Author Topic: Modification Work Hiatus  (Read 2933 times)

Offline Taizer

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 56
  • "I can have a margarita at 11:30 am if I want to."
    • TaizerFH
    • TaizerFH
    • View Profile
Modification Work Hiatus
« on: March 21, 2017, 05:45:44 pm »
Not leaving the game, I'll still be online to play, just, due to some harassment issue on Deviant art from one user over the fact they cant use my meshes on IT server maps, I'm taking a break from mod and conversion work. The last straw and call for this is the gross way I've been treated over my Pokemon meshes and the blackmailing threat to report me to Nintendo (and other game companies I've been converting mesh from on non profit use terms, just because I refused them use on an IT map!)
This harassment has actually made me consider pulling all my mesh from download. I dislike being treated like dirt.

This Hiatus also means I'm wiping my to-do list, everything I was going to do I am now not going to do. (apart from one preset I owe and then that is it for a while.)
Sorry if you enjoy seeing my updates.
Although as said I'll still be online in the game so if you see me and want to chat I'd love to chat!
Looking for my converted mesh? You can find them here ! https://taizerfh.wixsite.com/digitalviolence

ForestHysteria

Re: Modification Work Hiatus
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2017, 05:52:19 pm »
I'm sorry this happened to you Taizer, you shouldn't have to take down your meshes because someone can't get over the fact that they are for FH purposes only. A lot of people love your meshes, heck I use your meshes in my maps. But I understand why you would strip the downloads (since they're going to such extremes, even though they themselves wanted to use the mesh.) I hope when you come back from your Hiatus they'll knock it off.
Take care though~

Offline Astraea

• ❤ Positivity ❤
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 186
  • previously esarosa
    • Esar0sa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2017, 06:22:30 pm »
I completely understand, Taizer.

That person was highly immature on their end and I am sorry for your troubles, it all shouln't have happened this way, it truly shouldn't have. Either way, stay safe and away from that person. I am here to talk if ye need anything at all.

Farewell for now.
not active here anymore ♡

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2017, 06:35:32 pm »
That's immature of them.  You could have counter trolled them by giving them "Converted meshes" made of basic cylinders and cubes textured to look like the objects they wanted & they'd be like "Why is this so low poly?".
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2017, 06:42:22 pm »
Hmm yes. It's very understandable that you need a breather and break such as this. Many/most IT communities can be a very troll-ish, negative and snobby. It doesn't at all surprise me that some users have decided to one-up you and threaten you like this.

Don't let them get to you, just enjoy what you like to do. I'm sure you're aware of copyright bases anyhow. It's wrong of them to try and threaten you like this, especially since they cannot really do so unless you have proven to say that you take credit for the creation of a Nintendo game, when you're not the creator. It's relative to how KF2 has a certain map that is decorated in a Mario setting, even a Spongebob one. All that is ever asked for is credit given to the original object/mesh creators and/or owners of a specific game if you're allowed to use material made by them etc.

It's common sense. These... children do not understand that.

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone

Offline Edolicious

• Luck o' the Irish
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 108
  • Luck O' the Irish
    • Edolicious
    • Edolicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2017, 06:43:10 pm »
I'm so, so sorry you had to deal with all that,  Taizer. You've done so much with sharing all that you have, and you don't deserve to be treated like that. Not one bit.

I completely understand why you've decided to take a break from it. I don't blame you whatsoever. I will say that those people have no idea what they're talking about. Thank you for putting up with how some people have acted in the past, and for providing us all with your creations. I hope these people can come to their senses and apologize, and I hope you stay rested from it in the meantime.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 06:45:36 pm by Edolicious »
Sig by https://twitter.com/limesquares
Avatar by https://deviantart.com/atachi00
Always do the right thing, even if no one is watching.

Offline Azurain

• 🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃
  • Member Of The Season
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 183
  • an actual forest gremlin
    • lark-bird
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2017, 08:23:26 pm »
This is really disheartening to hear. I saw a few of your mesh works and really loved them. It's terrible that people are like that and will just purposefully try to mess things up for everyone else. Lets hope you get it sorted though and you can get past this.

Offline sanrio

• Grumpy Overlord
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 108
    • kiyatii
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2017, 08:25:10 pm »
This is very saddening to hear, Taizer.
Whoever acted like that towards you is very childish. Although I don't even create maps it's heart dropping to hear that you're taking a haitus from mesh making.

Avatar by byambyy | Signature by rykerclawss

Offline Enoki

• Herba Chronographus
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
  • Who lives in a portabella under a tree?
    • FantasyFungus
    • EnokiTheDryphon
    • Enoki_G
    • View Profile
    • The Realms of Yugure
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2017, 10:56:57 pm »
Dang, that makes me mad to hear. People like that need an attitude adjustment and need to learn to respect the wishes of the download creator. I'm sorry to hear this was done to ye. I hope ye will still be able to create wonderful mods; I enjoy seeing them from ye. ono

Tmw you planned a ten minute nap but instead took a whole year.
☙Icon by dA JRProducts; Sig by PocketMutt❧

Gigi

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2017, 11:06:03 pm »
How rude of them! I would had kicked them to the next planet; i don't bullies. However, i am sorry you are going through this, i know it is hard. :/

Please take time you need. <3