Author Topic: The Login Page --> Adverts/Risk of Virus  (Read 3508 times)

Offline CheesePizza

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • + glug glug glug
    • Cheesier-Pizza
    • View Profile
Re: The Login Page --> Adverts/Risk of Virus
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2018, 05:37:12 pm »
The ads are annoying, for sure. My concern is that if this game is considered/marked as family friendly and kids play it, they might be vulnerable to the dodgy sites that the login page takes them to and might not realise that what they're looking at (eg "your flash player/browser is out of date") could lead them into downloading malware

Valar.Morghulis

« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2018, 05:55:06 pm »
The ads are annoying, for sure. My concern is that if this game is considered/marked as family friendly and kids play it, they might be vulnerable to the dodgy sites that the login page takes them to and might not realise that what they're looking at (eg "your flash player/browser is out of date") could lead them into downloading malware

I never had any problems with the Feral Heart login page, or Feral Heart page in general.
It only showed ads but never downloaded anything. I don't think that there's anything to worry about.
The page has been like this since as long as I can remember. :)

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2018, 07:50:04 pm »

I never had any problems with the Feral Heart login page, or Feral Heart page in general.
It only showed ads but never downloaded anything. I don't think that there's anything to worry about.
The page has been like this since as long as I can remember. :)
Some of the pages make it difficult to click off, resulting in either a CTRL + ALT + DEL/Task Manager result, or just... Accidentally clicking on the advert.

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2018, 07:46:56 am »
Do we really need the log-in page anymore?  People these days with an attention span of all of about 2 seconds probably see "Cannot connect to front server" and give up.
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"