Author Topic: Really detailed preset I would do if I was talented  (Read 1356 times)

Offline yourlocalcrow

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 43
  • they/them
    • View Profile
    • my deviantArt
Really detailed preset I would do if I was talented
« on: January 28, 2017, 04:10:31 am »
Hey guys! As a novice preset creator, it does seem strange that I'd be found here. Except this preset is beyond what I know I can do, and I don't want to butcher my beautiful darling. Her name's Appleshade, and she's a really gorgeous tortie with long fur.

This would be what I want her face and what her body should be mostly based off of:

However, I don't expect you to be miracle workers and find out what the rest of that cat looks like, so her markings should be at least something like this:

Obviously, the front legs should be the front legs shown in the first picture. Whatever can be drawn from the first picture should go into the preset, but don't just assume what you don't know. That's the point of the second-- so you don't go blindly into parts that aren't clear.

I understand that presets like this aren't suddenly coughed up in a few hours, or even a few days. I am the person to ask how progress is coming after a week, though. ^^ (I'd expect a screenshot proving that you're working on it!)

As a very broke woman, if you would like to receive something in response, I am willing to do an art trade. It won't be all polished and pretty, as I'm taking a break from digital art, but I will be able to get you a nice coloured sketch.

If you can, a longer/fluffier looking texture would be wonderful, but work with what you have. ^^
I would prefer preset_6, although preset_12 would also be fine. A mane would also be nice, although I don't currently plan on using a full mane or bangs.

If you'd like to try this beauty, I do want to see a few things:
Best/favourite example/s of recent and realistic presets (eyes, body, face, tail, mane):
Suggested texture/favourite texture to use:
Average/estimated completion time for similar presets:
Any payment needed?:
Anything else you want to tell me?:

Thank you for taking interest! I might be a bit of a tricky person to work with, as this character is intended to be one of my longer-lasting characters, and I want the preset Apple starts out with to be what I envision, but can't create myself. Please be prepared to tweak things! (I suggest that you save your preset files as a .psd or .xcf or whatever layered file it is that your program makes if you aren't used to it, and to keep those files in a handy place!)

Please feel free to ask me questions! If I take your offer, I can easily be reached via Skype, and notes on dA, and you will receive both. I will start deciding on who will do it at the end of the weekend once I start getting some responses, so consider this an audition/competition.

Good luck to the person who will take on this project!

Offline Astraea

• ❤ Positivity ❤
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 186
  • previously esarosa
    • Esar0sa
    • View Profile
Re: Really detailed preset I would do if I was talented
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2017, 07:04:13 pm »
What an adorable kitty cat. I love the colors and markings<33

I hope you get someone to do this for ya!
Thanks for sharing luffbutt 8D

-Floofs-
not active here anymore ♡

Offline sanrio

• Grumpy Overlord
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 108
    • kiyatii
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2017, 08:14:15 pm »
Looks like an interesting little cat.
I would do it but I'm so bad at making realistic presets.
I wish you luck getting someone to make this for you.

Avatar by byambyy | Signature by rykerclawss

Offline yourlocalcrow

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 43
  • they/them
    • View Profile
    • my deviantArt
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2017, 02:24:55 am »
Bumper Dooper.