Author Topic: How to give away accounts? (Didn't know where else to put this)  (Read 5091 times)

Dracknorin

Please read this before you post, I'm probably not having the issue you think I am. Thank you.

So I have two accounts floating around, that belonged to my brother and sister respectively. They've showed no interest in the game, so I thought I might give the accounts to people who want to join, but haven't caught registrations open.

But I'm wondering how to go about that fairly. Since there's only two, and I don't want to cause some sort of uproar.
Advice? Suggestions?

SoulRevenge

Re: How to give away accounts? (Didn't know where else to put this)
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2013, 04:09:29 am »
I would suggest picking the two you give these accounts to VERY carefully- make sure they are people you trust and rarely do anything rash, such as cuss in the open or anything of the sort. If they are banned, so are you, due to IP adresses linking (Though I've heard it's apparantly easy to get out of this- it's just a rumor though, I see no use in verifying it.)

I would suggest giving the accounts to close friends in real life that might want it, or perhaps close internet friends who, as stated above- do not cuss often or do anything rash. Really, giving these accounts to people you barely know is ridiculously UNWISE, and may result in the banning of them AND you.

It would really be best if you would simply keep the accounts to yourself, since you really don't know what might happen with other people.

Dracknorin

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2013, 04:51:56 am »
I wasn't aware that they were linked to my IP. This is interesting to know. (In that case It's probably good that my sister isn't on. )

Thank you for telling me, I'll have to talk to my friends and see if they're interested.

Offline peachbreeze

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2013, 02:22:14 pm »
I wouldn't give the accounts to anyone, because who knows what they can do with them? People can be really mean, I suggest you go to your brother and sister's account setting and delete it if it isn't used anyways. Also, that person can post embarrassing things and humiliate on the web, anyway they can. Don't even give it to your friends, In my opinion just keep everything secret.

.-.

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2013, 02:36:48 pm »

Offline Feareh

• The Jaguar Artist
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 195
  • Where is the Walrus Species?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2013, 04:26:07 am »
As said above you must be very careful to who you give the other account to. It's not really encouraged to just give out your other accounts to friends cause the connection used from you r other is billings are still somewhat connected with there's, and if they so happen to do anything bad or rule breaking, then that would mean that you and your other 2 accounts would be out. It's the way Feral Heart is and as stated before by Red:
"You are responsible for your own Internet connection, and sharing accounts is not recomened."
I Stalk from time to time...I have moved on to other things but do miss this place. Good times
Add me on discord:
Bakujio 🐺#7358

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2013, 05:54:38 am »
To make it simple, you don't.

What Suragaha linked above in their post, your accounts are meant for you, don't know how many times we had users coming to us with issues that they expect us to solve or excuse them from just because they gave away accounts or borrowed other users account.

I may sound blunt, but just because you have extra accounts doesn't mean you must give them away or share them by any means. It has been proven several times that if you give away accounts, you will get in trouble for it, and that's not because of the staff or mods, it's because of the people you gave them to pulls you down with them.

So as advised, don't give away accounts.
Former community manager of FeralHeart