Author Topic: more registration times?  (Read 3532 times)

Offline Spottedbears

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 41
  • mister sandman, bring me a dream
    • View Profile
more registration times?
« on: May 03, 2014, 01:07:53 am »
no! this is not a request for more opening times, hehe.

anyway, i've noticed quite the increase in members posting on the introduction board, not to mention the loads of people coming back; but it seems as if the registration times have been open for longer and more abundantly? that, or more people are willing to stay up later/wake up earlier to desperately snatch an account when it opens.

what do you guys think?

Art by me!
DA: Chrome-domey
Tumblr: Cassiopirate
Need preset, animating, or map help? PM me!

Offline xmapleleafx

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Re: more registration times?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2014, 02:02:06 pm »
Yeah,I do think that aswell.Feralheart is becoming really popular,and //alot// of people make 2nd accounts.o3o.Some people even wake up at 1:00 am to see if the registration is open,because it is usually open when they think it would be less popular!
Insert a fancy signature here.

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 230
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2014, 02:47:03 pm »
Well.. FH has kept a steady popularity over time, and if anything it seems like fewer people are registering for new accounts at the moment, as the April/May months (when most users or potential users are studying for exams, or are generally just busier and have less time to check registration) are usually less active as far as new accounts go. You can see this by reading up on the forum stats page. This stat always rises again in June, though, since many get out for summer break, and may have more chances to check for registration to open up.

In 2014 we've gotten consistently anywhere from 1,000 to 3,000-ish new accounts in any given month, so even with the busier times, we get new accounts registered all the time. While we don't know how many are secondary (or beyond) accounts from users who already are registered, people certainly are finding it open.

Rumors that it opens at 1am are false, though, since people live in all sorts of time zones, even just in Europe or the US (where most of our userbase lives), and registration has no set time that it opens. If people are getting up early in the morning to find it, then perhaps they may get a lucky draw, but the chances are about the same no matter what time you happen to check onto the site.

I think users are just being persistent with checking the forum, if anything.
|| ~Avatar by Kikiorylandia, Sig commissioned by Wolf_Memories~ ||
|| Thank you. <3 ||

Offline Insoholic

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 152
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2014, 10:07:19 am »
Hai, @Spottedbears. I registered this account on 18th of May at 00:00 (In Bulgaria) at night. There was about 700 players online in-game. In every country I think the registration comes randomly. Cause in Bulgaria was 12pm (I think, in bulgaria we don't have pm or am; 00:00) and there was about 700 players online. Next week it was 10:30pm (20:30) and the registration was open again.. If you are from Bulgaria and you want to register better stay woke at night.

It was May.  :)

Signature art by Kynvuu

Offline Shally

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 220
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2014, 12:34:43 pm »
Please don't necro older threads.