Author Topic: Strange Problem  (Read 987 times)

Offline Fantasia_Cross

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
    • https://www.deviantart.com/unite
    • View Profile
Strange Problem
« on: April 20, 2013, 04:06:06 pm »
Now, this started happening yesterday, and a few other players have this problem as well...it seems that when we play, the whole game does this really aggravating stop, freeze, go thing, like it's streaming or something.
Feel free to ask for my Discord in regards to Feralheart Topics.

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
Re: Strange Problem
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2013, 04:19:28 pm »
I've been through that a few times myself and so have a few of my friends. It's most likely just the server. There has been a bit of lag at the really crowded hours due to the maps' capacity being raised again. If anything you can reduce a bit of the lag by changing your video settings a bit by going to the game's main menu and selecting "options" then "video" and changing your settings like so:
Switch your rendering subsystem to Direct3D9
Turn your View Distance to 0
Set your Water Reflection off
That helps with a little bit of the lag sometimes but some of the chat lag and pauses will be inevitable due to the loads of people online in a map at a time and the server strain/derps etc.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 04:26:56 pm by LordSuragaha »

BouncyLion101

Re: Strange Problem
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2013, 04:23:50 pm »
What your experiencing sounds like lag.
To take some control over the lag try turning your water reflections off and switching your rendering system to Direct.

You might also want to try this if the lag is really horrible: http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=11278.0

EDIT: Didn't realize Sura ninja'd me and already suggested some stuff. Going to cross out the already suggested thing. c:
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 04:29:07 pm by BouncyLion101 »