Author Topic: All maps but Sky's Rim have GRASS!?  (Read 1995 times)

Offline cherrytimebomb

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Not my own picture. Found online~ <3
    • View Profile
All maps but Sky's Rim have GRASS!?
« on: December 30, 2011, 04:25:22 am »
D: I went to South Pole and realized I have a problem! All the maps but Sky's Rim have the african grass terrain... WHY!? And how do I fix it! DX PLEASE HELP!

Offline Lokiwolf

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Re: All maps but Sky's Rim have GRASS!?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2011, 05:46:44 am »
Sky's Rim isn't supposed to have any grass or real terrain. It's only has the floating islands and then water below it. When I first went there, I thought that too. xD
SRAM:D

Life is kind of like a bucket of eraser shavings.. except when it's in a pail.. then it's like a pail of eraser shavings..

Offline Benjaminx3

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 10
  • Survive
    • View Profile
    • deviantART
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2011, 06:47:49 am »
Apparently A LOT of people are having this problem... My friend just started to having this problem. Switching the rendering system seemed to help... but then it made her game crash often.

Lady Massacre

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2011, 05:03:18 pm »
This has recently happened to me as well. I'm afraid I do not know how to fix this problem, but since (I don't think) it hurts anything, why not leave the terrain there? I know it is annoying, and so maybe you would want to try re-downloading the patch or game instead of leaving it alone.

Offline Benjaminx3

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 10
  • Survive
    • View Profile
    • deviantART
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2012, 01:27:30 am »
Re-downloading things doesn't seem to help. Even with the patch that just came out before Christmas, it's still doing this for people. I messed around with the files and stuff. If I take out, or rename the african_grass file, everything shows up white, instead of with that terrain, or any other. Similarly, if i rename another terrain from lets say.. "brownishstone" and change it to "african_grass", then every inch of terrain would be covered in the brownish stone texture. So it's probably not something wrong with the texture files, if that's even possible.
I'm thinking maybe it's a problem with terrain masks and the new patch. Either that, or maybe something with the game and the Direct3D9 rendering system, because like I said before,  if I changed the rendering system to OpenGL, then the terrains will be back to normal, but then it'll crash frequently. And the drivers are all up to date on my computer.
So I don't think there's been many fixes yet.