Author Topic: Removing Darkness Mod?  (Read 2953 times)

Offline Minxy

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • The ones that love us, never /really/ leave us.~
    • View Profile
Removing Darkness Mod?
« on: November 30, 2014, 03:02:52 pm »
Hello~
I'd gone to Mura the Mink's thread about their Darkness mod [which I have downloaded and DO love], but I wasn't sure whether I could post there or not, as when I went to it said about there hadn't been a reply since 20 days - and I didn't want to post where I shouldn't - so I'm going to post here xD

As much as I love the Darkness mod, it makes snow yellow in day time - and I mapmake, and currently the map I am making is snow based, so I can't tell what it looks like with other terrains, because of the yellow snow. Nor do I want to completely re-install FH because of all of my downloads, maps, the maps I'm making, nor do I kind of know what files were there before as you had to replace when prompted.

So I was wondering if anyone knows or has the files that I could replace the darkness mod with, that would get rid of it - to the normal FH. Or if there is another way to remove the yellow snow? - or even just a way to remove the Darkness mod without having to go through the issue and trouble of re-downloading FH. ;_;

If you do, thank you!
If you don't, still, thank you!

Offline OreoHeroz

• Taco-Hat
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 142
    • View Profile
Re: Removing Darkness Mod?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2014, 04:07:53 pm »
After doing some research, I found out that you can't get the original files without having to re-install Feral Heart.

Best thing to do is:

How to uninstall;
1. Copy Items file, Items.cfg, Textures, and Markings.cfg 
2. Paste them somewhere safe like on your desktop.
3. get a backup of the game that is not modded from backup in computer
4. delete media
5. Insert the fresh media files
6. delete items + textures that were fresh
7. Paste the Items file, Items.cfg, Textures, markings.cfg, from your safe place into the media. .cfg(s) go in main
8. Make sure it worked
9. Enjoy!

I apologize in advance if I was wrong. I haven't been on Feral Heart for a long time so my brain's forgotten a lot of things. :p Otherwise, good luck.

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
Re: Removing Darkness Mod?
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2014, 05:32:54 pm »
I'm pretty sure there is a thread that contains the downloads of the original files. I don't know where it is though.