Author Topic: Sometimes, I really don't understand Roleplaying  (Read 2839 times)

ThrillexForLife

Sometimes, I really don't understand Roleplaying
« on: September 10, 2013, 10:11:19 pm »
So. Yes. I really don't understand Roleplaying sometimes, and sometimes I think it's really stupid.

Anyway, let's discus.  So most of the times, I see people making their own roleplays...blah blah blah (whatever) So...after they finish making the roleplay and get the members, they begin to rolepay. (that's not the problem)So while their roleplaying after awhile...active, fun, and interesting. Then all of a sudden, it stops. Randomly stop. Yes, I know people are other roleplays, but seriously? Just leave a prefect roleplay out? I think that's mess up. Anyway, you were so interested in it, and say "Hmm, why don't I just remake it and roleplays with the others?" So you do that and is now accepting everyone.

Later on the day, you get a private message from the owner of the roleplay, saying how you need to remove the roleplay? What? It's not like were owning it. We know it's yours, but we just want to roleplay? Were not stealing or anything? I mean, come on we want to roleplay and find your roleplay interested. But no, they have to tell you to remove it, even though they not playing on it. But you're not even roleplaying on it, so why should you? Not to be rude or anything, but you want to have fun right? It's like were stealing art work here... :/ We or I just want to be fun; etc.

Anyway, you take down the roleplay and is gone. After a couple of days or so, you see them make another roleplay. Now, right there, is just stupid and not fair. (Again I know it's your roleplay, I totally respect that)...

Okay. I think I'm done explaining, and hopping this is not confusing or stupid.

Well, what do you guys think of this? Do you agree or disagree? :3

Thanks

Offline Lady_Alizarin

• ✨ Is a Slytherin ✨
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 122
  • ~ Inactive on the forums
    • View Profile
Re: Sometimes, I really don't understand Roleplaying
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2013, 10:58:53 pm »
I understand where you're coming from here, Thrillex. But like you said, it IS their roleplay, therefore they can decide whether or not to continue with it. I know it's irritating when they don't want to continue with a good roleplay they started, but you can't make them continue with it if they don't want to. You can try motivating them.

Often times people quit roleplays for other reasons. Sometimes they have to quit because they have to deal with things in their personal lives. For example, I once participated in a Warrior roleplay that was going good and smoothly. It was going good for 3 days until the leader didn't log on for many days. We all thought they got bored and quit with the roleplay group entirely. Well a few days later, the leader of that roleplay logged back on and whispered me saying, "Sorry I wasn't on. I got grounded and couldn't play on Feral Heart." I couldn't really say she purposefully quit the group roleplay, because her parents banned her from using the computer while grounded.

There could be other reasons why they quit. When it comes to many of the roleplays here on Feral Heart, most of them are played for a few hours to a few days, then the players move on to something else. It's not really a stupid thing. I hope what I say somewhat makes sense to you. If it doesn't -shrugs- then I don't know what else I could say. That's all I got.
Inactive

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2013, 11:15:17 pm »
I can relate to what you're saying here, it's a big reason why I got tired of joining rps both on site and in game. I can understand that the creator of a rp might decide to drop a rp for serious or valid reasons etc but when it comes to forum created rps why don't the uninterested owners just leave the thread there for others to have fun with? If I created a rp and lost interest in it and some other users revived it and rp with it themselves I'd be flattered to see that they still had interest in my creation. I wouldn't just selfishly shut them out just because I'm done with that rp. I've seen some users shut down their rps while others are using it and if these other individual go off and recreate the rp in their own thread the owner flips out. Some people often just get to possessive with their rps and forget to let people have fun with it. What is it going to kill you to mark off an old thread in your replies to threads section?

Offline Lady_Alizarin

• ✨ Is a Slytherin ✨
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 122
  • ~ Inactive on the forums
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2013, 03:17:38 am »
I can relate to what you're saying here, it's a big reason why I got tired of joining rps both on site and in game. I can understand that the creator of a rp might decide to drop a rp for serious or valid reasons etc but when it comes to forum created rps why don't the uninterested owners just leave the thread there for others to have fun with? If I created a rp and lost interest in it and some other users revived it and rp with it themselves I'd be flattered to see that they still had interest in my creation. I wouldn't just selfishly shut them out just because I'm done with that rp. I've seen some users shut down their rps while others are using it and if these other individual go off and recreate the rp in their own thread the owner flips out. Some people often just get to possessive with their rps and forget to let people have fun with it. What is it going to kill you to mark off an old thread in your replies to threads section?

Oh.... I never thought about the forum roleplays. I thought we were talking about roleplays in the game. Well, I've never roleplayed in the roleplay section of the forum before... so I wouldn't really know how all that goes. I guess it would kind of be irritating if the person who made the roleplay wants to shut down the thread while others are still going with it.
When it comes to the in-game roleplays, there were some that I wish would have been more active and continued the story. There were some where we didn't get to finish the story at all because one of the important characters left and never returned, for whatever reason. It could have been the result of circumstances beyond their control. I will never really know.
Inactive

ThrillexForLife

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2013, 10:06:17 pm »

Oh.... I never thought about the forum roleplays. I thought we were talking about roleplays in the game. Well, I've never roleplayed in the roleplay section of the forum before... so I wouldn't really know how all that goes. I guess it would kind of be irritating if the person who made the roleplay wants to shut down the thread while others are still going with it.
When it comes to the in-game roleplays, there were some that I wish would have been more active and continued the story. There were some where we didn't get to finish the story at all because one of the important characters left and never returned, for whatever reason. It could have been the result of circumstances beyond their control. I will never really know.

xD Yes, were talking about the site. :3 Anyway, I totally understand your point, Sura. It's frustrating, isn't it? xD Besides, if someone made my roleplay over, I don't care. It's really not  affecting me.:/ I can understand it was fun, and was to early to be stopped. Anyway, at least I one that understands my point. :>