Author Topic: Regards the registration (I wouldn't normally bother)  (Read 3501 times)

Offline Kendel

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • Moved. Moved. Moved.
    • View Profile
Regards the registration (I wouldn't normally bother)
« on: November 28, 2013, 05:31:23 pm »
I don't really know how or why I decided to post this kind of derp, but I have a little idea regarding the registrations. Now I wouldn't normally bother, and I know it will never happen, but it's worth a try, right? You don't have to carry on reading if you don't want to. This is regards to the account registration.

So what if there was a time when the registration would be open all day - since people are going here and there and over their heads complaining that the registration is never open. Other cases would be complaining that the registration closes as soon as they found it open because they've probably entered at the time right before it randomly closed. (I've noticed that it opens early in the morning and late at night, and usually for two hours?)

Maybe if it was open for a day then people wouldn't really have an excuse. Probably one day a week; with the moderators setting the day or it opening at random. And to solve the problem regarding people that spread the word and then they all know which day it's open and then joining, lagging the servers and blah: don't post or tell anyone when it is open; let them find out themselves.

Ex, week one: Open Monday
Ex, week two: Open Friday

So it opens randomly completely unexpected. Ugh. I don't know how to explain.
But here you go.

Cheers,
TechieDelay

« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 05:33:47 pm by Techie'xo »

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 230
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
Re: Regards the registration (I wouldn't normally bother)
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2013, 07:29:01 pm »
Well, of course, to edit registration, that would be entirely up to Razmirz, our server master (he's the one that sets it to open randomly-- the other staff don't have this ability).

It does openly randomly, as you said, and it does stay open for about two hours once it does.

However, I'm not sure this would keep the effect intended when registration was designed in this way. If we opened it for one 24-hour period per week, that means that any user can check in once per day-- and just play the guessing game, and it's considerably easier than it had been. And there's no stopping users from spreading the word about registration, either. The moment it's open, you still see users bouncing about in the game, shouting, "Registration is open! Go get another account now!"
For it to open that long, one every week, would cause a huge surge of users to come and register. Keep in mind that many of these belong to users who already have an account, and just want more accounts, for one reason or another.

Not that we don't want new users, but we have to keep certain things in mind considering this.

If we were barely gaining any new members per month, then maybe this would be an idea to genuinely consider. However, by looking at our forum Stats Center, you'll see that already we've had 2,559 new accounts registered this month of November. (That's approximately 86 new accounts every day.)
So, I don't think we're really struggling on our member count enough to open up registration for a longer period when we still get thousands of new accounts each month.

We appreciate the thoughts, though. <3
« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 07:30:41 pm by WhiteLightHeart »
|| ~Avatar by Kikiorylandia, Sig commissioned by Wolf_Memories~ ||
|| Thank you. <3 ||

Offline ~Stargazer~

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 78
  • "Helloooo? Trickster."
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2013, 06:14:38 am »
I do like this idea however, Whitey does have a very good point.

Preset Download
Will be less active until October 7th.

Offline xxRedfangxx

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2013, 06:21:47 am »
I say we should turn Registration back on to get some new faces into the game. I know alot of people want to join i think you should set a limit to how many can register a day.

Free Hugs!

Offline ~Stargazer~

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 78
  • "Helloooo? Trickster."
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2013, 06:33:52 am »
I think you should set a limit to how many can register a day.
That would just cause more problems to me, imagine being really excited to get FH and the registration is open but too many people had already registered that day? In my own opinion, I think the registration is fine as it is. It's set to open at random times (instead of always being open) so the severs aren't overworked and even though the registration never seems to open it opens daily.

Preset Download
Will be less active until October 7th.

Offline xxRedfangxx

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2013, 06:46:46 am »
Well i think they should make them like that because then you have a chance once a day to end up in the game and i think the server limit should be 1200 people

Free Hugs!

Offline Kendel

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • Moved. Moved. Moved.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2013, 08:46:39 am »
Well, of course, to edit registration, that would be entirely up to Razmirz, our server master (he's the one that sets it to open randomly-- the other staff don't have this ability).

It does openly randomly, as you said, and it does stay open for about two hours once it does.

However, I'm not sure this would keep the effect intended when registration was designed in this way. If we opened it for one 24-hour period per week, that means that any user can check in once per day-- and just play the guessing game, and it's considerably easier than it had been. And there's no stopping users from spreading the word about registration, either. The moment it's open, you still see users bouncing about in the game, shouting, "Registration is open! Go get another account now!"
For it to open that long, one every week, would cause a huge surge of users to come and register. Keep in mind that many of these belong to users who already have an account, and just want more accounts, for one reason or another.

Not that we don't want new users, but we have to keep certain things in mind considering this.

If we were barely gaining any new members per month, then maybe this would be an idea to genuinely consider. However, by looking at our forum Stats Center, you'll see that already we've had 2,559 new accounts registered this month of November. (That's approximately 86 new accounts every day.)
So, I don't think we're really struggling on our member count enough to open up registration for a longer period when we still get thousands of new accounts each month.

We appreciate the thoughts, though. <3

Ah yes, I see your point.. I suppose the word would spread pretty quickly.
Danke for taking your time to read this<3