Author Topic: More Contests  (Read 3101 times)

SoulRevenge

More Contests
« on: December 24, 2013, 05:58:17 pm »
   In the past I think we've held more contests: as in full-blown, having-its-own-thread, on-the-forum and being-talked about contests, not just reffering to the currently inactive monthly preset contest. Nah, I'm talkin' about the banner contest from who knows how long ago, or that one writing contest, and I'd really like to see another one of those (perhaps allowing off-topic material, too~?). Maybe another map-making contest, once more from who knows how long ago.

I'd basically like to see a few more activities for members to do, varying in subject so different people within different skill classes can show us all precisely what they're capable of. Of course I understand that these sorts of things aren't 'neccesary' and actually might be a bit inconvenient to hold during this game's current circumstance. But I still think it would be nice to see (*coughcouugh*especially a writing contest*cough*)

Soo, what would anyone else think about these sorts of events~?

Offline ~Stargazer~

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 78
  • "Helloooo? Trickster."
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
Re: More Contests
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2013, 06:04:07 pm »
I must admit, I like the idea of the Monthly Banner contest. Such as, floofies could take some screenies of them and some other users in game, edit them and send them into a contest. Which ever screenshots win/voted for the most could be put up as temporary banners for the site.
I do like the ideas all in all.

Preset Download
Will be less active until October 7th.

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2013, 06:12:28 pm »
I rather like this idea as well. It'd be intriguing to see said contests being held every once in a while. It'll allow users who aren't that good at making presets/other additional mods show what they truly excel in when it comes to a variety of creativity.
gone

Offline Trixxy

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2013, 06:16:07 pm »
The writing contest sounds great! I don't normally participate in many contests such as the preset contest because I don't know how to make a preset. Same with a map making and banner making contest. Though I am alright with writing. All contests sound great and I would love to see them going about FeralHeart and watching people win with their work. :3

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2013, 06:20:08 pm »
Ah, I'd really like for there to be more contests held. Really any kind. I'd like tew see the entrees. :3

Offline Feareh

• The Jaguar Artist
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 195
  • Where is the Walrus Species?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2013, 06:20:27 pm »
Honestly I love this idea. I love the idea of them having a art contest again since they are so based on DeviantART too. xD
really any contest is good by me, but I think the main thing they eventually closed down the preset contest was cause most of the judges were dropping out and didn't have the time.
so all in all, I would like to see one ^^
I Stalk from time to time...I have moved on to other things but do miss this place. Good times
Add me on discord:
Bakujio 🐺#7358

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2013, 06:23:45 pm »
It's a wonderful idea to always add new contests and keep things moving and fun in the community so I agree totally with you guys there. Trust me we have discussed bringing back old contests and perhaps introducing new ones, however it takes a great deal of effort, time, and planning to get these things going though. Contests also demand prizes. We appreciate your interest in both new and old contests and know that we are listening but just be patient and soon enough we might have things coming around again. Also understand that many of the staff are in college, university, high school, & or working and just setting up for big events like Christmas, Halloween, and Summer Parties while still managing time for regular ingame and site work take a lot of team effort.

For now just sit tight. There will be more surprises & fun things soon enough :)
« Last Edit: December 24, 2013, 06:29:06 pm by LordSuragaha »