Author Topic: Role-Playing: What to do and How to do  (Read 4853 times)

Offline Wolfie_Lover

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 25
    • View Profile
Role-Playing: What to do and How to do
« on: November 29, 2013, 01:15:49 am »
(Dear Admins/Mods/etc., please move this topic if I have misplaced this. Thank you~)

Hello, my little FeralHeartians and Guest-y Floofs~!
Well, today I'm wanting to teach you guys how to role-play correctly, and what to do. (Not all of these techniques are correct for just you, if you can't find a way to work them, that's okay! Everybody's different.)

What I'm going to be covering:
  • In-game rules, and how to use them
  • How to deal with certain people
  • Certain role-play words you should use and not use
  • "No-no"s, and certainly "need to do"s!
  • Who to role-play with
  • How to be friends with complete strangers!

Okay, I know these are strange to-dos, but they can be really helpful in the FeralHeart world!
I'm not trying to mini-mod, or anything, but if the Admins/Mods/etc. think I am, then they have the right to delete this and do anything they want with this.
I'm just wanting to help out~

-Wolfie

Offline Wolfie_Lover

• Community Champion
    • View Profile
Re: Role-Playing: What to do and How to do
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2013, 01:15:58 am »
How to Apply the Rules!

Well, it's quite simple, actually! Read them and make sure to follow them.
That's pretty much to it.

Some things can be taken to a more mature, serious level. Like the "No mating rule", and people can be banned for using the "ButtSwing" action on top of other plays.
All I'm saying is to remember that these are other people who are playing this game, and not robots making it seem like it's actual people. And, just because people look like they're doing nothing, they could be in a Whisper with their friend, in Group trying to manage everything, or just floofin' around.

I'm just really saying, be courteous of other players and make sure to read the rules and apply them to your everyday role-playing.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 01:21:42 am by Wolfie_Lover »

Offline Wolfie_Lover

• Community Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2013, 01:16:09 am »
How to Deal with Others

People can be sensitive, people can be caring, and people can be harsh. Some all at once, others not so much. Sure, their characters can be jerks to your character, but don't get defensive in OoC (or for those who don't know what it means, it just means 'Out of Character'). You are just role-playing.

A question you might have is possibly "What if they're n00bs, or power-players, or something?!"
Just stay calm, and whatever you do, do not get defensive with them. They're people, too. Sure, they can be rude, they might break a few (or a lot sometimes) rules, and you can report them if they do so. You can also just hit the "Block" button, which is why it's there.
And if you're nice enough, which I can be, you can take them off your "Blocked" list when you think they've had enough trouble and you're giving them a second chance, or if you think they've logged off. (You can also have a person keep lookout for you if they don't block that specific user as well.)
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 01:27:38 am by Wolfie_Lover »

Offline Wolfie_Lover

• Community Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2013, 01:17:04 am »
Words You Should and Shouldn't Use

I'm not talking rules-wise, but you should be aware of what you're allowing your character to say and what you say either way, but more role-play-wise.

I do not recommend using wolf-speak! I repeat, I do NOT recommend using ill-experienced role-player, or anyone for that matter, to use wolf-speak!
On the topic of wolf-speak (using words like "tiara" for "head", "pillars" for "legs", etc.), you might get confused and really lost. Just because some role-players say "Literates Only!" doesn't actually mean that they are advanced role-players. They especially aren't if they use wolf-speak, no matter how they use punctuation, spelling, spacing, etc.
If English isn't your first language, I really hope you try to stay away from people like this, or you might be confused. If you speak English, I hope you never use language like this.
If you really need help coming up with cool words for a specific part, then you're either not using the word correctly, or you've used it too many times. Perhaps you need a new way to describe your character.
Lucky for you guys, there's already a thread on this topic:

http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=32034.0

You should check it out if you're having troubles~
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 01:36:33 am by Wolfie_Lover »

Offline Wolfie_Lover

• Community Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2013, 01:17:14 am »
No-Nos and Do-Dos

I have to agree with most: Gary/Mary Sues are almost everywhere and are some of the power-players, god-mods, insta-killers, etc. So I can understand why this rule is put there.
However, the most that I have agreed with prior to this sentence would already know that this rule wouldn't be needed for "literate" role-plays, since no advanced role-player would actually ever Gary/Mary Sue.
For example, this is what a pesky bugger--Imean, Gary/Mary Sue can do:
"tom wanted someone to mate with. he felt alone but didnt cry in his corner. i love you. he muttered in his sleep. his beauty glowing in the moonlight attracting all females and making them jealous of him and wanting him. its always happening. he thought."
Now, now little children reading this, this isn't the best way to get a mate, (you shouldn't mate at all, but you can have your characters in love, of course~!) since nobody can be that beautiful, nor can somebody make all the female wolves/whateveryouare fall in love with you. In fact, this is a big no-no!
Back on track: I think this rule isn't really needed at all, since most already know not to do this. Some might do this, but I still think you don't need to tell someone like "You cannot do this", or "You cannot do that", or something like that, (that might just be me...) and tell them before warning them if this rule isn't added.

I really hope you don't have a bleak idea from that quote on role-playing, it's more than just dos and don'ts.

All you really need to know is that people don't like Gary/Mary Sues (perfect characters), god-mods (perfect characters that can do anything they want), power-players (characters who don't use realism), insta-killing (death no matter what), or anything like that. c;
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 01:45:10 am by Wolfie_Lover »

Offline Wolfie_Lover

• Community Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2013, 01:37:14 am »
Who to Role-Play With

You can role-play with anyone you want! Complete strangers, best friends, adults, children, anyone who knows how to role-play correctly~
As long as people are being kind to each other, you can role-play whom ever! With whom ever!
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 01:59:02 am by Wolfie_Lover »

Offline Wolfie_Lover

• Community Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2013, 01:46:13 am »
Save

Offline ~Stargazer~

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 78
  • "Helloooo? Trickster."
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2013, 08:01:26 am »
You should notify a mod and tell them that this needs to be moved to the Member Made Tutorials Section ;)

Preset Download
Will be less active until October 7th.

Offline cloudfire

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2013, 08:03:25 am »
Mhm, PM a Staff to move this to the category "Member Made Tutorials" don't think any are online right now but possibly tomorrow or soon?

? Signature by Pokrovka ?

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2013, 03:55:23 pm »
Then how come this nice lady told me that an Rp is what you make of it . . .

anyhow, these sound ok to me

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972