Author Topic: Items effecting character select markings?  (Read 671 times)

Offline Taizer

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 56
  • "I can have a margarita at 11:30 am if I want to."
    • TaizerFH
    • TaizerFH
    • View Profile
Items effecting character select markings?
« on: July 02, 2016, 10:13:09 pm »
I'm a game modder as most probably know, and I'm currently working on a really big item pack for some really cool wearable.

Only I've hit an issue I desperately need help on.

Now I've got all my items converted, lined up and working, its just that in character creator they seem to be effecting the character markings? Like when you select a marking, its not showing up on the character until you either go back and change body parts quickly to get them to appear or they appear when you save the character. (I can probably get a video of this if people need some visual for it)

The markings worked fine to start with and then at some-point along my work the feline only was effected, and then the canines stopped working properly to. I think I might have thought it was a passing glitch but I'm not 1000% sure of exactly when it started along my time of work. I have also removed all the items and deleted them from the item cfg, to see if it would change, but the markings are still broken.
 (It cant be to do with number of items, at least I don't think, because Legendary on my other drive uses more than I have on my own set and the markings work fine with legendary.)

But if anyone other than me who makes items has had an issue similar and fixed it please help me out! I've spent about a week working on all these to be worn and I'd hate for all my effort to be wasted due to this one problem.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2016, 10:20:19 pm by Taizer »
Looking for my converted mesh? You can find them here ! https://taizerfh.wixsite.com/digitalviolence

Offline lol_lions

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • why
    • View Profile
Re: Items effecting character select markings?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2016, 11:33:50 pm »
I don't have experience with modding, BUT,
Did you change anything in your markings.cfg?
Also make sure all of your FH texture files are there, for example fbodymask, fmarktigerhead, fbodyshade.
If you think you may have changed markings.cfg try to see what you changed and undo it, or restore a backed up version of it.
Another thing is try to use Direct3D9 rendering system instead of OpenGL if you can.

If all solutions that are mentioned in this thread (By me and any other future posters) don't work, I'd just suggest reinstalling.