Author Topic: Story Behind Your Username  (Read 38487 times)

Offline Chunky_Squirrel

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 125
  • Forever Flaming
    • View Profile
Re: Story Behind Your Username
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2013, 06:55:36 am »
Well, at first my forum user was called~ Dark (Something, i dun knuw, i forgot. xD)
But the name Hackers. came to me, when i forgot how were pirets called in english, i'm not an english expert, or a grammar master either, i'm just a simple kid, trying to find a hang out place, for peeps to be with.
The name Hackers. is what pirets are called~ I didin't even thought about, that word much, but i see now, that the name Hackers. is from the people who hack forum's, but i dun even know how to hack one, and i wish to never know it.
Why to brake other people's dream's? Huh? Because your evil and want to hack someone? Go ahead and hack yourself. I don't know how it is possible and i don't care how.
But to change my forum user? Hmm..... i haven't thought of it, i like the name~ Hackers.

Profile picture by me! ^.^
IM BACK!!!

Offline shiftyglob

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • Rawr, I'm Megatron!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2013, 08:30:00 am »
A few years ago I was trying to make an account for a forum (I cant remember which, might have been WolfQuest), but I couldn't come up with anything so I gave up for the time being. Then some time later, my eldest sister was Playing Mass Effect 1 and she ran into the shifty looking Cow (Some alien thing that steals your money when you look away from it).. My other sister then suggested I use Shifty looking Cow as my user name, and I was all 'ew, no!' So she changed 'cow' to 'glob' and after some serious thought (not really) I had an 'eureka!' moment and shortened 'Shifty looking Cow' into 'Shifty glob', and it has been my username ever since.

I like my name to much to even think about changing it, even if I'm not to proud of its origin.
"Courage is not the absence of fear but the ability to confront fear"

I would like to apologize to anyone I have not offended yet. Please be patient, I will get to you shortly.

Offline meeeea

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2013, 11:12:57 am »
I go about the web as Tariri and/or BlackDoll. When it comes to Tariri, I mashed up some cute words together and it worked. Blackdoll/BlackDoll is a more serious and darkened side of me. I fancy it more then Tariri, though. I love black, it fits with any color and it's associated with mistery 'n all, while "doll" is there just to make it a bit interesting. I'm awkwardly scared of dolls anyway, but I liked the word enough to use it.

theorca55

« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2013, 05:32:39 pm »
Weeeell... you see, I really like orca whales and other cetaceans. I was in the Zoo Tycoon community a while back and came up with "theorca55" when signing up on a forum. I eventually started using "orcadolphin" which was a username I came up with for an online How to Train Your Dragon dragon training game.

Offline peete

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • Pineapples...
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2013, 11:43:30 am »
DevilBurgers was a name I made up. It sounded cool when you don't actually think about burgers attacking you XDD

But Peete is my last name irl. I was half asleep when I made my FH account and I ended up putting my last name instead of the ACTUAL username ;-;. So no every time I log on my friends are like "PEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETE". (Which sounds pretty ridiculous when saying it outloud lol).

INACTIVE BECAUSE OF INTERNET ISSUES...

Offline marzishadow

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • The Tumble Mouse
    • View Profile
    • Marzi's DeviantArt
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2013, 03:08:08 pm »
Ah, so this is actually sort of a long but interesting story... A long while ago my sister and I used to love Homestar Runner, which was like a cartoon/website thing on the internet and they had these short little funny cartoons and there was one female character named Marzipan and she was just our favorite character for some reason. So my sister made a youtube account and it had the name marzi in it after the character Marzipan and later she gave it to me to make videos, so I became known as Marzi as my name. And then I started to use it over and over, but more recently I have been using my "spirit animal" name Tumble Mouse, because it's more closer to me. Either way I still like the name Marzi.

P.S. my first name was marzishadow because Marzi was already taken on Impressive Title so at first I used it again on FH to help me find my friends from IT but later on I made a new account called Marzi, so actually my forum account still runs on my marzishadow account in game that's also why my forum name has the "~" in it because I already own that name on another account.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 03:10:38 pm by Marzi~ »
? Proud Scorpio  ?

Marzi, The Tumble Mouse

Offline Skrillexx

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 9
  • DANCE THE DANCE OF LIFE
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2013, 03:25:41 pm »
I just adore Skrillex's music, found FH and was like, "Well why not? c:", But I might change my forum-seen username. But keep my IGN Skrillexx. :I

Awoken.

Offline Metronome

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
  • IF YOU SMEEEEEELLLLL WHAT THE ROCK IS COOKING
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2013, 04:06:34 pm »
Eh, I was trying to think of something different then what I normally do, so I thought of Pulp Fiction. So for now, it's Pulp.

"CLIMB THE LADDER KID, MAKE YOURSELF FAMOUS!"- Jim Ross

Video game, zombie, pro wrestling, and giant monster enthusiast. PM if you wish for Steam username.
In-game name: Geekboy27

Offline darkknight

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
  • Ask Questions
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2013, 06:23:27 pm »
I was actually going to have mine, "Fox Philosopher" temporary until I could think of another name. Then eventually, I started to grow on my character and the name (even though, it's more of a title than an actual name - I'll have a character bio soon, lol). A few days later, I came to realize that I had a liking for philosophy and thinking in general. Like an alternative hobby and wanting to learn about the universe we live in. So, I let the name stick and here I am as the Fox Philosopher.

As for my in-game user, Black Fox, I wasn't really thinking at the time, but I still like it anyway. The only thing I would do is to space the name together to "BlackFox."
Image © Mikita Kavalenka

Offline Blue_Apples

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2013, 06:29:59 pm »
Well, at the time I really liked the color blue (though purple is my favorite color) and I still do like it. Also I just finished reading/watching the first act of Homestuck and the only thing I could think of right then was just about the blue apple John was saved with. Then bam Blue Apples was born. And I wouldn't change that name for anything.