Author Topic: How is that possible  (Read 6197 times)

Offline Lady_Alizarin

• ✨ Is a Slytherin ✨
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 122
  • ~ Inactive on the forums
    • View Profile
Re: How is that possible
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2013, 11:05:41 pm »
What I meant was, I don't take it personally, but when I think about how they just tried to make me look like a fool, and then, 'Support' me in something else, as if they never disagreed with me ever.
This is what I had meant.

Oh... I see.

Well to answer you question of "How is that possible?" it just is. As Silhoutte explained before, they aren't trying to make you look like a fool in the discussion where they don't agree with you. It's probably not their intention to make you look stupid. They are just trying to share their little imput with you.

I can't really explain to you on how it's possible. It just is. It happens all the time here on these forums.

Try not to dwell on it.
Inactive

Offline Silhouette

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 53
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2013, 12:22:17 am »
You claim that it drives you insane when someone debates against you, they get many supporters, and you say it makes you look like an idiot. You wonder why someone argues against you in one topic then agrees with you in another... and you say it drives you insane, yet you claim you don't take it personally?

......How is that even possible?

Are you looking for a specific explination here?

What I meant was, I don't take it personally, but when I think about how they just tried to make me look like a fool, and then, 'Support' me in something else, as if they never disagreed with me ever.

The fact that you think about it after the fact on a completely irrelevant thread means you're taking it personally.

If you DO find yourself thinking about "Well he/she said/did in the other thread about......-insert topic here- and didn't agree with me." Then you /are/ taking it personally. Its overreacting about something that /does not matter./ You can't over-think it.

If I go on one thread and disagree with you and agree with you on the next, would saying something to effect of bringing up how I disagreed with you in another topic make a whole lot of sense? No. It would just be bringing an off-topic conversation to the thread. Would refusing to post because "Oh he/she posted there, so even though I agree I'm not going to say anything/I'm not going to post." make sense either? Of course not.

So really the only thing that DOES make sense is to state your option on the 2nd topic, whether you agree/disagree with the person and that's it. No more. You don't talk about some other random thread or act hostile toward a person because they disagree with you on some other thread, that's childish and bratty.

And let me ask you, what exactly /are/ you mad at the person for anyway? You say "they make me look like a fool." Okay.....How?  How are they making you look like a fool in a completely fair argument? By doing what? By stating their opinion? By backing up facts with evidence?  By doing everything that they have a /right/ to do just as you do?

Now while I can't be certain how old you are, and though I highly doubt it, you may be older than me. But I'll say this anyway. In the adult world, people expect you to know how to present ideas and your thoughts and how to not be a sore loser or take things personally.

Lets say Joe and Jill are trying to get a promotion. Both have the same resources at their fingertips and the same amount of time to gather up their ideas. Their co-workers will vote for who's ideas seem the most beneficial to the company. The one with the most votes wins the promotion

If Jill proposes a fantastic case that make's Joe's case look pitiful by comparison and she gets the promotion instead, guess what Joe's boss will expect him to do? It doesn't matter how "well thought out" Joe's ideas were, or how long he spent on them in comparison to Jill, or how it "seemed like a great idea at the time," Joe's boss is STILL going to expect him to come into work Monday morning with a smile and acknowledge Jill respectfully as his new supervisor. Joe's boss isn't going to want to hear his whining about Jill's new position and "woe is me, life's not fair." That's a quick ticket to getting fired or in the very least, irritating your boss.

Jill was never "out to get him." She didn't cheat. She won fair and square and her coworkers ONLY voted for/supported her because she had the best argument/ideas.The only thing for Joe to do at that point is admit a loss, get a stiff upper lip, get over it, and try to do better next time. Not to whine. Not to take it personally. Not to glare at Jill at the next company banquet or disrespect her because she beat him. The only thing to do is to get over it and do better next time.

Its no different in an online argument and its NOT a big deal. I mean come on, think about it, you're on the internet with tons of total strangers. Should you /really/ care about what they think? No.

Oh... I see.

Well to answer you question of "How is that possible?" it just is. As Silhoutte explained before, they aren't trying to make you look like a fool in the discussion where they don't agree with you. It's probably not their intention to make you look stupid. They are just trying to share their little imput with you.

I can't really explain to you on how it's possible. It just is. It happens all the time here on these forums.

Try not to dwell on it.

And this, too. :/
« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 12:30:29 am by Silhouette »

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2013, 06:42:56 pm »

Oh... I see.

Try not to dwell on it.

Thank you for keeping on subject and answering my question Lady :)

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline gold feathers

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 87
  • Learn From Your Mistakes
    • View Profile
    • Shadows Of Mine
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2013, 10:06:10 pm »
I have experienced such matter in my early time being here. It did used to drive me insane but now I just shrug it off and carry on with my floofy life. of course I have better things t do than sit there and argue. Instead I like to sit there and write really long paragraphs in discussions. (Summary of my life xD)

However I did recently come across such situation and I don't really remember how it went but it was very awkward and concerning for me... I was like "Gosh, make up your mind ya floof!" you either like me or you don't! I don't hate or dislike anyone and I nearly never hold grudges. But even though I am a layed back floof I do tend to sometimes tangle my paws into such situations.
In-game username: gold feathers
Role-play group: Panthers Of Crossroads