Author Topic: Keyboard icon bug  (Read 1571 times)

Offline Monarth

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • "I never finish anyth"
    • View Profile
Keyboard icon bug
« on: May 09, 2011, 12:27:00 pm »
Now, I'm not sure should bugs be reported here, but I didn't find any other place, so here goes.

I've been interfered with a slight bug regarding the keyboard icons. Very often the game changes my keyboard icon layout from my original finnish to american layout. This is very unfitting as it's very hard to find where all icons are when the bug is active. Oddly though, the bug disappears in half an hour or so, but it's a frustrating time. The bug also fixes when I close the game and reopen, but it often tends to come back soon after.

This bug is not in my computer's keyboard layout setting, I've doublechecked and it's always finnish layout during the bug. It comes only in the game. At the same time, when the bug comes, the keyboard layout is normal for ex. on the internet.

I've been dealing with this for some time, so I'm kinda wishing a fix for it.

Also, as a little bump, my 2 older suggestions:
Private messages
Nordic letters

Offline Gargantor

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
  • WQ/FH/AK fan... RAWR
    • View Profile
Re: Keyboard icon bug
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2011, 08:44:25 pm »
ive got the same problem. i have to restart sometimes every 5 mins or only 2 times in ahour. completely random when it pops up. i did mention it at a thread called book of glitches, but didnt really get a response.

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2011, 02:05:54 am »
  I think that might be because FH is actually meant to be used with the american setting or something? I do know that many people from other countries have to change their keyboard setting to american to play I beleive, so that might be the issue... But it does sound annoying, I'd hate to have my keyboard settings change when I played.

^And don't quote me on the american keyboard thing, I'm not 100% certain on that...

please click here! Help me raise my pokemon!
Signature: Kyugima, Rimfrost, Deafosho

Offline Gargantor

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
  • WQ/FH/AK fan... RAWR
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2011, 12:12:45 pm »
i dont think you can actually make games for american or european or any settings...
many games are made and none seems to show this problem...
most are made in america, and sometimes even the guide shows american keyboard settings, but no problem on the european keyboard... Its just sometimes its annoying how the "z" and "y" is swapped. if i dont look on FH, and this glitch happens, i am tzping this waz and its annozing. and ppl look at me like im some idiot o.O

Offline Muindor

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2012, 02:56:49 pm »
-Removed by Moderator-, is there no cure for this? Oo
« Last Edit: March 04, 2017, 03:31:56 pm by Kynvuu »

Offline meowool

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2012, 03:40:08 pm »
 I think that might be because FH is actually meant to be used with the american setting or something? I do know that many people from other countries have to change their keyboard setting to american to play I beleive, so that might be the issue... But it does sound annoying, I'd hate to have my keyboard settings change when I played.

^And don't quote me on the american keyboard thing, I'm not 100% certain on that...
I have an Euro qwerty (which is different to the American one) and I don't get this glitch, but that could because it's still English language.

Also about the Nordic letters I thought 'e' after a vowel can be used instead of an umlaut (don't know the common name and as German is the only language i can speak that has them in it, so I know the german name for it.)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 03:42:59 pm by meowool »