Author Topic: a stranger in a strange land  (Read 4004 times)

Offline Fearo

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
a stranger in a strange land
« on: November 01, 2023, 03:03:09 am »
Hello there, I am a long-time player. Joined in Aug. 2012. I have really great memories from this realm and always enjoyed my time in the many worlds. I decided to hop back in FH after it crossing the mind here and there. I have a special place in my heart for games like this. About 3 months ago I installed and took a stroll around Active Worlds. With only about 30 users on at any given time. A friend was explaining how "dead MMOs" felt eerie. I never thought that- if anything it's a little less overwhelming. And regardless of player count I still like to walk around, hang out and explore. Also having precious memories in this game feels almost like revisiting an old house you used to live in. I often go, "Oh yeah! This is where my friends and I hung out!"
I took the extra time tonight to install and figure everything out. I FINALLY got into the game.
 Oh the days of 100+ users online, the grounds full of RPs and groups. I was always a lone player, more lurking and watching others roleplay as so many were creative and intriguing. Most of my interactions were fleeting and in passing. But that's okay, too. I still made some grounded memories here. I have to give thanks to FH for allowing me to reminisce here and the many friends who I interacted with. Oh man isn't it kind of heart-breaking in a way to see the old usernames of your friends list who probably havent logged on in forever? I imagine how many thought the same of me during my YEARS of hiatus.

Regardless, I would like to re-introduce myself. Although never very active on the forums nor in any guild/clan/group I just want to make my presence known as I wander around. I enjoy exploring and have been surprised with some new things I didn't know were added! Like the new home world, er- lonely cave? Anyways. Call me Fearo, always been my user and in-game name. If you see me around don't be shy. Though not much of a talker we can rummage around together and perhaps you all can show me some portals I didn't know existed!

So glad this place is still here.
not every feeling is a universal fact

Offline Oddonelynx

• Tuesday is applesauce day, but I am also a Jovial Bobcat!(Not lynx)
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 110
  • Hyenas deserve less hate.
    • BOTOFan
    • channel/UC5lDa5s7GLRWQHoH70ne34Q
    • View Profile
Re: a stranger in a strange land
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2023, 09:13:36 pm »
H4ll0 welcome back.
Lonely Cave was actually added around 2012 IIRC!

Art by QuietMacaroni

Offline Fearo

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2023, 04:22:22 am »
H4ll0 welcome back.
Lonely Cave was actually added around 2012 IIRC!

Thanks so much! It's nice to be back. I haven't logged on in so long. Oh yeah, the remake of lonely cave I'm sure I was still playing then. I remember a specific map called Acension Island (Isle?) and it was my absolute favorite map! I was scanning the forums and saw that there used to be race events held on that map. Oh maaaan, I wish I was active during that time because I LOOOVED just wasting time there and climbing to the top - I believe I was pretty quick with it :')

Where does everyone hang out nowadays? I've been lurking around the grounds and I see some folks around but I've been too shy to approach or interact. Custom maps? I was never a custom skin/preset/map user - always just played everything with base game stuff. Always been a vanilla kinda person. But I'll see around 10-20 players online and I'm wondering where everyone is! There was a user that posted a map locations tutorial in the forums a year ago and that came in handy. But I'd be happy to download a custom map if anyone would like a new member or fuzzybutt to hang out with.

Haven't RP'd in years but while lurking around I've kind of missed it and seeing the old OCs I made makes me smile. Fun memories.
not every feeling is a universal fact

Offline Saboomba

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
    • Saboomba
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2023, 05:31:26 am »
Hi there! I know things aren't real active these days, but you'll probably come across a few people here and there. I play every so often, just not as much as I used to. I usually find people in The Grounds, but I think they're often in custom maps too. If you ever catch me in game, I'd love to show you around. There's lots of fun things to see! I enjoy rping too and am kind of sad there's not usually anyone to do it with.

Offline Azurain

• 🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃
  • Member Of The Season
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 183
  • an actual forest gremlin
    • lark-bird
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2023, 07:56:19 pm »
Welcome back! It is a bit slow but for some reason I find it peaceful sometimes.

Offline toonanimals317

• The Fandom Queen
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 48
  • What is grief, if not love persevering?
    • toonanimals317
    • randomnessandfandoms
    • Toonanimals
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2023, 03:23:41 pm »
Everything you said is very true, old MMOs that don't have an active player base often still feel nostalgic, but it can be a bit eerie to wander around and remember how populated maps used to be and see no one there.

Nevertheless, welcome back to FeralHeart! I hope to see you around sometimes! I hope that despite the slightly unnerving quiet, you stick around with the community!

Other Accounts - ImTheHero, Wolfshadow317, & AgentWashington - Say hi!
Sig by CheetusPeepus on Tumblr, Profile Pic lines by AViciousFox on DeviantArt

My Presets!

Offline Ame88

• ❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄ Winter is a .' - ` , ' - . ` timeless ' , ` - '. ` , - ' . season. - ', - ` , ' - . ` , Everything ' , ` - . ' , ` . freezes. `_,_'_-_._`_,_-
  • Admin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 216
  • Yeah I believe in Bigfoot. Nessi and Kovu too!
    • Ame88thewolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2023, 06:52:09 am »
Late, but a very warm welcome back to FeralHeart! It's always heartwarming to see returning players, and I think it's safe to say we're all very happy this little place is still here~ Excited to see you around!

Profile picture by Telluric
Thank you ;u;
Bio | My Creations
Renegade Row | FeralHeart Resort

Offline Harleen

• The FeralHeart Local Friend~
  • Member Of The Season
  • Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • ''I don't yell at you. I just speak in all caps.''
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2023, 11:58:47 pm »
Hi floof! Welcome back to FH^^
Profile art made by kaizer.ashton + Signature by NightR

Offline Telluric

• the future is bulletproof, the aftermath is secondary, it's time to do it now and do it loud, killjoys? make some noise!
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 78
  • -cue live studio audience groan
    • telluricdog
    • artelluric
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2023, 06:04:32 pm »
welcome back to feral-heart. see ya around
they say the world is endin'

well maybe it's about time!
don't ask about the yellow flower