Author Topic: Downloaded objects and water-textures appear white  (Read 3567 times)

Offline Raphilion

• HOLD MY MOM
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 65
  • WARNING: I'm a bad friend
    • View Profile
    • DA profile
Downloaded objects and water-textures appear white
« on: July 29, 2012, 11:49:00 pm »
Ok well, I have looked all over the forums, even in Member-made tutorials but found no answer to my unusual problem;
I recently downloaded some objects and water textures to add to my map but even after placing the folders exactly as ordered, they appear completely white.

I give some examples to help those helping me to help me :P
I downloaded a Ribs mesh with texture .png image and all but when I put it through object maker, it doesn't recognize the texture for some reason and makes it baseWhite..? btw, I got it from the FH-IT Mesh Store on Deviant art.
Another thing, i got two different water textures to change the standard OceanMat to something like CreekwaterMat (Creek style water texture) and I placed all the files in their respective folders but when I type in CreekwaterMat into the materials box for the ocean in map maker, it shows up white..

Can somebody please help me understand what is going on here. I'm desperate to finish my map before the end of August or I wont finish it O_o
I even took advice given to others to restart the game but still nothing

My Canyon Map
Avatar by the Awesome Ruji / Michala

SoulRevenge

Re: Downloaded objects and water-textures appear white
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2012, 12:03:07 am »
When you wrote down 'Creekwatermat', did you make sure there was a .material file aswell? .material files are sort of like notepads or something.

As for why everything else turned white, did you put the .material files in the my_objects folder? I usualy put my .material stuff in there, and in the material folder just incase.

Everything will show up white if there is no .material file X3.

Offline Raphilion

• HOLD MY MOM
    • View Profile
    • DA profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2012, 12:17:32 am »

My Canyon Map

SoulRevenge

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2012, 12:51:28 am »
Hmm.....Well I'd just re-download everything again, save it where it normally is, and replace all the 'older' ones with the ones you've re-downloaded. This might work, though I'm not sure X.X
And don't ever edit any material coding unless your sort of using it as a guild to make your own material file.

Offline Raphilion

• HOLD MY MOM
    • View Profile
    • DA profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2012, 02:45:35 pm »
Thankies! XDD
I re downloaded one of the stuff that wasn't working, followed all the precautions necessary and it works :')

Slightly off topic - but not quite: I must now try that with items I downloaded a week or so ago and had the same problems with. I guess having the game open while downloading these things makes them glitch -_- For some reazonz.

Case closed!

Meh, the water textures still don't workz :( Even after re downloadz.. I guess I'll just have to stick to standard water textures for my first map.
I just missed a minor detail in the Mat-name *Multi-Facedesk*
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 04:26:06 pm by Raphi »

My Canyon Map