Author Topic: Possibly implementing the Preset Sync?  (Read 2600 times)

Offline kiaz1st

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 44
  • The Rogue
    • kiaz1st
    • kiaz1st
    • kiaz1st
    • View Profile
    • Kiaz Site
Possibly implementing the Preset Sync?
« on: June 13, 2016, 03:32:03 pm »
I absolutely adore the update, and it's amazing that the staff made it possible, thanks so much guys! So much hard work must have been put into this!

Though I feel that you missed out on an opportunity here.
So, we have the Preset Sync, which is amazing! but at the moment you have to download it yourself, without messing up (Which, I have noticed, is very hard for allot of users xD). I think this new update would have been the best opportunity to have it included in the official download. This way users wont have to go through the trouble of sorting out the download separately.

Not only that but, as most people know by now, this update is merely a massive overhaul of the game, meaning the staff could only work with what concepts were already there (Maps, markings, items, animations, etc.), but the preset sync in itself is something entirely different. It would really feel like actually adding something new, even if only a small thing. And members could wear their presets, without worrying if they will look like marshmallows to people who haven't downloaded the Preset Sync.

but it's merely an idea. Maybe it wouldn't be possible, maybe it would be too complicated, or too much. Please tell me what you think!

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
Re: Possibly implementing the Preset Sync?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2016, 03:38:27 pm »
I like this idea a lot actually. Especially there's this weird thing with Dropbox that many users can't download presets from it and Mediafire has some upload trouble, so preset sync would be a nice fix to all of that.

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2016, 04:44:12 pm »
I approve of this idea

it would make things simpler, but I think the download is already a little bit big.
but, who knows, maybe it wouldn't be that bad.

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline kiaz1st

• Community Champion
  • The Rogue
    • kiaz1st
    • kiaz1st
    • kiaz1st
    • View Profile
    • Kiaz Site
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2016, 04:47:21 pm »
Maybe we can have it so that it's not included in the lite version?
Idunno

Offline Hakumi

• ✩ Just A Virtuous Smol ✩
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 130
  • A Smol & Helpful Floof ~
    • leanim3fr3akzoid
    • LeAnim3Fr3akzoid
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2016, 04:52:44 pm »
Interesting idea nonetheless c:

Keep on traveling across this road called 'Life.'

Discord: Haku - Haku#74O7

Offline FelFeyn

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • FelFeyn Sergal, at your service!
    • FelFeyn
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2016, 12:57:07 pm »
I totally agree with this idea! I love creating and using presets, but I won't deny it can be a hassle to have to distribute your preset to everyone who doesn't have it.
...Not to mention the last time I tried getting Preset Sync, sometime around November I believe, BitTorrent absolutely refused to work with me, and I had no idea how to work everything...

So I feel an update that would smoothly interface preset sync with the current, or a future, update would be absolutely wonderful!

-waves- Hullo~
Stop by my dA
>Here!<
And get my presets >Here!<

ArcticGalaxy

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2016, 09:10:51 pm »
I agree with this idea 100%. It would be nice to have a nice working preset sync in the game. xD

Offline greenart6

• The Chicken God
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 143
  • Spooky glowy ghost dogs
    • WornSkateboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2016, 11:23:24 pm »
I agree with this! It'd be really nice if this was included in the official download. Maybe it could be an additional addon, offered while installing the game (but not directly included with the Full version or whatever, just as an option).

But this would be great! Presets would be a lot more effective, and I wouldn't have to practically beg people to download my preset xD Though maybe some things could be changed, as the whole preset sync system is a little confusing right now (with all the folders and sucH).

Offline CrazyCatLady

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 14
  • Formerly M'Lass
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2016, 11:35:25 pm »
If the Preset Sync was reworked then I would support adding it. But right now in it's current form since third party software is required to set it up I think it would be more of a hassle for everyone involved, especially since the .exe has a greater risk of being flagged as a trojan and removed by antivirus software. If it was included as an optional download then that would be the same as it is now essentially. I really would like to see an automated preset system added in somehow later on though. please

Sig by Kiaz! ||  I'm not active anymore. I'll be back sometime.

Offline kiaz1st

• Community Champion
  • The Rogue
    • kiaz1st
    • kiaz1st
    • kiaz1st
    • View Profile
    • Kiaz Site
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2016, 04:40:11 pm »
Really glad you guys agree with me about this, and that this isn't just some hair-brained idea of mine x3

...Not to mention the last time I tried getting Preset Sync, sometime around November I believe, BitTorrent absolutely refused to work with me, and I had no idea how to work everything...

One of the reasons I thought this would be such a good opportunity, so many users aren't taking advantage of the preset sync because they can't understand how to set it up, or their computers and cooperating

I agree with this! It'd be really nice if this was included in the official download. Maybe it could be an additional addon, offered while installing the game (but not directly included with the Full version or whatever, just as an option).

This would be a nice touch, considering not all people might want it because of either hassle, or it might induce more lag (Not sure)

If the Preset Sync was reworked then I would support adding it. But right now in it's current form since third party software is required to set it up I think it would be more of a hassle for everyone involved, especially since the .exe has a greater risk of being flagged as a trojan and removed by antivirus software. If it was included as an optional download then that would be the same as it is now essentially. I really would like to see an automated preset system added in somehow later on though. please
Maybe if we ask extra nicely Raz might look into cleaning it all up xD
But honestly, I'm sure Raz and the others have allot on their plates at the moment with the new update and such, but hopefully sometime in the future this could happen.