off by saying that this character is gorgeous, Azura! It is a real challenge to make it but I feel like it's very doable. However, I personally have no experience in animated textures and I don't even know if it's possible to create the sparkles as well. Looking at your character though, I feel like a glossy type of texture would look great on it. I also don't even know how a glossy finish can be made but all it probably requires is some extra Photoshop experience.

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2016, 06:51:47 pm »
Let me start off by saying that this character is gorgeous, Azura! It is a real challenge to make it but I feel like it's very doable. However, I personally have no experience in animated textures and I don't even know if it's possible to create the sparkles as well. Looking at your character though, I feel like a glossy type of texture would look great on it. I also don't even know how a glossy finish can be made but all it probably requires is some extra Photoshop experience.

I suppose we could put in a little teamwork and I could be in charge of the coding/sparkles/animated markings, since I have experience with those

Azura, I'm not exactly sure how long this will take. I'll need to know which markings you want animated (the pink ones? purple ones? only on this body part? etc), as well as what her markings look like on her right side. In general, knowing what you'd want for a mane and/or wings would be helpful as well
Farewell everyone<3

Offline Mischa

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2016, 07:19:12 pm »
I'm down to help, or try to help at least. The design is definitely very doable. However as Kikiorylandia mentioned, knowing what the right side of the character looks like would be helpful lol.

I haven't done any presets in a while but I'm currently experimenting with one to get the hang of it all again. Once I'm done with it and if there are no takers for this, I'd be more than happy to help.

Cosmic-Wolf

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2016, 09:03:02 pm »
It looks like I had some luck after all Shurtle!

But thank you all so much for offering to help! I honestly didn't think that I would actually get this many people willing to help! But yeah it might help if I actually thought this out a bit and put down what the right side would look like. I don't have a ref of that other side, but I might try to draw it out(even though I suck at drawing) she won't have wings, so no need to worry about that. As for the mane, I would just like purple that fades to pink(if that can be done) And the parts that will sparkle/glimmer will be the purple and pink parts(don't know how much shimmer would show on black)

And thanks for the compliment there Mischa! She was well worth the 200 DA points! ^^

And I'm in no hurry Kiki. I know things like this take time. I feel really bad for making requests because I  hate making people do things for me(it makes me feel...how you say...demanding? Something like that) But I cannot preset whatsoever.

Offline Mischa

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2016, 09:14:29 pm »
I'll make a small suggestion for u here, Azura. I feel like connecting the pink on the back to the right arm would look decent!

Cosmic-Wolf

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2016, 09:44:49 pm »
Yes! And there could be a bit or purple lining up under the pink?(If you get what I mean? xD)

Offline Mischa

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2016, 09:54:59 pm »
Yes! Yes I do!

Cosmic-Wolf

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2016, 10:23:38 pm »
Well, I whipped up a ref anyway. You get to see how ugly my art is firsthand! Keep in mind this is just a ref. The shading and stripes and spots are not in it. ^^'