Riverwind
Fizban
Elistan
Laurana
Gilthanas
Kitiara Uth Matar
Pyrite
Crysania

Author Topic: Dragonlance Lovers!  (Read 22124 times)

Offline RavenShai

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 80
    • View Profile
Dragonlance Lovers!
« on: April 02, 2011, 10:20:44 pm »
Yes, I know, many characters to choose from. Also add other characters you like from the series that isn't among the votes! Also put your reason why for why you love the character you have voted!

WARNING: There may be spoilors, also I have not read all of the books yet. What I have read shall be placed below.

The books I have read:

Chronicles

Dragons of Autumn Twilight
Dragons of Winter Night
Dragons of Spring Dawning

Legends

Time of the Twins
War of the Twins
Test of the twins

Lost Chronicles

Dragons of the Dwarven Depths
Dragons of Highlord Skies
Dragons of the Hourglass Mage (currently on)

The Second Generation

Dragons of Summer Flame

Also, this section isn't just for discussing your favorite character, but everything about the Dragonlance series!

« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 07:40:48 pm by ~Katsa~ »
The Hobbit

"Where did you go to, if I may ask?" said Thorin to Gandolf as they rode along.
"To look ahead," said he.
"And what brought you back in the nick of time?" "Looking behind,"...

Offline RavenShai

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
Re: Dragon Lance Lovers!
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2011, 10:25:52 pm »
I actually have two favorite characters. The second is Raistlin Majere. Though he is 'evil', and doesn't make the best decesions, he was his own person and never allowed himself to owe someone else. He paid his debts so he wouldn't be hold in them, and followed his own rules and beliefs.

My all time favorite character, however, would be Tanis. He's more reasonable than everyone else, he always thinks on how to take care of everyone, making decesions that don't really help him but help the others. He takes care of his group, always getting them out of trouble, and finding a way out of tough situations. He doesn't allow emotions to cloud his mind and judgement. Also, I think how he views the world is awesome, he can be very straightforward and speaks the truth about things where others won't, stating the facts.

Tas would be my next favorite. I love how he would always steal something but to him its not stealing, its burrowing, or he'll say something like: "Oh, is this yours? You must have droppen it." Or "This belongs to you? It must have fallen into my pouch by mistake." And also "Oh, this? I was just holding onto it for you."
Also, no matter what the situation, he is always in a good mood, helping to lift other's spirits up and helping everyone along.

I also like Sturm, how noble he is and how he is a true Knight at heart. He's very honorable, though stubborn, and will never run from a fight. He faces his enemies head on, and is always there for his friends.

Kitiara is very admirable. With her, I like how she doesn't let love stop her from accomplishing her goals. She never gives up, she is an excellent fighter and planning her next move. She takes risks and is always determined. She has a fiery spirit and knows how to disarm her opponent with words just as well as with a weapon.

I also like Fizban, how they had made him a sort of goofball, and always messing up that firespell of his. They gave him the appearance of being unable to work things out and cannot handle himself, when really he knows more than all those around him and knows exactly what he's doing. I also love how they had him and Tas show a type of close bond with each other.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 12:21:14 am by ~Raven~ »
The Hobbit

Offline RavenShai

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
Re: Dragonlance Lovers!
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2011, 11:10:03 pm »
(Poke? o:)
The Hobbit

Offline dragonlover6

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 30
  • Brethren before Wenches.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2011, 07:51:28 pm »
Curse you for giving me choices! I love them all! XD Though, I agree with all of your points on the characters. One of my favourites though is Flint Fireforge.

One thing I loved about him was how he and Tas always quarreled, and Flint seemed like he hated the little guy.. But whenever Tasslehoff got in a pickle he'd worry sick about him like a mother hen! It's those kind of relationships that always mean a lot to me, and we know that Flint doesn't see Tas as just a "doorknob."

Also, where in the Abyss is Pyrite?! XDDD I don't see him as a choice!

Don't kick me when I'm down. Because when I get up, you're screwed.

The name's Vant, don't wear it out hunny |3

Offline RavenShai

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2011, 08:08:49 pm »
O: How could I have forgotten Pyrite! Shall add him in.

And I know right? The bond between Flint and Tas was awesome, what they go through is touching and though Flint absolutely refuses to admit it, he cares a lot for the little kender. I think everyone else knows it but don't say anything xD

Another close bond is between Raistlin and Caramon, though Raistlin thinks its untrue in a way. Even after all the ways Raistlin treated his brother and thought he didn't need him, in the end he still cared and missed him. They also had their moments, one of them being when Caramon had got himself caught in a rabbit trap and what they believed was a army of trolls (exagerating) was actually just a rabbit XD
It was the first time Raistlin laughed in humor in a very long time, it was a happy moment for them both. I believe this was somewhere in War of the Twins I think.
The Hobbit

Offline dragonlover6

• Elder Grey Pelt
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2011, 08:12:33 pm »
The dragons need love too! XD

Haha yeah Flint is a grumpy old dwarf but everyone loves him. <3

OMGOMG! That's like my favourite part in the whole series! Okay maybe not my favourite, but definitely close! I think the bond between Raist and Caramon is really unique, and how they need eachother and become such a great team is so touching.

"Look Raist! Bunnies." X3

Offline RavenShai

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2011, 08:33:56 pm »
xD I know right? One of the best parts of the series, it made me want to cry in joy!
I think those series were my favorite, it was just about Caramon and Raistlin and what they have been through and going through then. It was a view of their relationship with each other and the struggle both were going through.
Another favorite part of mine was when Caramon was going to fight against the big troll guy (I think he was a troll) who, well, wanted Crysania and so he was going to try and save her. He won fair and square but the others were going to attack him anyway, and he fell to the ground in exhaustion. He waited for them to strike, but nothing came. He then glanced up to see Raistlin standing over him protectivly with fire I think going around in his hand, while Crysania was at his other side healing his wounds. Awesomeness! 8D (Also, just realized I didn't put Crysania among the votes. To many characters to choose from! xD)
The Hobbit

Offline dragonlover6

• Elder Grey Pelt
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2011, 08:36:43 pm »
Actually, it was an half ogre named Steeltoe or something... I remember useless info. XD I think the  Twins' series would be perfect for me if it involved dragons, but unfortunately in that span of time they were all sleeping... D: XD

Crysania isn't really a favourite character of mine. I'm kind of mad at her for being with Raistlin *grumblegrumble...*

Offline RavenShai

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2011, 02:41:57 am »
You remembered more than I did xD

And meh too D:

She wasn't really the best in my eyes, but you know different people have different opinions, and she played a big part in the series so you know someone may have her as a favorite haha.

To be honest, I'm not sure why or how Raistlin could of started developing feelings towards her. I think in a way, both were the same when it came to accomplishing their goals; their determination, sense of will power, and so on was what probably drew them closer together. Both were just on different sides.
The Hobbit

Offline dragonlover6

• Elder Grey Pelt
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2011, 10:14:02 am »
Well, I'll admit she did have her strong moments but on the whole she isn't one of my favouirte characters like Tanis, Sturm, Kit, or Raistlin. Crysania is definitely more tolerable than a lot of other characters that I know of from other books XD

I think it was also the attraction to Raistlin's darkness that attracted her, and perhaps he saw some sort of light in her that could help him? I'm not entirely sure...