Author Topic: Missing .dll files.  (Read 1329 times)

Offline loveofwolfs

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Missing .dll files.
« on: May 21, 2020, 04:52:42 am »
I've downloaded the game 5 times. and can't download the patch on page dew to the first FH file not having 4.dll files.

But I have these files in my folder. Why isn't the game letting me get the patches?

The files are as followed.

libOIS.dll
libcurl.dll
irrKlang.dll
libeay32.dll

Are they corrupted files?

FH home game page tells me I need the patch. Which I can't get because of these files.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2020, 04:58:30 am by loveofwolfs »

Offline Ame88

• ❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄✧❄ Winter is a .' - ` , ' - . ` timeless ' , ` - '. ` , - ' . season. - ', - ` , ' - . ` , Everything ' , ` - . ' , ` . freezes. `_,_'_-_._`_,_-
  • Admin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 216
  • Yeah I believe in Bigfoot. Nessi and Kovu too!
    • Ame88thewolf
    • View Profile
Re: Missing .dll files.
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2020, 05:15:43 am »
Are you sure you're installing the new .exe file correctly? Here's a helpful tutorial on how: > Linkie <

Profile picture by Telluric
Thank you ;u;
Bio | My Creations
Renegade Row | FeralHeart Resort

Offline loveofwolfs

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2020, 05:51:47 am »
Ok. did as informed. Now the load page wont let me change the subsystem I need to run. I doubt it'll load the game once I get the proper sub up. But I can't get that far to check.

RenderSystem_Direct3D9.dll is what I need. it just don't come up on the select list.

Update!!!!

After about 10 tries. Direct3D9 came up. But wont connect to front server. XD. I hope Y'all aren't going bonkers with all this issues of players.

I feel for you guys.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2020, 05:56:03 am by loveofwolfs »

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2020, 06:18:35 am »
Thank you so much for your concern <3 lol. We're doing alright.

An alternative to waiting for that load page to appear is to change your rendering system in the ogre.cfg file found in your main FeralHeart folder (C:\FeralHeart for most people)
Instructions
• Once you find the file open it in Notepad!
• At the top of this image where it shows "OpenGL Rendering Subsystem" you can manually type "Direct3D9 Rendering Subsystem" and vice versa if you want to change it to OpenGL and then save the file.

As you can see from the image you can also change various other graphics settings in the ogre.cfg file.

The "Failed to Connect to Front Server" issue:

If it's been a while since you've played FeralHeart: a reminder that you will need to open the "Play Game" tab at the top of the site to be able to login to the game.
Instructions
• Go to the top of the website here and look at the right for "Play Game"
• Keep that page open on a separate tab and login using your regular username and password
• Once you are successfully signed in you should see a page that has this on it as well as a bunch of other information:

• You must keep this page open in your web browser while you play so don't close out of it after you are logged in.
• It's recommended to use a page refresher extension for your browser otherwise if the page is not refreshed, it will log you out after an hour.
This is my current recommendation for a page refresher extension if you are using Google Chrome: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/super-auto-refresh-plus/globgafddkdlnalejlkcpaefakkhkdoa
You can always Google page or tab refresh extensions for other browsers

Let us know if you need further help
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.